Harvesters....

epicelite

QUOTE (epicelite @ Jul 30 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So we going to be able to drive a harvester to help our team our or not?

Maybe even drive the main harvy because harvs are stupid. :lol:[/b]

driving the main harvester would be stupid, as a n00b might take it and drive it into the enemy base and get it slaughtered and your team stands without money for once... and beside how can you know how stupid the harvesters gonna be, remember this is not the renegade engine, and last I checked the UT3 AI is pretty smart

QUOTE (Combine 108 @ Jul 31 2008, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
harvs are always dumb, even good AIs arent much better than the old AI if its controlling a big slow hulk with no weapons. no offense.[/b]

I wouldn't necessary say so it could very well drive smart, if it example drives behind cover when it go forth and back between the ref and tib field

QUOTE (epicelite @ Jul 31 2008, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about on that one map, where the AGT can shoot the nod harv. Will you fix that xD.

I haven't played reney in so long OMG! :blink:[/b]

you probably mean c&c_mesa .... imo its part of the map ... its a nod map anyways so its not so bad to give nod a bit extra work ... wouldnt change it

QUOTE (omega79 @ Jul 31 2008, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you probably mean c&c_mesa .... imo its part of the map ... its a nod map anyways so its not so bad to give nod a bit extra work ... wouldnt change it[/b]

How come GDI always wins on complex? Well at least %90 of the time on complex GDI wins. Never understood that. <_

would not say 90% but complex is a gdi map thats sure ... it is hard to defende the base ... needs teamplay

on marathon servers it is pretty open ended, but if its about points GDI is in advance cuz many people have SBH and the rest is repairing ...

if you are under preassure by an massive MRLS attack on the strip you probably should let it die to force the MRLS to move more towards your base, might be risky cuz you need teamplay but that worked serval times ....

Yeah the strip like spans the whole map practically, it is so easy to hit with anything from anywhere! :lol:

ON ALL MAPS!

Even on Under you can shoot the strip and the obelisk cannot get you. Can't do that to any GDI buildings.

LOL UNDER MARATHON = FAIL.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Aug 4 2008, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lies.[/b]

If you do it right, you can hit the wf with 2 arty's at the same time without the AGT shooting you. with 4 if only the AGT machine guns hit you and the rocket hits the wall. You can hit the AGT without it shooting back at you, but only with 1 arty. you can shoot with 2 and maybe even 3 arty's without the AGT rocket ever hitting you at the AGT.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Demigan @ Aug 4 2008, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you do it right, you can hit the wf with 2 arty's at the same time without the AGT shooting you. with 4 if only the AGT machine guns hit you and the rocket hits the wall. You can hit the AGT without it shooting back at you, but only with 1 arty. you can shoot with 2 and maybe even 3 arty's without the AGT rocket ever hitting you at the AGT.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

2 Techs 1 arty = hit wf,agt, bar gg

QUOTE (BlkFort @ Aug 24 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats if players on GDI even allow you to do that. :P Cos i won't :lol:[/b]

You can also rush with arty's at the beginning of the game against the pp. NOD has more then ample ways to win. GDI is in advantage with points though. Only if there is an arty camp NOD can get on top with points. Rarely happens. If its happens GDI is screwed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

hurrah, a better AI for the harvester!

it will move for cover, drive around vehicles and will make a little detour for that bad guy who is standing over there!

or maybe just keep them how they are, keep them an moving cover, annoying if it blocks you and able to harvy walk.

Ban4life

btw, if the agt would fire its rocket to a visible part of your vehicle, it wouldnt be a problem. But then again, maybe you should just leave it like that. its true that you can camp less buildings with NOD than with GDI.

though NOD can camp so much better when in formation.

QUOTE (omega79 @ Jul 31 2008, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its a nod map anyways so its not so bad to give nod a bit extra work[/b]

It ain't a NOD map, it depends on alot of stuff, like getting your first harv as GDI, getting crates, etc.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Aug 1 2008, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How come GDI always wins on complex? Well at least %90 of the time on complex GDI wins. Never understood that. <_<[/b]

I disagree. And again, it depends on alot of things. What if i get 400 of when being nod? Flamer in your base gg?
You can't say "that is gdi/nod map". Some teams may have a bit advantage depending on the map, but there are always options to win the game, even without the little advantage.

QUOTE (NEFobbyGEN @ Sep 28 2008, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The AGT and the Obelisk/Turrets is already balanced. What's the problem? The Obelisk does heavy, direct damage over a period of time, while the AGT continuous, lighter damage. Sounds balanced to me.[/b]

not to mention the turrets...

The games base defenses were actually very balanced

I think multiple harvies would be a good thing. On Tiberian Sun you could collect some blue tiberium, roll up to the enemy base and park next to con yard, then have the other team destroy it. The resulting explosion would decimate the building it's next to. I see that as a possible tactic. Assuming of course there was blue tiberium on the map at all Or load up a vehicle with C4 and drive it up to a building. Then have all your other teammates blow it up next to their WF. Assuming this isn't an illegal tactic of course. Just a thought.

QUOTE (SpaceJockey1979 @ Feb 24 2009, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or load up a vehicle with C4 and drive it up to a building. Then have all your other teammates blow it up next to their WF. Assuming this isn't an illegal tactic of course. Just a thought.[/b]

Demo Tanks would be rediculous!!! should add the M.A.D. tanks from Red Alet I Aftermath taht would be even MORE amazing

mad_tank.gif