Trying to run the game

voiceoftex

Trying to download/run the game.

So uh, I had this game up and running a few months ago. Have time to play again, boot er up, and get some error that prevented me from joining games (I forgot which one). Read somewhere on the forums to do a full wipe of the game, then reinstall. I think I did a full wipe (not sure, windows 8 confuses me) and re downloaded the game from the website, but could not open/run the file because it had no where to extract to. I'm not the best with computers and these sorts of things, but I'm not the worse either and I don't know whats wrong. Any help would be amazing. Thanks guys.

Could not run cause it had nowhere to extract to?

I don't get this, as long as you have disk space you should be able to extract and install. Move to files to your C:\ drive instead of a special folder to see what happens?

Also oddly enough, I can load single player matches, but after I left the game I got the same error message popping up in the menu. Also loading multiplayer from the ingame menu or the windowed lobby yields the same error message.

You check the troubleshooting thread?

The wipe thing, you already did. The windows 10 permissions, have you already done that? Lastly, another problem people have had lately, is at the very bottom of the troubleshooting thread, pertaining to "version of .net and directx", so check it out and try to grab a version from those links and methods.

Lastly, try to download a new version, through torrent. Your ISP might just be breaking download packets ending up with damaged files. The game is a free product, and torrents act as a download manager to check every file for consistency.

Yes, it updated though the launcher. I also downloaded the client from a different source as requested and still no dice.

at this point, im wondering if t here was a way I somehow missed something in the full uninstall or if I am just SOL. Anyone have tips for uninstalling everything related to the game, the kitchen sink and the horse it rode in on?

Here's a beta installer/launcher that we're currently working on. The map preview videos on the launcher will not work with this installer until we push the upcoming update. After you install and run the launcher, it will prompt you to download and install the entire game client based on what's on the patch servers. This differs from the current downloads as it should better verify the integrity of the downloaded files. To be extra safe, you can make sure there is no folder named "Renegade X" in your Program Files (or wherever you installed it before) before you run the installer; if there is delete it.

http://www.renegade-x.com/downloads/Ren ... taller.msi

If the issue is fixed, please let us know what mirror you previously downloaded the game from so we may check to make sure it's valid.

If there's still an issue, first try running the game as an administrator. If that still doesn't work, please ensure that you have enough free space on your drive to install the game (say 10GB?). If that STILL doesn't work, please post your computer's specs and maybe a log file from UDKGame\Logs in your Renegade X installation.

Hope this helps!