Validating is stuck

OTT

Hello,

when 5.21 was out,I updated the launcher then I downloaded the full build from the link provided by iTweek (many thanks to him),and when I started the launcher ,I started updating to 5.23, only for the validating process to be stuck on 42.74 each time I start the launcher start updating

gUd0trb.png

also many thanks for the dev team for their huge work,I hope I will be able to try the new update,any help on this issue would be appreciated.

• Totem Arts Staff
Hello,

when 5.21 was out,I updated the launcher then I downloaded the full build from the link provided by iTweek (many thanks to him),and when I started the launcher ,I started updating to 5.23, only for the validating process to be stuck on 42.74 each time I start the launcher start updating

EWBzp

also many thanks for the dev team for their huge work,I hope I will be able to try the new update,any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Try manual patch. You just copy and paste the files and that should do it

Hello,

EWBzp

Try manual patch. You just copy and paste the files and that should do it

Thanks ,

but can I download the 5.22 or 5.23 patches alone ,and just copy paste them,or do I have to download a full build again(this time for 5.23),as in the links provided by iTweek ( http://file-server.download/Renegade-X/ )

there is only full builds (torrent or rar/7zip).I'm asking about this because it would take too long to download a full build again with my internet.

Helps a bit to know what you're updating from. EDIT: By which I mean, you had 5.21, you have a copy of the full 5.23, if you rollback 5.21, get your launcher to update, and if you do not have 5.21, then what DO you have?

I'm not even sure if it needs to validate, can't you cancel and get it to go through? Is it possible you just need to reinstall the launcher instead of the game? I just think I can make an independent patch, but it wouldn't help launcher seizing. That's launcher-config or permissions issue. (is it running as admin?)

Helps a bit to know what you're updating from. EDIT: By which I mean, you had 5.21, you have a copy of the full 5.23, if you rollback 5.21, get your launcher to update, and if you do not have 5.21, then what DO you have?

I'm not even sure if it needs to validate, can't you cancel and get it to go through? Is it possible you just need to reinstall the launcher instead of the game? I just think I can make an independent patch, but it wouldn't help launcher seizing. That's launcher-config or permissions issue. (is it running as admin?)

I was on 5.16 ,I updated the launcher to 0.63,but when I found that the 5.21 update was like 3 GB with a limited download speed on the launcher I stopped it,then downloaded 5.21 full build ,installed it without uninstalling 5.16 ,and in the same directory ,so it overwritten 5.16,after that I started the launcher (always as admin) and that in the picture happened.

This happened before with me,and by downloading the patch separately it worked,if it doesn't work this time,I'll have to download a full build again with the hopes that there won't be another update by the time I finish downloading lol.

I think the problem was that you have overwritten 5.16. If you would have deleted the whole RenX folder before installing the new version,it should have worked flawless..

This is true, for future reference. Can you launch the game without validating via udk.exe? Can you see servers in the in-game server list? Can you connect to one, via clicking or via console "open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx"?

What I was suggesting before, was:

1) Just use your full 5.23 download (hopefully you have it in recycling in or wherever), extracted in a brand new directory, and then copy (not move yet) the launcher into it, and try that.

2) if that doesn't work, you could right click your ren-x folder, make a backup copy folder first, then on the original rightclick and click "properties", then go to version, and see if your computer saved a previous version from a time you had 5.16. Rollback, and then do step 1 again, where you extract a new directory and then move launcher from 5.16 into it.

Either way, it's important to use new directories so you don't lose potential copies of older versions on your computer, that is, if you want to avoid downloading a full version to fix this. Even if it means making a copy of it now, a copy that is "fresh 5.23 not overlapping a 5.16", and a copy that is "fresh 5.16 with no modifications". Having 3 separate copies, gives you options.

I think the problem was that you have overwritten 5.16. If you would have deleted the whole RenX folder before installing the new version,it should have worked flawless..

This is true, for future reference. Can you launch the game without validating via udk.exe? Can you see servers in the in-game server list? Can you connect to one, via clicking or via console "open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx"?

What I was suggesting before, was:

1) Just use your full 5.23 download (hopefully you have it in recycling in or wherever), extracted in a brand new directory, and then copy (not move yet) the launcher into it, and try that.

2) if that doesn't work, you could right click your ren-x folder, make a backup copy folder first, then on the original rightclick and click "properties", then go to version, and see if your computer saved a previous version from a time you had 5.16. Rollback, and then do step 1 again, where you extract a new directory and then move launcher from 5.16 into it.

Either way, it's important to use new directories so you don't lose potential copies of older versions on your computer, that is, if you want to avoid downloading a full version to fix this. Even if it means making a copy of it now, a copy that is "fresh 5.23 not overlapping a 5.16", and a copy that is "fresh 5.16 with no modifications". Having 3 separate copies, gives you options.

Thanks very much for the help and tips,will try that in the future.