SDK usage rules?

FlaminNano

• Totem Arts Staff

I agree with Madkill. Some assets are Westwood designed (EA now goes over the C&C series) and recreated for Renegade X with permission.

I shouldn't do this without Totem Arts permission AND/OR EA permission

Absolutely none of the assets can be used in a for-profit product. I wouldn't recommend using any of the assets since essentially all of the assets belong to the individuals who made the assets. In addition, many assets are subject to EA's intellectual property rights for Command & Conquer, meaning we can't authorize you to use them at all beyond Renegade X. In shorter words, no, you can't use the assets without permission from whoever created that individual asset.

As far as code goes, the situation is similar in that individuals still own most of the code which they contributed to the project. With that said, I don't really care if you use anything that I've personally written. However it's very difficult to figure out who wrote what, and the only parts I would be totally comfortable saying you can feel free to use however you like are the repositories (Jupiter, Jupiter Bot) already ISC licensed on my Github profile. Those aren't part of the base game though; they're external applications.

If you actually look at the code, and you have to look at individual ones, you can see that a lot is signed in the code in snippet notes. If it's unsigned, then I'd assume it's either @RypeL or Agent. If it's signed, then you might have to try to find that person and ask in email or whatnot. Some of the newer things specifically, might be Yosh, you can ask him entirely seperate. Other than code, a lot of that stuff is tied up as being "C&C related".

• 2 months later...

Why not? I mean.. Renegade X is based on UT3 codes. Assets been used too as the base of the project. Everything been just edited + own content added. In the final product u just gotta remove anything thats related to c&c. Or am I missing something? or are you playing some kind of the game like: you can, actually you cannot.. i mean, you shouldnt ;D