+ sign shows up on screen in vehicles.

voltex

It can be seen here

It looks as though its simply showing the direction your barrel/weapon is pointing even though you can determine that simply by looking at where its pointed anyways, don't need a + sign to tell you that too especially when we already have a cross hair for aiming. Also its only visible up close and can't be seen when aiming far away (at least I can't) so I just find it useless and slightly annoying.

Maybe it can be toggled on or off if someone likes it.

One helpful instance would be when a vehicle is stuck/moving upwards/downwards on rocks or some other obstacle, since in this case the turret might be unable to follow the camera completely. The cross would tell you where the turret would point if you were to fire in such awkward position.

Aside from this, I think it is quite redundant as well. At least you can change its color in the options iirc.

It was requested by some and like in the old ren it shows you exactly what location the barrel will fire at during times when your crosshair is not showing you an accurate hit location. For example it can be usefull when fighting inf close to your tank or when driving through uneven terrain. Those are times when your crosshair can deviate from your actual hitting location cause the barrel is lagging behind or can't make those angles.

Old ren had a small dot for this. We would like to have a dot aswell, the + is just a placeholder.