Patch 5.2 exceptionally preliminary notes

yosh56

It's pretty easy to see were the flame tanks are when they are shooting through the walls considering their nozzles are sticking through the wall and there is a stream of flame coming from the spot, and if they are far enough away to not be hurt by c4 then they can't shoot through the wall. I would also like this fixed even though I don't see many people doing this and I try not to do it myself because its pretty cheesy.

It only works on the barracks, which even with this bug is still by far the most annoying and difficult building to destroy. I personally don't care all that much fixed or not, you could argue for both ways, one being its simply an exploit to gain an unfair advantage, and the other being the barracks itself is already stupidly hard to blow up with how the mct is positioned and its single entryway; and fixing this would make matters even worse

It only works on the barracks, which even with this bug is still by far the most annoying and difficult building to destroy. I personally don't care all that much fixed or not, you could argue for both ways, one being its simply an exploit to gain an unfair advantage, and the other being the barracks itself is already stupidly hard to blow up with how the mct is positioned and its single entryway; and fixing this would make matters even worse

Maybe we could have each building have seperate health values? Like the refinery and strip/WF can have more health than the PP and HON/Bar

I always thought we should put more interest into infantry only maps. Even if it's new game mechanic where first building kill equals victory. I thought that would work in 5.16, considering 1 building is always easy to kill but the other one is always easy to camp when there are maps with only 2 buildings.

However, I especially think it can work in 5.2. Not priority, but up to players, to choose Valley, actually TRY that mofo, and play it with new game mechanics. In the update after, with enough interest, we CAN have infantry-only maps into rotation and have that much more diversity in gameplay.

(I also think Valley should turn it's credit income down a teeny tiny bit)

I've suggested before that Valley - AND ANY OTHER INFANTRY ONLY MAP - should contain at most 1 building.

That said, we could just bump up the veterancy reward so everybody becomes heroic when their team destroys any building. That would help push the match to a close.

Yes that would actually work, cause as soon as you destroy the HON (which is more likely to fall than the PP) on Valley the enemy can't do much.

So Bar vs HON is a better scenario. Once one is down it will be over anyways!

The problem with than with Valley, is that 1 structure, with 8 people afk repairing it, and just 5 people in a defensive stance with chainguns, can demolish any 15 man infantry attack. There needs to be at least 2 structures to divide repair onto (wouldn't be against tweaking repair guns, but best not to do it when adding so many new changes).

Thus, the need for more than 1 objective target, such as 2 structures, but only requiring 1 target destroyed to win (doable by kismet last I checked)

However, that is backseat to testing Valley as-is with Veterancy, maybe 15 attacking veteran units can defeat 5 veteran units and the repair of 8 lesser/non veteran repairmen.

That's why I hope that repair will also be auto stopped when a building is 100% for more than x-seconds. This, and the ability to block people from auto joining a team when afk, would hugely benefit the game.

Making AFK people have to press something to join to a team, is possible, but is a little bit of work for a fairly easy to circumvent thing (people rejoin instantly when vote-kicked for idle, just to go idle again anyway).

AFK repair, is sort of tied to the above. Just need more than 1 structure tied to it.

Making AFK people have to press something to join to a team, is possible, but is a little bit of work for a fairly easy to circumvent thing (people rejoin instantly when vote-kicked for idle, just to go idle again anyway).

Agree, but in the case where ppl are really afk it would help a lot, cause they do not autojoin on rushy maps so one team has 4 players less and the game is insta lost in the first minute. Seen this happen on Snow and Volcano often.

That's why I hope that repair will also be auto stopped when a building is 100% for more than x-seconds. This, and the ability to block people from auto joining a team when afk, would hugely benefit the game.

The adv rep gun and the normal rep gun could have a recharge thing like the purchasable rep gun, but their "ammo" could go up to 1000 and instantly recharge.

• Totem Arts Staff

Yosh read this:

Tomb V1.31's lights weren't build for some reason

I'll make a V1.4 because I still want to add some more stuff to the map. Expect a V1.4 tomorrow

The adv rep gun and the normal rep gun could have a recharge thing like the purchasable rep gun, but their "ammo" could go up to 1000 and instantly recharge.

I was thinking something a little different. Regular repair guns are constant, Advanced Repairguns heal fast for 800 points of health, then only heal at regular repairgun speed, until let cooldown. That way, building response damage can be reacted, but not maintained damage. Also true with tanks under constant damage, won't have the super-fast heal the whole time. Also helps migitate "afk-repairing" a building.

Most of the repair gun debate should be pretty well settled by Veterancy. Most things are built to out damage the advanced repair gun by Elite, and moreso at Heroic.

I had said that at least once somewhere I think with repair guns in here. At any rate, yes, I would fuck with very little balance until veterancy. Veterancy throws current balance on it's head, and I do believe in large games it can end the maps in Marathon naturally around 40 and end maps in AOW most oftenly before score needs to settle it.

Good news, is if it DOES, we need to condense servers more, have only "Marathon", though it hardly seems a fitting name anymore, but I don't like C&C mode either.

I don't know if the developers saw my post, but I had a suggestion for vehicles.

Basically I suggest to widen first person vehicle FOV as it seems extremely narrow, or possibly add a slider or option for it. Also an indicator which always shows what direction of the front of the vehicle would be useful.

Full post here viewtopic.php?f=121&t=76432

Hmm, just tested this a bit to see how the veterancy works and in order to be heroic you need indeed a lot of kills / building taken down.

Won't spoil too much cause I think this is up to the developers and also since I am not sure if everything stays the game. Also noticed that some of the 'new' developers are now featured as a bot with their real names...

• Totem Arts Staff

Hmmm updated changelist:

- Removed Field: I say keep Field in game so server owners can choose which one they add

- Updated Xmountain: can be interesting

- Removed Day Night versions: Thank you

Hmm, just tested this a bit to see how the veterancy works and in order to be heroic you need indeed a lot of kills / building taken down.

Won't spoil too much cause I think this is up to the developers and also since I am not sure if everything stays the game. Also noticed that some of the 'new' developers are now featured as a bot with their real names...

Is there a way to beta test new versions. Would love to test patches

• Totem Arts Staff
Any idea why the day and night version are removed?

Also: two versions of Field won't be a problem if you ask me, although I allready prefer the new Field :D

Day and Night were redundant and just took up an unnecessarily large amount of space. It also only really made a significant difference on Canyon.

As for Field.

#BlameHavoc

I got a feeling the patch is ready, but just not released :D

Exceptionally Preliminary, Ryz. Wasn't sure if this patch was FUNCTIONAL, much less ready for rapid release.

It seems functional from how they're reacting, so it may be more ready than they worried, and perhaps releasing faster than they anticipated.

Maybe, perhaps.

I am just building up the pressure :) We have to wait till it's done and that's all we can do, right...? Found the new patch myself, but not much to do without servers.
Fffreak9999 gets home in a couple hours. Wait till then.

Or did you mean populated servers? Eh, I doubt the wait will be MUCH longer.

My apologies for originally butchering Fffreak9999's name. I try to remember 3to4 but I never remember which is 3 and which is 4 and I am generally terrible about names anyway.

Edited by Guest