How to setup server 2016

RevanDenton

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Fffreak9999 said:

If you need help, I can go through the set-up for it with you?

Dear Fffreak9999,

Thank you for your kind help! So far I made a batch (.bat) file that works well, so I can set up the strating map and the numer of bots before strating the server. What do you think of this batch file?

------------------------------

@echo off
path "X:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32"

start UDK.exe server CNC-Lakeside?AdminPassword=999?GDIBotCount=4?NODBotCount=4?GDIDifficulty=5?NODDifficulty=5?maxplayers=8

But I could not find out how to manage the game/server while we are playing.  After typing "adminlogin 999" ino the command line the "addbots 2" command does not add any bots to the game. :-(

If I set the max number of players to 8 and put 4 + 4 bots on the map then the software replaces a joining human player with one of the bots :-), but if a human player changes side/team then none of the bots changes side in order to keep the server balanced. :-( What should I change in the batch file or type into the command line to keep the server/game balanced?

Thanks for your help :-)

Edited by PalFiu1-HU

4 hours ago, PalFiu1-HU said:

Thank you for your kind help! So far I made a batch (.bat) file that works well, so I can set up the strating map and the numer of bots before strating the server. What do you think of this batch file?

@echo off
path "X:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32"

start UDK.exe server CNC-Lakeside?AdminPassword=999?GDIBotCount=4?NODBotCount=4?GDIDifficulty=5?NODDifficulty=5?maxplayers=8

That should work fine.

But I could not find out how to manage the game/server while we are playing.  After typing "adminlogin 999" ino the command line the "addbots 2" command does not add any bots to the game. :-(

You need to prefix the command with Admin or / (for example /addbots 3 nod)

If I set the max number of players to 8 and put 4 + 4 bots on the map then the software replaces a joining human player with one of the bots :-), but if a human player changes side/team then none of the bots changes side in order to keep the server balanced. :-( What should I change in the batch file or type into the command line to keep the server/game balanced?

Thanks for your help :-)

Not my expertise, but you can try asking @yosh56 or @Agent more about this.