You need an advartisement for this game.

galaksia

I doubt earning money would be a wise choice, seeing as this game hangs under the Damocle's Sword called "EA IP protection".

AAA games like BF or COD have budgets that go into the hundreds of millions of dollars; their advertising budgets alone can reach tens of millions of dollars.

I agree with the general idea of your post, though.

Promote the game, but start with the people around you!

Million dollar budget games do not interest me cause I have a 'history' with Renegade and that's something money can't buy. Still I find it hard to 'lure' people to Renegade-X from Renegade (or CnC in general) cause they have moved on with their life and (online) gaming isn't a part of that anymore.

Maybe it's a thing of 'my generation' (and I have a background of marketing / journalism) either, but if somethings is 'hyped' around the internet I mostly do not find it interesting. I'dd like to run into things myself and share it with people, but my main reason is always cause I like it and not cause I like it because others like it, cause commercials told I should like it.

In this case you should be a better advisor for your friends than promotional campaigns.

I agree the game deserves more people BTW!

The game is still in beta. There's still lots of stuff that can be added and stuff that needs tweaking here and there, but we're getting closer to the final stages of development. It's reasonable to assume one last advertising push in Release version 1.0, that we should all take part of. As for now, feel free to spread the word to friends who you think would enjoy this type of video game.