Possible to keep config

TheOlsenTwins

Hey,

As the fast patches are really awesome, but always revert all my game config - isnt it possible to exclude the config files from getting reset every time you update the game?

I dont know how often i have reconfigured all the settings in my game.. (or is there a fix to that, that im not seeing)?

On a sidenote: is it allowed to play with FOV 120, and if not, shouldnt the console command also be restricted to 100 ?

• Like 1

Yes, and Yes. You have to set it to 120 in config (might've upped it to 120 on in-game slider actually lately), and to keep the config, you have to find the config file and set it to "read only" in it's properties. I believe it is in "renegade-x/UDKGame/Config/DefaultSystemSettings.cfg" and "UDKSystemSettings.cfg".

2 methods are possible from our side.

1. We don't include the default DefaultRenegadeX.ini in our updates;
  2. The launcher can make a backup of the DefaultRenegadeX.ini file and place it back after update.

I'll look into which one is the best to use. For now, just make a copy of "Renegade X\UDKGame\Config\DefaultRenegadeX.ini" and place it somewhere safe.

• 1 year later...
On 12.9.2016 at 1:47 PM, Schmitzenbergh said:

2 methods are possible from our side.

1. We don't include the default DefaultRenegadeX.ini in our updates;
  2. The launcher can make a backup of the DefaultRenegadeX.ini file and place it back after update.

I'll look into which one is the best to use. For now, just make a copy of "Renegade X\UDKGame\Config\DefaultRenegadeX.ini" and place it somewhere safe.

Any news on this front?
I really love the frequent updates, but it is still kind of annoying ...