[INFO FOR USERS][BetaTesting]Launcher Admin/Autodownloader Fix

Schmitzenbergh

IMPORTANT

Important message for everyone that used this beta launcher. The new version has been pushed and due to my oversight, something went wrong with the version numer. All the people that are using the betalaucher from this thread can't update to the newly released one.

You can download the update manually here: http://cdn.renegade-x.com/site/launcher-4088.zip

But because all of you installed it just as I told you to, you should still have the original launcher, right? (right?)

south-park-bp-sorry1.png?w=640

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, Schmitz here with something,

For some people, the map seeker isn't working correctly and I can't figure out the exact problem. But with a little help from @dtdesign I've found something that might be the problem. This and the fact that Admin right are now removed are some reasons to bring out a beta for you all to test for me >:)

As with all Beta stuff, I'm not responsible for your installation getting corrupted(Should not though), instabilities or aliens kidnapping your prize winning pig.

So what do you need to do to run this?

A friendly warning: Don't overwrite your current Launcher with this one!

First you'll need the Launcher files here.

Then you need to extract the "LauncherBeta" folder into your Renegade X folder (Don't look at the dates, old screenshot)

LauncherBeta.png

In the "LauncherBeta" folder, you'll find a file called "ForceACLChange.bat". You need to run this once to simulate a normal update on the Launcher. You'll get a small CMD prompt which will open fast and close, afterwards the launcher will start.

LauncherBeta2.png

Close the Launcher and restart it the normal way and if all went well it should say in the top "V0.633 Beta".

LauncherBeta3.png

Check all the settings 'n stuff and try to run the game and report any errors here. I'm writing this quickly so I hope I didn't make any mistakes.

-Schmitz out

Current Bugs:

-Intromovies not checking/unchecking correctly
-Cancellation of downloads not working directly, but after the single download finished

Error changing intro movies?

http://prntscr.com/d0g65i

Everything else works.

The strangest thing is, once I click OK on that error, it still has put the 'OK' mark in, and when I save the settings, they get properly applied anyway.. seems that the notification was for nothing I believe?

I ran the program without administrator privileges btw..

The new Launcher works very well. It start the New Download! :)

Maybe Improvemen: you could add a download speed / mb / mb overall/estimate time  stats to the download window.
many ppl want do know how much /fast they download the stuff

Bug:
http://prntscr.com/d0ianq

i pushed the cancel button on a map download and it dont stop the download . see screenshot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important message for everyone that used this beta launcher. The new version has been pushed and due to my oversight, somthing went wrong with the version numer. All the people that are using the betalaucher from this thread can't update to the newly released one.

You can download the update manually here: http://cdn.renegade-x.com/site/launcher-4088.zip

But because all of you installed it just as I told you to, you should still have the original launcher, right? (right?)

south-park-bp-sorry1.png?w=640