5.23 Bug/Glitch Reporting

Glacious

0d3FHyJ.png

If you happen to come across any bugs or glitches in the 5.23 patch please report them here and will be added to the below list and to our own internal bug list to be fixed then updated on this thread. Posts will then be removed below to keep this clean and current, Thanks for helping. :cool:

If you can please add a video/picture of the bug in question, as we save these to help resolve the issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[FIX PENDING] Map Descriptions

Some of the map descriptions need updating due to having new tech structures added, such as Field and Whiteout for example.

[FIX PENDING] Vehicle Sprint

Sprinting and then leaving the vehicle causes the vehicle to remain in sprint mode once re-entered

[FIX PENDING] Enemy Harvester

Even when holding the Communications Centre, the enemy harvester needs to be Q-spotted to make it appear on the overview map.

[FIX PENDING] Vehicle not showing on overview map

Artillery didn't show up on the mini-map

More details: Wasn't bound to me, took it from a bot, used it for about 2 minutes and returned to base to repair it, couldn't check if it showed on the large map because another bot took it.

[FIX PENDING] Can't type at end game

Can't always type M at the end of a game, because the map shows up.

[FIX PENDING] Stealth Tank: Staying Invisible when empty

When bots and players in Stealth Tanks are vote kicked or have switched teams, stealth tank will then be empty and remain stealthed (Skirmish & Multiplayer), reset upon death.

[FIX PENDING] Loading Screen Tips

Loading screen states Control + D to donate, but does not work.

[FIX PENDING] Team Balance

At the start of a games, when the countdown gets around 1 (sometimes goes into negative numbers) a large amount of players are switched to each team. In a lot of cases their are usually several more players on one team than the other.

[FIX PENDING] Remote C4

Upon death remote C4's remain in place.

[FIX PENDING] Veterancy points upon re-joining

Look into the state of veterancy points accumulated when re-joining a server.

[FIX PENDING] Vehicle Damage

Minor visual bug: If your tank is damaged (and looks damaged), and you let it auto heal all the way back to 100% when you are Heroic, it keeps looking damaged. Only if damage gets healed by a repair gun will it look healed again. I was outside of the (stealth) tank. maybe that makes a difference.

[FIX PENDING] Veterancy Points

Look into the state of veterancy points accumulated when re-joining a server.

[FIX PENDING] Ammo

Mendoza doesn't get extra ammo when ranked up (may also affect other classes)

Ammo boxes don't work for certain characters (Mendoza, Mobius etc)

[FIX PENDING] Vehicle Firing UI/Animation

Vehicle no-fire bug still (kinda) exists

Recon bike for example showed 0 rockets with a depleted ammo bar, but still worked without any kind of sound whatsoever.

[FIX PENDING] Snow: Minelimit

Minelimit on Snow used to be 12, it is 24 now which is obviously too high.

[FIX PENDING] Fort: Airdrop

Played as GDI and bought a Hover MRLS a few seconds before a nuke blew up WF, however the airdrop delivered me a Chinook on a non-flying map.

[FIX PENDING] Veterancy Points

Headshot kills don't seem to be working towards VP total.

[FIX PENDING] Rocket Soldier

Rocket Soldier Rockets sometimes don't deal damage on headshots and or to vehicles.

[FIX PENDING] Arctic Stronghold: Crashing

Random crashes during map change.

[FIX PENDING] Fort: UI Icons

No 'fort', 'tech' and 'medical' icon.

[FIX PENDING] Flametank/Medium Tank

Can shoot through various building walls in order to hurt players and the MCT inside.

[FIX PENDING] Purchase Terminal

The refill option should not be labelled as a "Menu" as per the bottom of the refill tab, but instead be unmarked or be labelled as a "Free" option.

[FIX PENDING] Flags

After the map has loaded, when first looking at a flag in game (usually silo) they go crazy and jump about for a few seconds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

5.24, ammo boxes can give you 2 clips of ammo (12 ammo for Gunner), and you will reload once (6/6), and when you fire 6 it jams at 0/6 and is unreloadable.

I assume it has to do with picking up ammo while totally empty or while magazine is unreloaded and off-hand before you pick it up. Try combinations to figure out reproduction, I'll comment back if I figure out more.

Lakeside:

When walking from GDI to Nod via high inf path you can get 'out off battlefield' and even when you return it says you are not...

Heard ppl about having to play a double price for vehicles also, don't know why and in which situation, but multiple ppl had this issue.Can anyone share details?

So the out of battlefield doesn't go away? If so then that's been around for a while and seems to be common on Lakeside and Walls, to stop it just go out of bounds again and come back but can sometimes be hard to do if you don't notice it in time.

No it doesn't, but I couldn't find the exact spot where it happened.

It's still possible to "stick" proxy mines to allies. (that ally just needs to run into the mine "dropping" while placing them)

It's kinda annoying that only explosions can kill swimming players. (thats often abused on maps like Islands or Goldrush)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if someone else has noticed this, but in recent Fort matches it happened that the WF gets nuked on it's roof while the mines on the stairs are all intact.

So today I saw a parachute next to the WF stairs for 1 second or so. I didn't think much of it, maybe some teammate jumped off the WF roof, so I went on.

One minute later a nuke gets planted on WF and guess what, an SBH was sitting on the roof and guarded his nuke. Again, the stairs mines were all intact.

The obvious conclusion is : You can glitch on the hill right next to the WF, jump, and land on the stairs with the mines behind you, nuke the roof and nobody thinks it's up there because the stairs are still mined.

This is kind of a major glitch because Fort matches can end pretty quickly once one team loses it's WF/Airstrip.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheOlsenTwins said:

In the start up phase of the server or after a team change, the Spawn selection menu is sometimes shown for the wrong team. (It still works, if you select Flamethrower, you get grenadier and vice versa)

Not a large problem, but might be looked upon, if it is an easy fix....

I've fixed this bug. it should be fixed in one of the upcoming patches. it was an easy fix as you said :P (i should fix my fixation on fixing stuff...)

Oh nice - possibly another easy to fix bug:

If i try to join a server and it fails for whatever reason i get a dialog with an error message. But this error messages never gets reset. So if i join and play on a server after that and exit to main menu the dialog will pop up again with the previous error message. (although i left the game normally)

So this variable needs to be reset somewhere :-)

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, TheOlsenTwins said:

Oh nice - possibly another easy to fix bug:

If i try to join a server and it fails for whatever reason i get a dialog with an error message. But this error messages never gets reset. So if i join and play on a server after that and exit to main menu the dialog will pop up again with the previous error message. (although i left the game normally)

So this variable needs to be reset somewhere :-)

That bug has been there for such a long time :/ I thunk at the begin of Beta 5 it was there, maybe even before.

Any plans to fix this bug cause It's making me crazy :P

On 9/14/2016 at 11:57 AM, TheOlsenTwins said:

Nice! - In case it has been forgotten: this is also still happening: https://renegade-x.com/forums/topic/73904-1610-bug-before-match-start/

that should be fixed in the next update.

On 9/15/2016 at 1:29 PM, Snappy said:

I've noticed that the icon for COMMS Center and Silo don't seem to change to their retrospective places when taken by either NOD/GDI or Neutral. It just seems to be stuck.

Yes tech icons have been broken since the last patch. i've fixed them the day after but we've not had a patch yet so ...

they will be fixed in the next patch whenever it hits :P

Edit:

On 9/10/2016 at 9:41 PM, nBab said:

I will take a look at it. but since i've not written that code, it may take me a while to figure it out and fix it xD

I've applied a fix but since it's hard to reproduce, i'm not 100% sure it's fixed. if the error messages still show up after the next patch, please let me know.

• Like 1

• Agent unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

2 small bugs:

When entering a game where a silo has already been captured, the silo icons are not displayed at the owning faction (or are not refreshed correctly)

When you progressed at least 1 rank, a freshly produced apache does not have the right amount of ammunition, only after reloading once. (possibly also applies to orca and mrls)