cant download the game

isupreme

Long time player.   I had to refresh my computer.  Attempting to reinstall

So.... i only get 15361 mb per month of internet.    I dont watch movies so it covers my gameplay.

I would love to play Renegade again... BUT !  

The download keeps quiting at around  4.79g thru.

This has used 1/3 of my monthly allowance  for two months of attempts and still i cannot play.

?any ideas what is going on?  I swear i would pay for a cd in the mail.

Edited by isupreme

• 1 month later...

HI, back trying again and failing.

It should stand as a testament to the game that i keep trying.

Latest.   I tried the new game download hoping it might go dif but it jammed up at 4.8 and did not complete.

I had uninstalled so it was  fresh go.

RE previous suggestions.    I appreciate them, but i dont know what MSI is, and i am not sure how to use torrent   ( yes i know how lame i am).   Would torrent make the game less to download?    Where do i find this  MSI.

If i can find hope i will try again next month if my data allows.

• Totem Arts Staff

The MSI is the automated installer.

You can find that in the downloads page at the top of the forum, if you struggle installing from the MSI, you can always try looking through the latest announcement for the patch and find posts by iTweek, he normally has links to download the full game.

to be specific, the initial download works, but when i launch the game, the  "?updater?"   (the three bars of green)  ... that goes part way and stops.

>Ty fffreak9999

so..I am clicking the game download MSI given at the site.

also, itweek linked to the game file above.   Will that perform differently somehow? maybe bypass my problem?

Thanks all

• Totem Arts Staff

It only goes part of the way? 

I haven't seen that behaviour before, you probably will need someone else to help with that.

iTweeks files are full builds pre-zipped up and can be downloaded and dropped into your directory bypassing the launcher updates.

This may be an option for you, but I would be concerned that your install is automatically failing.

On ‎19‎-‎10‎-‎2016 at 2:24 AM, isupreme said:

to be specific, the initial download works, but when i launch the game, the  "?updater?"   (the three bars of green)  ... that goes part way and stops.

A bit late to the whole problem solving, but which bar completes and which on doesn't? Is it the verification, downloading or applying part?

17 hours ago, isupreme said:

Thanks all,

I think my next attempt i will try the itweeks file download. 

Madkill, i have left it sit up to 20 min of no download activity.

Schmitzenbergh,  It does the first step, verify.  But then jams on the second part...downloading

Try to delete under "C: \ Renegade X \ patch" all files. For folder empty and then try again

• 3 weeks later...

Mark me bummed out.   I tried again and failed. 

I tried to download iTweeks file.    It ran for about 2 hours until about an hour remaining.   Then when i checked it said download failed.

I have now used 4000mb of my 15000 for the month.   I could try once more this month if i can get a lead on what the problem is.

I would really like to join you all in game.    Suggestions welcomed.

Ok...  some measure of success i believe.   Upon the suggestion of  Handepsilon  ( ty)  i got the internet download manager and used it.

I believe i have successfully downloaded the file from itweeks.   But i am stuck on how to get it running on my machine.   

When the dowload completed i waited for the program to assemble it all, then it shows it listed.     I tried extracting it and it looked like it copied it onto my drive.

{edit : yes it is in my drive.  it is in downloads compressed.   compressed w z7}

BUT i do not have a renegade icon yet.       How can i get it ?      

Edited by isupreme

• Totem Arts Staff

Well, if I get this correct, the icon won't show automatically, so you will need a basic knowledge on program folder systems.

Try looking at where you extracted that game, and look for Binaries folder for the game application. The Launcher is in the Launcher folder, pretty self explanatory

C:\Users\x\Downloads\Compressed\Renegade-X#Open-Beta-5.271#\Renegade-X Open-Beta-5.271\Binaries

This is where downloaded, extracted file resides.

I dont see a launcher button.

I have tried : unsetup.exe  but that doesnt get me the game.

?Perhaps i need to extract to a different location?

You can either launch the game directly via the "UDK.exe" in the folder ...\Binaries\Win32 or via the "Renegade X Launcher.exe" in the folder "Launcher".

Just create a shortcut of one of these files to your desktop for an easier access.

Edited by Denuvian

Thanks to all for the support!    Success!    I am now able to play the game.   :)

I think the previous unpack was corrupted somehow.    I unpacked it a second time and the launcher was there.

>passes out cake and ice cream with honey drizzled over it.    

• Like 1