Another proposal for the mining system

Hi,

As i believe that the mining system is one of the main problems, that makes noobs leave the game and experienced players ragequit many matches, i ll try to propose a new system based on the current system and previous proposals.

There are lots of places (doors of the buildings) where everyone can agree, that mines would be useful there. So, why not make designated mining areas there, which makes mines (automatically) appear when Adv. Repair Gun is pointed at it. The mines that are generated there should not be affected by overmining, but the team is still allowed some extra mines. (in Total not more mines than now)

This approach would leave some freedom, but overmining is not that big a problem anymore, and also when only one building is left, not all 30 mines can be placed there. (less campy)

I don't know how often i ragequitted a game when we lost a building due to c4 on mct with 30/30 mines - i really believe that this is the only (larger) problem of the game now, besides ddos attacks.

What do you think?

I still stick to my previous remarks that removing Proximity C4 from characters and instead implementing them as a disposable and purchasable item would be much better, and would ultimately resolve mining issues (as well as make mines much more useful).

Well the problem with purchasable mines is, that you get punished (=you have to pay money) to help the team, also in games with not many people everyone would need to purchase mines. (which is not really likely to happen)

As it is already hard in many games to find people willing to defend and watch the mines, i think that this would not help the current problems...

Yeah I agree that it won't work if you have to pay for mines, unless they are super cheap.

Reasons:

- when you lost a building like ref (cause ppl don't care about mines) it will be harder to buy mines

- the people who don't care about the team (and thus mines) are likely not going to donate for them

Having proxy mines as a purchasable sidearm would be cool.

I think all doors should have some kind of laser defence grid over them that only allows access to the relevant team, they can be disabled with EMP nades so sneaking is still an option, and also add the fact that all laser defence grids will go down when the PP is destroyed so adds an even heavier penalty to loosing the power plant.

Laser isn't replacement, cause EMP cause a lot of noise and draws attention.

If you could disable the laserfence like you could with mines it would be better. Getting the laser off when PP goes down also doesn't sound like a good plan, cause then every building (HON / STRIP for example is extremely vulnerable..

Mineban should just be for a longer time cause ppl deliberately screw up.

well, if the important mines dont get removed by overmining, we wont even need the mineban most of the time, wouldnt that be great?

If we ever want to get more players, we need either the current system better explained (which is difficult, and can still be circumvented by trolling) or implement a easier, safer and less trollable way to defend buildings...

If this is done by lasers, mines, or dinosaurs is IMHO not really a problem...

Laser tripwires with a fuse box outside the door that can be disarmed, also vulnerable to EMP grenades. The lasers could either deal set damage for running through them and/or activate ceiling auto defence turrets and an alarm.

I like this, and I would prefer a set damage for running through the armed lasers instead of a ceiling turret.

But to keep the value of hotwires/technicians, give them a tool to repair/reset the laser defense, exclusive to those 2 classes, so only they can reset it, just like it is now with mines?

That way we keep their value, the advanced engineers are one of the most important units mostly because only they have access to mines.

Not sure how the HoN on flying maps would work with all of it's windows, a fuse box for each window?

The Airtower could have one at the front door, and one inside the tower, by the elevator hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, as i have just played about 10 games, where almost each one was rushed and over in less than 10 minutes another advantage of this proposal would be that the buildings could come premined(or prelasered ;-) ) and deter game endings in less than 5 minutes...

(it would also help games with less players, where only one defender has to mine all the buildings at start, which is kind of a tedious task)