SDK old or new version

Xtractor

My maps was made with the old Rx_SDK_July_03_2015.

Did move the SDK when the new patch came out to my C:

I guest SDK didnt like it

I was trying to rework on my map but had many issues ( SWarm errors ,Map could'nt be save Before " Build All "

So I'd decide to uninstall everything (RenX ,UDK..)

Presently reDownloading the RenX game .

After i'm wondering if I should reinstall the Old SDK (July_03_2015) or the New one (Rx_SDK_4JAN2016) ?

And Btw there Should be a Sticky here about SDK installation ,and the little stuff to modified to make it work ect ..Infos at the moments are all here and there in different posts   :(

• Totem Arts Staff

I prefer the latest one because it has all the script for new stuff like comm center, veterancy system, but also mapping options (base defence range, Vehicle skin option), kismet stuff.

I forgot a lot but I prefer the latest  (check download section)

• Totem Arts Staff

Does it crash when you save it and play from here?

About the textures. Textures probably moved to a different location but still in the SDK. Just open the material and re-add the texture you want.

Don't know about the rechecking data, I think that's always because I think I had it sometime too.

Those are quite rare because I never had it, maybe you should contact one of the devs for any further help

Edited by ThommyK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Two things you can do to fix it.

1. File, Save as. Save it as a new file

2. Select All  (NOT CTRL+A, IS NOT SELECT ALL IN UDK), copy everything and paste it in a blank map. NOTE: this will take some time. He's still working if he doesn't show "BUILT WITH UDK HAS STOPPED" even it says "not responding"

Starting to see light at the end of tunnel :)

Even tho i'm log as Admin on my PC ,look like I have to Run as administrator on the shortcutt to UDK( SDK)

That fix most of the things ^^

Built ALL:  Take lots of time to complete compare to before (Swarm Agent when on the Processing Mapping (blue))

Thanks t Ruud033  & Thommy <---Next Dev please

old verAudio.jpgEdit: including this SS could tell you something usefull

ON OLD SDK 2015 ^^ Audio memory used is .03% compare to new ver at 100% (below)

audiostats.jpgNow I have no sound when I Play from here  in the New SDK version

I can hear  for a second some sound (music)then a declic and sound is off  and may redo the same randomly.

If I copy and paste the same WIP map into my old 2015 SDK. Sound is Back no problem and The Swarm Agent Goes 10X  or more Faster to complete the check after Built All

Edited by Xtractor

If you can't hear anything that means all the 32 audio channels are overloaded, although this should result in sound dropping or a nice crash. Probably some sound(s) is on a positive feedback loop (in layman terms overlapping sounds). When overlapping hits the 32 mark, the engine starts dropping the new packages just like a ddos attack.

"Audio Sources" tells the number of audio sources playing back at the moment and will never be able to exceed the above mentioned channel limit which is 32 by default. You can set it up to a maximum of 64, but that's another story.

"Wave Instances" is the number of wave instances the engine wants to play back. The number of channels of the sound files (mono or stereo) doesn't matter.

"Wave Instances Dropped" is the number of wave instances the engine fails to play back when it exceeds the channel limit, this must be pretty high considering the memory consumption.

If this hasn't solved yet I'd advise to check your sound cues. Remember that the repetition time must be higher or equally long than the source lenght.

Nope, apparently the channels are not overloaded.

Edited by Radeon3

2 hours ago, Xtractor said:

If anyone (s) wants to improve ,complete ,the Map  its ok with me ,Coz I really have good hope its should be a fun and nice map ,if done right.

But I'm so slow at it :(

Still for now I will go on with it ..alone :...(   by myselft  :S 

I also took 1 year to complete my first map to 100%, learning the UDK is 1 thing, building a working map is another.

I must say that I really took it all the way and pushed the possibilities of that time but still. It takes time.

To fix the sound: rename your map to something like CNC-Xtractor or something, the code looks for the "CNC-" prefix.
To fix the long building times:

That's about it. You do not have much actors in the level yet so it's easy to spot these things.
I'd suggest you google a bit more about UDK lighting and the way it works, it could really help you out. I can't help you out every single time so please do not rely on me. I also have my personal life :) 

Learning the UDK and it's lighting takes effort and time, if you understand the workflow and it's process you can actually make things pretty easy. Applying products without thinking is something anyone can do.

• Like 2

-Sound

I did rename to CNC- but it didn't fix my sound issue

(Mb one on 20 reopening did work)

Here Few Things I found 

From this link  And that had  works for me to fix my Sound

Had this problem on and off (mostly on) close udk if it's open, go to your config folder and delete udkeditorusersettings.ini DO NOT DELETE DefAulteditorusersettings. Restart UDK (this should recreate the file). The sound should work. After a while I start having the problem again and I have to delete the file again. Hope it works for yA.

Swarm Agent  Slow Scan
From This link  

There are two options located Swarm Agent's Menu for in the Cache drop down for Clean and one for Validate

• Clean: This will clear out the cache at users request.
  • Validate: This will validate all cache entries and hashes to make sure they are up to date.

Note: Cleaning and Validating the Cache can sometimes resolve any issues that Swarm Agent may be running into while building lights.

Where is my Swarm Data Cache stored, and Can I change its location?

You can view and change the location of where your Swarm Cache is saved by opening Swarm Agent and going to the Settings tab. Under the Cache Settings drop down you will see the CacheFolder.

My Swarm cache folder location  had a wrong Path .

Changed it to the good one and Clean and Validate Cache ..Gave me a super Fast Scan :)

If this can help other ..Cool :)

Edited by Xtractor

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎15 at 2:11 PM, Ruud033 said:

I also took 1 year to complete my first map to 100%, learning the UDK is 1 thing, building a working map is another.

I must say that I really took it all the way and pushed the possibilities of that time but still. It takes time.

To fix the sound: rename your map to something like CNC-Xtractor or something, the code looks for the "CNC-" prefix.
To fix the long building times:

That's about it. You do not have much actors in the level yet so it's easy to spot these things.
I'd suggest you google a bit more about UDK lighting and the way it works, it could really help you out. I can't help you out every single time so please do not rely on me. I also have my personal life :) 

Learning the UDK and it's lighting takes effort and time, if you understand the workflow and it's process you can actually make things pretty easy. Applying products without thinking is something anyone can do.

Usefull infos will try to Fix and learn more about it .

I will Persit and Finish  This map :) 

Thanks Ruud033