Other Nod Vehicles

CoreDefender

Personally I'd rather see the original Tiberium Dawn SSM launcher, rather than the Renegade one implemented. It looks much cooler and wouldn't be as bulky as the Renegade one.

ssm02.jpg

Also the Nod Recon bike. Considering they've made the TS Nod recon bike, that old argument that it's too hard to get a 'bike like vehicle' in the game, is no longer valid. There's no reason why a new model could be made and use the same vehicle physics as the TS one.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc/images/7/7e/TD_Recon_Bike_DOS_Manual.gif/revision/latest?cb=20150716102056

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to see Nod get its bike back, but I don't really see a purpose for the other vehicles, the SSM launcher is basically artillery with longer range so its pretty useless as they have artillery which is my opinion is superior. Maybe if they were added in some special game mode latter on it could be entertaining.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, vandal33 said:

The cargo truck could be a cheaper version of APC or its substitute if the airstrip is gone.

Nod also has recon bikes in the sixth Renegade mission cutscene.

That's because in 2001 it was planned to let recon bikes appear in the game campaign but later cut out of the game but still in the cutscene

10 hours ago, voltex said:

Maybe if they were added in some special game mode latter on it could be entertaining.

I was thinking they could be used on some custom maps, similar to how GDI has a drivable Hovercraft on Coastal Small. The Hovercraft arrives on the beach and there is an EVA quote "Hovercraft ready", then it will arrive again when the Hovercraft is destroyed.

There are already Nod EVA quotes in the SDK for "SSM Launcher ready"

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Asset creation is a lot of work, and without designated artworkers, and immediate purpose of those vehicles (especially as we have the TS equivalent s for some) I don't think it is worthwhile...

Rather introduce more buildings! :)

But using special vehicles/features in special maps would be cool nonetheless, e.g how about using the AC-130 as some kind of Nod gunship?

• Totem Arts Staff
On 19/09/2016 at 8:48 PM, CoreDefender said:

I was thinking they could be used on some custom maps, similar to how GDI has a drivable Hovercraft on Coastal Small. The Hovercraft arrives on the beach and there is an EVA quote "Hovercraft ready", then it will arrive again when the Hovercraft is destroyed.

Someone still remembers my map ;.;

Gamemode like some variation of Assault in UT would be welcome for me, really.

On 13/11/2016 at 10:39 PM, j0g32 said:

But using special vehicles/features in special maps would be cool nonetheless, e.g how about using the AC-130 as some kind of Nod gunship?

We have that vehicle already (C-130, granted), and seriously, that thing is hard af to pilot. Everyone who played with me in the late sandbox server or played with console command would know

• Like 1