5.2 Feedback

Glacious

RenX Homepage has weird stretch Titles Fonts for the Release 5.22 infos (non proportional aspect ratio)

ok had to scroll in google, trie it here now 5,7 Gig the same file.

http://file-server.download/Renegade-X/MULTIPLAYER/VERSION-5.21/FULL-BUILD/

lg http://file-server.download/Renegade-X/ ... SION-5.23/

http://file-server.download/Renegade-X/ ... .23%23.rar

The Ultimate thing to do imho is uninstall Renx and delele all the remaining renx files .

Than install a fresh Renx on you C:

http://www.renegade-x.com/downloads/Ren ... taller.msi

Be prepare for a 6G download tho

ok, now it worked with download 5.24, but now crashes the UDK.exe xD

Beschreibung:

Aufgrund eines Problems kann dieses Programm nicht mehr mit Windows kommunizieren.

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: AppHangB1

Anwendungsname: UDK.exe

Anwendungsversion: 1.0.12791.0

Anwendungszeitstempel: 54cad179

Absturzsignatur: 3dc5

Absturztyp: 2048

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 1: 3dc5234d3f64471941bf0b7df0b4b818

Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 2: cd20

Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 3: cd2007bd83993de9af7dff2b7769bbb9

Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 4: 3dc5

Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 5: 3dc5234d3f64471941bf0b7df0b4b818

Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 6: cd20

Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 7: cd2007bd83993de9af7dff2b7769bbb9

damn xD

• 3 weeks later...

Something has been bothering me for a while in terms of balancing. If you go crate hunting at the beginning of agame, Nod has the advantage because their Flame Troopers are the fastest of the free units. On maps like Walls, GDI rarely get the money crates early on, lessening their chances of doing an early APC rush, for example.

Considering that Nod is already very strong in the early game stages due to flamers/chems anyway, shouldn't GDI also get a free unit with 105 speed? Grenadier maybe?

I agree with EKT-Kaiser. The fact that Flame Troopers have extra movement speed makes it my go-to free unit for Nod (and I like flamethrowers anyway).

I would give the GDI Grenadier that same 105 move speed to balance it out somewhat. Besides, Grenadiers moved faster than normal infantry in the original C&C game, right?

• Like 1

Grenadiers have the same amount of HP as hotwires, meaning they can tank a fully mined door, lets say perhaps during an APC rush for engineers. Their weapon also has longer range and deals a lot more structure damage than flamethrowers on the outside and on the mct. 

You can still beat nod to crates, it more on fast you react when you spawn, where you spawn, and the map. Example, walls, Nod usually wins the crate on the side because of the hon windows and the backdoor while barracks only opens up on the front. The airstrip door is also closer to the center crate than both bar and WF. Even McFarlands get beat to the crates on this map.

17 minutes ago, Snappy said:

I've noticed when you enter a vehicle injured, and get back out, your armor and health (visually) resets as 100, 100, yet the colours of the bars still indicate whatever your original health and armour was pre-entering the vehicle.

That's been there since beta 1 I believe, switching weapons fixes it

Might be a good idea to have the custom skins as a togglable option in the games settings. [For the players who can't appreciate good skins or just want the 'original' skins only]

Personally, I love the new skins as they look well made and appear quite close to the concept art of the original C&C games. If the free infantry could get the same treatment that'd be swell! 

So I've been gone for maybe a month or two and I was wondering, whose idea was it to camouflage everything? I get you guys want to make the game "realistic" but, the point of Renegade is it's not realistic. The fact that none of the vehicles even retain their signature colors is kind of off-putting.

The reason they weren't camouflaged in the original game was to emulate the art style of the original Tiberian Dawn. Brotherhood of Nod vehicles especially shouldn't be camouflaged. Their signature motif was their clashing black and red color palettes. I understand vehicles like the Stealth tank having camouflage paintjobs but, that's about it (with the only other exceptions being the Humvee and the Hover MLRS).

The game honestly looked better in the previous update when the vehicles looked like they were being affected by their surrounding environment; tanks covered in snow and bits of ice on the snow levels.

Instead of splashing all of the vehicles with paint buckets, why not continue building off of the weather battered designs? Those actually looked cool. From the last time I played, the only existing weather worn vehicles in the game were the snow variants. When I finally returned to the game, I was actually excited to see what the devs did for the forest and desert variations of the vehicles.

What I expected:

Forest:

GDI: the iconic gold/tan look with muddy brown and green treads or tires. The only vehicles with camo being the Mammoth and the Humvee.

NOD: red/black with muddy treads and tires. The only vehicles with camo being the Stealth Tank and the APC

Desert:

GDI: It was fine how it.

NOD: Again, the red/black but, with a slightly eroded look from kicked up sand and dust and a bit of tan smudging from sand clinging to the vehicles' plating.

Snow:

Everything was already given a snow redesign with frost and snow covered treading and tired. They didn't need the Dalmatian treatment.

Urban:

For the love of god, don't touch anything.

When I first saw the camouflage designs, I honestly thought it was joke. I kept telling myself, "Maybe they only gave camouflage to GDI vehicles since they're pretty much the equivalent to GI Joe." And then I saw a Buggy and a Flame Tank smeared with brown and green. I actually cringed and died a bit inside. I thought someone jokingly smeared all the vehicles with feces and mud and said "this looks fine".

Also, why camouflage aircraft? Green and brown does not conceal aircraft in the sky. Plus, it took this long to get NOD their delivery vehicle to not be a GDI Chinook, why smear it with green and brown now?

I can't be the only one that thinks this, right?

I'm not trying to give an attitude with this feedback either. It genuinely looks bad from both a gameplay and visual aspect.

Aside from that, the only complaints I have gameplay-wise would be the Infantry assault rifle seems like it was weakened to the point that the pistol probably does a better job and the grenadier's grenades have an even smaller blast radius and don't actually cause damage unless they directly hit someone or something.

Edited by RadicalEdward2

The camouflages are all opinion based on whether one likes it or not and have no impact on the gameplay whatsoever, but would be neat to toggle camo on or off. Honestly staying devoted to C&C lore at this point isn't going to influence much. Personally I like the camos a lot more than the boring old aesthetic and was a nice touch to encourage vehicle use. 

Autorifles are pretty strong now that they have projectile speed increases, borderline OP if aimed at the head against flak armor, ex. me as a veteran soldier taking out 2 recruit LCGs head on

Grenadiers are pretty nice at taking out kevlar based infantry, particularly 500 snipers by sprint+shooting. They also have nearly the same ttk against structures as chems. Their splash isn't big because it encourages aiming. Grenade headshots in particular are deadly. 

• Like 1

Yeah taking a look back in-game, the desert camo for GDI looks nice cause it actually looks faithful to the FMVs. The forest one on NOD definitely is a big NO though. The snow one actually looks okay too. I might have only seen it on a handful of damaged vehicles which is why I thought it looked bad. But, Forest is definitely a bad look for NOD.

On the topic of Grenades, I still think the NOD Artillery should have a crosshair with range tick marks like the Grenadiers (since the Artillery's projectiles are entirely trajectory-based.

• Totem Arts Staff
5 hours ago, RadicalEdward2 said:

....be the Infantry assault rifle seems like it was weakened to the point that the pistol probably does a better job....

... The autorifle has literally only been buffed like twice since beta 1... It's never been nerfed. Camos... really can't argue opinion. I didn't make them. 

....not and have no impact on the gameplay whatsoever, but would be neat to toggle camo on or off. ...

Actually, the GDI APC blends pretty damn well on Field in the darkness... Saw one ride the wall all the way into Nod's base before the Obi pointed it out for everyone =p  

And no... having people seeing drastically different things on their client is an imbalance in the making. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2016 at 4:30 AM, yosh56 said:

... The autorifle has literally only been buffed like twice since beta 1... It's never been nerfed. Camos... really can't argue opinion. I didn't make them. 

Actually, the GDI APC blends pretty damn well on Field in the darkness... Saw one ride the wall all the way into Nod's base before the Obi pointed it out for everyone =p  

And no... having people seeing drastically different things on their client is an imbalance in the making. 

Yeah I think I'm just getting paranoid with new updates (I've been dealing with Heroes and Generals bad updates syndrome) so I'm probably just getting nervous when I see new changes. You guys still know what you're doing.

The AR is probably just wonky for me cause I'm a horrible shot but, the secondary fire for the Grenade Launcher definitely seems like it does less damage than the primary fire.

With that said, the camo has grown on me but, I think NOD should retain their standard colors on temperate maps like Lakeside, Goldrush, Mesa, Island, that one new map with the bunker in the middle, Mountain, and potentially City (if that's still a WIP). GDI camo makes sense though since they're essentially the cliche army men faction.

Edited by RadicalEdward2

8 hours ago, RadicalEdward2 said:

the secondary fire for the Grenade Launcher definitely seems like it does less damage than the primary fire.

The Alt fire for the Grenade Launcher technically does the same damage than Primary Fire , I can confirm since I looked into the code.

However, for reasons unknown, it is almost impossible to get a full hit from it, even on something big as a Mammoth Tank, dealing "only" 24 points of damage to the mammy compared to 25 points of damage from Primary Fire.  Albeit other times I scored only 15 to 20 points of damage by firing it point blank on the mammy; could be possibly something in the Rx_Projectile_GrenadeLauncherAlt data that somehow alters the splash damage....or the base damage.

Therefore, in practice the Launcher does indeed lower damage in exchange for the bouncing grenades, but the damage reduction is quite negligible. And for headshots with the Launcher it is recommended to use Primary Fire instead.

• Like 1

My main concern with the secondary fire is because sometimes its safer to ricochet grenades than expose your entire body to enemy fire (especially when you're trying to flush out NOD trying to attack a GDI MCT).

On my other note, it would make sense to have the Grenade Launcher crosshair for the Artillery right? I'm surprised it's gone this long without being changed. The only reason it has the standard crosshair is because in the original Renegade, the Artillery didn't have arcing shots and instead just shot straight at whatever was being aimed at. In RenegadeX, the artillery actually loses altitude the further the volley travels; making the standard cross-shaped crosshair pointless.

• Agent unpinned this topic