[Poll] Questions about City

TK0104

[Poll] Questions about City  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Shoud CNC-City be changed to non-flying?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If City would be changed to non-flying, Should ramps be removed too?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should Tiberium Fields be moved closer to the base?

• Yes
    • No

• Totem Arts Staff

Yo,

So I've saw a lot of bugs in CNC-City Flying in the past. And I realized that this map is not that good for aircraft vehicles because of the amount of space in the map. Like on walls you can fly over the plateau while you can't do that in City. Also a lot of bugs appeared with the aircraft enabled (like you can get out of the map; you can repair your vehicle behind the wall.

I think the map will be much more fun with apc rushes, med rushes. And I think this map will get the same tactic on PUG walls: Apaches + SBHnuke. Of course there is auto-base defence, but when PP or AGT/Obby is destroyed....your team is doomed as what!

Let me know your thoughts about it in the Poll and comments. Comments help me too of course :)

Edited by ThommyK0104

Well, I think that all verhicles except mammoths should fit through it, so that there are more paths for tank rushes.

That is especially important for NOD with their stank rushes, when GDI is dominating the field, while there are also some tanks on the bridge. I remember that paths being used a lot that way in the original game.

Edited by Denuvian

2 hours ago, Denuvian said:

Well, I think that all verhicles except mammoths should fit through it, so that there are more paths for tank rushes.

That is especially important for NOD with their stank rushes, when GDI is dominating the field, while there are also some tanks on the bridge. I remember that paths being used a lot that way in the original game.

I agree with this point a lot...

Back in Classic Renegade: Most of the time the field was dominated by GDI forces resulting in nod being pinned, for this reason Nod always did stank rushes to get through field - 70% of the time was the side path for Entering and leaving the bases

10% was via the main entrance, but you got screwed over by all the mammoths and med tanks + orcas when flying

the other 20% was bridge

The side past must be opened up for Tanks (ESPECIALLY stealth tanks) apart from the Mammoths of course + APCs if possible, cant remember how wide they are compared to stanks

P.S. The majority of the time when Nod Dominated field it was due to Apaches

It's a Tank map like Hourglass

21 hours ago, TheDeadlyWolf said:

Back in Classic Renegade: Most of the time the field was dominated by GDI forces resulting in nod being pinned, for this reason Nod always did stank rushes to get through field - 70% of the time was the side path for Entering and leaving the bases

10% was via the main entrance, but you got screwed over by all the mammoths and med tanks + orcas when flying

the other 20% was bridge

The side past must be opened up for Tanks (ESPECIALLY stealth tanks) apart from the Mammoths of course + APCs if possible, cant remember how wide they are compared to stanks

This is impossible now, as Stanks are no longer narrower than Meds, and even if they were, Unreal physics are a lot variable-istic, if a tank can barely fit, then sometimes it'll jam it, and sometimes you can squeeze a tank you aren't supposed to in at an angle. POSSIBLY get away with all but mammies, because mammies aren't a small size difference and don't have high-horsepower physics.

Here's another idea. If tiberium fields are infantry-only, put a silo there so infantry have a reason to contest that area. Since no vehicles can pass that way, the silo can be inside the underpass and the skyscraper.

• Totem Arts Staff

@YagiHigeI don't like the idea of adding silo's on both tib field. Is way to close to each other.

I'm thinking of moving tib fields more to the base because it takes too long before harv reaches tib field. 

EDIT: Added a Poll question of the tib field thingy☝

Edited by ThommyK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

@YagiHigeI don't want to move buildings to different locations because I think it is  alright how they are now. I was thinking moving the tiberium field just outside the base (Bar / Air side).

I will add something else to the empty locations but don't know what yet. No tech buildings for sure