Advertisement for the mod.

epicelite

Sereously most mods that looks amazing have like 2 servers and %50 of the time they are empty, so maybe the mod team should consider advertising? Take some donations and actually PAY to put a ad up somewhere? I don't know where, websites that people who play Unreal 3 are.

Also this isn't the only way to advertise, we need everyone who cares about the mod to help. Not now but when the mod has a SET DATE! At that time everyone should go to all of the forums they visit, post about RenX, tell those people who like it to do the same. That way we could get TONS of people aware of the mod and have lots of full servers! :lol:

The trick is to catch people when the mod is out, and they will be like, "OMG I WANT THAT!" *download*.

If you tell them before the mod comes out, then all they say is, "Yeah I was so excited about that last year! Maybe I will download it next week or something..."

The trick is to have it ready when they first hear of it, "impulse downloading" is what I call it.

I mean how many times were you totally waiting for a mod, on the edge of your seat. Then when it finally comes out a year later you had forgotten about it and lost almost all interest.

Sereously though, I hate to see a good mod thrown out because hardly anybody plays it. :(

QUOTE (LeecherbS @ Jul 30 2008, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I play Renegade on 2 servers,Jelly Marathon & Renegade community and my Setjoin is "Watch out for Renegade-X www.renegade-x.com"
I think thats all i can do :) [/b]

Well your telling people too early, they wont care if they already knew about it when it comes out! :angry:

Originally posted by omega79

a friend of mine saw it on a community page and did send the link to me ...

i bumped the thread leecherbs did post at giga.de ... kind of german games television ... sooner or later they will show it on air, im pretty sure

I'm german, too and know giga. Would be awsome if they show something about us!!

QUOTE (Pr0eX @ Jul 31 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm german, too and know giga. Would be awsome if they show something about us!![/b]

they featured reborn when they relleased they infantery beta ...
i am pretty sure they will feature renegadex if they can show some live gaming ...

they also featured unreleased mods when they had 1 or 2 members from the dev team as guests
who brought at least 1 playable level and some gameplay to show to the viewers

it's not that hard to get the attention from giga really.

back in the days when i was active as 3d artist in a mod team for a resident evil total conversion we were invited to one of the giga shows. I should mention that this was just 1 or 2 days after we started our internal alpha test phase. unfortunately our leader failed badly in presenting our mod :D

ahh i'm a german too ^^