Reinforcement phases for destroyed buildings

boxes

Straight to the point: Instead of restricting to only T1 inf/vehicles, I'd prefer some kind of interval where anything is purchasable from a destroyed structure after a global reinforcement time limit has been reached, for triple the price at anything T2 and above. For 1, comebacks, and 2, keep the fun in the game in a way that you don't permanently lose your favorite vehicles or character classes.

For infantry and vehicle structures, once the building is destroyed, you lose all access to the respective structure for 10 minutes. Everybody can see a reinforcement countdown for the structure destroyed, and once the time goes to 0, a 1 minute interval is given for the whole team to purchase whatever they want from that structure (ex Raveshaw for 3000, Med for 2400, Mammy for 4500, Buggy for 600). After that's done, the 10 minute countdown restarts all over again. 

For Ref and PP, the same 10 minute interval and this time Refineries give back the 2 credit tick and PP should restore all prices back to their original values (base defenses stay off), all during a 1 minute interval. 

This is so comebacks can be more common of a thing, and discourages teams goofing around after destroying a building. Since everybody can see the reinforcement timer, the team that destroys a building is forced to keep pressuring, and if the losing team manages to hang on, they can unleash counterattacks that are actually a threat. 

• Like 3

lol. I think that adv. engineers are the most powerful & versatile units in game. They are of great strategic value and even more so if you are not able to buy them anymore.

I like hunting for the last hotwire/tech. I like how you need to deal with the lack of mines when you don't have a hotwire/tech in the team anymore. All this makes the game more interesting. This is why I think adv. engis should remain unique and not purchasable after destruction of hon/bar.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2016 at 1:18 PM, Quincy said:

lol. I think that adv. engineers are the most powerful & versatile units in game. They are of great strategic value and even more so if you are not able to buy them anymore.

I like hunting for the last hotwire/tech. I like how you need to deal with the lack of mines when you don't have a hotwire/tech in the team anymore. All this makes the game more interesting. This is why I think adv. engis should remain unique and not purchasable after destruction of hon/bar.

It is weird though, having one class out of everything offered restricted. Of course prices can be tested around with, but usually when games come down to hunting the last adv.engineer as a priority, it's often a marathon game that has spiraled out of control. 

• Like 1

Perhaps the infantry structure can just reduce the mine limit, but not disarm existing mines? That would actually be a buff for killing it, mind you. Buying advanced repair, is still getting advanced repair, mind you, but with veterancy, that's still not stalemate-encouraging even with full-on afk repair and adequate credits for endless hotwire acquisition.

By the way, the system to do this, has got to be good for it to work. Jeffs would be simple.

I wouldn't mind if it were tied to veterancy, where you could have certain units and it were tied to team limit and veterancy limit:
0) t0=free | t1= >225 | t2= 400-450-500 | t3= 350, 1ks
1) Make infantry cost x2 when infantry structure dies, as well as reduce mine limit to 1/5th original limit.
2) Current t0 and t1 always available.
3) Team limit of 0 t2 and 0 t3 as Recruit.
4) Team limit of 2 t2 and 0 t3 as Veteran
5) Team limit of 4 t2 and 1 t3 as Elite
6) Team limit of 8 t2 and 4 t3 as Heroic.

Vehicles need it too, would solve the current "good as it gets" of apc spam versus apc spam during stalemates:
1) 2x cost on factory death.
2) Recruit = 1 apc/buggy per team.
3) Veteran = 2 per team
4) Elite = 3 per team and 1 med/mrls/light/arty
5) Heroic = 4 per team, 2 med/mrls/light/arty, 1 mammy/stank/flamer.

Let the best player earn the credits to claim their prize, first come first served, when they die a teammate can lay claim to it (respawn timer exist), as they rank up they can get one even when their team already has so many.

If you wanted to simplify it so Yosh doesn't have to make tier-limits as well as vehicle-limits, instead, for both vehicles and infantry:
0) Do make infantry limits.
1) Recruit= 0 vehicle, 1 infantry limited to t2.
2) Veteran= 1 vehicle limited t1, 2 infantry limited to t2.
3) Elite= 2 vehicle limited to t2, 4 infantry limited to t2
4) Heroic= 3 vehicle any kind, 6 infantry any kind

The game-changer for a destroyed Barracks and Hand of Nod is no more adv. repair buff for vehicles on the field, which can turn the tide of a battle significantly, because Techies and Hotties are used sparingly back at the base.

I always suggest the first building for destruction should be the HoN/Bar, because without those structures a base can unfold very quickly.

The initial suggestion of Jeff can actually be done with a mutator.

Really, we need someone who can make mutators or a group of people.

Game updates should really just be for balance changes and bugs, additional ideas such as this are mutator business. 

Edited by Madkill40
  • Like 1