Lag despite low ping and high speed connection

Trilanor

Hey guys,

First of all I want to thank the Ren-X creators for what they've built with Ren-X, it's really impressive and I love some enjoying Ren-X action from time to time!

However, I'm expieriencing some wicked lag issues lately, probably especially since the last major update, the one when veterancy was introduced and stuff: I have low ping around 50, am playing on a EU server and my internet connection is normally flawless but I'm still having bad, recently really terrible lag. It's rather heavy lag spikes than continous lag, where other players run straight for 1 or 2 seconds before spawning somewhere else or I'm moved around several meters, around every 10 to 20 seconds.

Now, do you guys know this issues? Or do you know any porrible solution?

I really miss playing Ren-X, but I can't satisfyingly play a round with this horrible lag.

Ok, lets start with the basic stuff first.

Are you 100% sure the problem is lag as in "Online Lag"? Have you done any modification to your system recently that might as well be a culprit? (Driver updates or downgrades, hardware changes, newly installed software) It is quite odd that with such low pings you're experiencing so much lag. Do you have these lag spikes with other games as well?

This way we can check if it's the game, the server or perhaps your system that's being weird.

No, I haven't done anything like that. Nor do I have any issues with any other game, offline or online :/

I will check and update my drivers tho, I don't think this could be the problem as they should be kinda actual, but I'll try it anyway.

I would love to check if it's the server, but as you probably know, there's mostly only one filled with players. Also, the fact that hardly any other is experiencing the same and that the ping is so low wouldn't suggest it's the server, right?

• Totem Arts Staff

Hi Trilanor,

the best thing to check would be your connection to some of the other EU servers,

Constructive Tyranny and MPF-EU are good ones to test.

See if the issue occurs on both servers, if it does, it is likely to be your side.

If it only occurs on one server, then we can attempt to isolate the cause, but we have many players on CT who experience no issue in the slightest, so I am more inclined to believe the issue is your end.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

On 9.9.2016 at 9:40 PM, nBab said:

It sounds like you're having packet loss. try command prompt -> "ping [serverip] -n 100" and see how much packet loss you have.

I've been playing again, I tried your command, nBab, but nothing happened... I typed it in F5...?

On 9.9.2016 at 8:25 PM, Fffreak9999 said:

Hi Trilanor,

the best thing to check would be your connection to some of the other EU servers,

Constructive Tyranny and MPF-EU are good ones to test.

See if the issue occurs on both servers, if it does, it is likely to be your side.

If it only occurs on one server, then we can attempt to isolate the cause, but we have many players on CT who experience no issue in the slightest, so I am more inclined to believe the issue is your end.

Sadly I haven't been able to play on another server than CT, no players. But tbh I also think it's a problem on my side.

On 9/26/2016 at 5:44 PM, Trilanor said:

Hi guys

I've been playing again, I tried your command, nBab, but nothing happened... I typed it in F5...?

He meant the command prompt in windows, follow this guide below:

1. In windows open 'Task Manager',
  2. At the top of the 'Task Manager' window it should say 'File'
  3. Click on 'File' and select 'Run new task'
  4. A box should appear titled 'Create new task'
  5. Type in 'cmd'
  6. Press 'OK'
  7. You should now have a black window appear titled 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'
  8. The third/last line should read 'C:\WINDOWS\system32>'
  9. With the window selected type in  ping 31.186.251.169 -n 100 
  10. Post your results in here

IF ALL ELSE FAILS: [DO THIS ONLY IF NOBODY HAS ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS]

Additionally, this may make little sense BUT!

" It's rather heavy lag spikes than continous lag, where other players run straight for 1 or 2 seconds before spawning somewhere else or I'm moved around several meters, around every 10 to 20 seconds. "

Weirdly enough I think you may just need to reinstall your graphics drivers by uninstalling the drivers, restarting your PC, then reinstalling your graphics drivers. [Be sure to have the latest graphics drivers downloaded prior to doing this]

Edited by Madkill40

• 3 months later...