Patch 5.2 exceptionally preliminary notes

yosh56

• Totem Arts Staff

Okay... pretty preliminary

Would expect a launch time no earlier than the end of this week, and no later than the beginning of August.

Additions

----------------

--------------

Veterancy

--------------

-Added Veterancy promotions through veterancy points(VP)-

`3 ranks [Veteran, Elite, Heroic]

`VP is gained from most attack actions [including kill-assists] and to a lesser extent, repairing. Healing infantry provides the most VP per second of all healing.

`Vehicles take the rank of whoever is driving/was last to drive.

`Joining late grants the late player a particular amount of starting VP so they don't necessarily have to start from ground zero 30 minutes in.

`Kills inside of, or right by, enemy buildings grant bonuses. Killing higher ranks grants bonuses.

`Getting kills in or close to friendly buildings grants less VP; Killing lower ranks grants less VP.

`Offense in general rises higher than defense in term of promotion upgrades.

`Repair Guns get minimal enhancements

-------------------

User Interface

-------------------

-Added Veterancy Rank and progress bar to UI

-Added Veterancy Feat Ticker to Subtitles-

-Spotted targets now show up for everyone on the minimap

-Neutral vehicles show up on the minimap again.

-Added "Respawn UI". You can select your class before spawn.

-Added "Chat Box". you don't have to use console to chat anymore.

-Added "Tech Building Icons" to the HUD. you can change the style or disable them in the settings menu.

-Added "Beacon Icon" to the minimap. you can see your team's beacons as well as spotted ones. you can change the style in the settings menu.

- General update to loading screens

-Tool tips added to loading screens

-Added overview map. Default key is M

-------

-Added "Allow D3D9 MSAA" and "Use Hardware PhysX" to video settings.

-Added the ability to change or disable the "Kill Sound" (Boink) to the settings menu.

-Added the ability to change the "Crosshair Color" to the settings menu.

-Added "Server Information" to the right side of the in-game server browser.

-------------------

-------------------

Miscellaneous

-------------------

-Added civilian vehicle crate type [no vehicles yet]

-Updated Obelisk fire/impact effects

-Edited Controller default controls.

-You can now hold sprint by double tapping sprint the same way you would for ducking/crouching.

-Added Communications Centre Tech Building (Shows enemies on minimap and overview map)

-Random spelling fixes

------------------

Balance

-------------

- Reduced vehicle missiles headshot multiplier.

- Repair tool Ammo increased from 250 to 350

-GDI-

Officer: Decreased default magazine size to 150 from 200; Decreased projectile collision box size from 20>10

Patch: Reduced damage on Tactical Rifle grenade launcher from 200 > 130; Decreased base speed from 117.5% > 112.5%

Sydney: Decreased base health to 300 from 325

AGT minimum range increased.

-Nod-

Officer: Decreased default magazine size to 150 from 200; Decreased projectile collision box size from 20>10

Raveshaw: Decreased total health to 300 from 325

Mendoza: Increased Blue Tiberium Rifle's damage to Kevlar from 70% to 80%; Secondary damage to vehicles increased slightly.

Increased LCG damage to vehicles from 3>4

Obelisk Minimum range increased

Bug Fixes

-----------------

+Fixed the Chinook's guns never replicating anything to clients

+Various infantry weapon fixes (Most notably zooming in and out and getting stuck in slow motion)

+Improved Obi/AGT ability to see infantry.

+Fixed issue where crate vehicle would remain bound/locked to enemy team after being stolen.

+Fixed chat message word wrap

+Fixed a bug with text glow for settings menu items.

+Fixed a bug where "Use Classic Team Name Colors" didn't retain its status between main menu and in-game setting menus.

Maps

---------

Updated CNC-Crash Site

Updated CNC-TrainingYard

Updated CNC-Tomb

Updated Xmountain

Removed CnC-GrassyKnoll

-Added CnC-Gobi

-Added Field-X

-Removed Field

-Added CnC-ArcticStronghold

-Added CnC-Fort

-Removed Day and Night maps.

SDK

--------

- Added volumes to denote GDI/Nod bases.

- Added a range multiplier variable to base defenses

Looking good so far.

Is 'improving agt/obi ability to target infantry' a fix for the base defenses being useless at killing infantry on base defense maps, or just making them slightly better? Right now, base defense maps are just not fun to play because how easy it is to run to enemy buildings.

Also is this patch to include a fix or mitigation of some sort for the server attacks?

Awesome looking changes.

If I understand correctly, veterancy will work per-player and VP will be gathered trough whole match, and it will not be lost when killed?

In that case giving late-joiners some VP makes sense.

Would it be possible to make a version of veterancy where VP is gathered per-character / per-vehicle with maybe x5 multiplier, but lost when vehicle is destroyed / character is killed?

It would work much more like veterancy in RTS games, which does not necessarily translate well to RenX.

Would that even be fun?

Hmmmmm, those UI changes.... Juicy!!!

Can somebody explain to me what does the Veterancy system do, please?

The veterancy system provides bonuses to an individual player for committing himself to the game in certain ways, And reset with each match, or possibly even with each death. Bonuses could be slightly cheaper purchases, slightly more health to infantry and/or vehicles, perhaps even a small renegeration for your units. It could also contain other things but it seems like they haven't been set in stone yet, i guess?

Nice, so RypeL has been working on veterancy.

Will you guys also be fixing the bug where you spin 180 degrees when entering a building and changing view..?

Yosh did the nearly all, if not all of veterancy by himself afaik

That "bug" is technically a feature ever since the camera behavior was changed when switching from first to third person. Not sure if it's possible to fix unless it's reverted to previous behavior

Is 'improving agt/obi ability to target infantry' a fix for the base defenses being useless at killing infantry on base defense maps, or just making them slightly better? Right now, base defense maps are just not fun to play because how easy it is to run to enemy buildings.

Also is this patch to include a fix or mitigation of some sort for the server attacks?

Just fixes them occasionally ignoring infantry when sprinting. Their overall performance should be the same.

Server attacks are for the server owners to deal with, not the devs

If I understand correctly, veterancy will work per-player and VP will be gathered trough whole match, and it will not be lost when killed?

Would it be possible to make a version of veterancy where VP is gathered per-character / per-vehicle with maybe x5 multiplier, but lost when vehicle is destroyed / character is killed?

It would work much more like veterancy in RTS games, which does not necessarily translate well to RenX.

Would that even be fun?

VP is a currency and when you spend it to upgrade something (inf or vehicle), that stays permanent until the end of the game

That was one of the scenarios discussed but it would make the game infinitely times more campy

Oh sorry for not giving Yosh the credits for the veterancy stuff, but glad it will be there. I consider it a bug cause I have to switch the camera when running through smoke, so than I start spinning around (even when I am sober).

• Totem Arts Staff

Is CnC Gobi complete new map cause I never saw a forum about it

And Field X? New environment version or different Field

Too bad City Flying won't make it for 5.2

YOSH PLS UPDATE TRAININGYARD FOR BETTER GAMEPLAY

Edited by Guest

Is CnC Gobi complete new map cause I never saw a forum about it

And Field X? New environment version or different Field

Yes

Different

Devs are fully aware of your update posts, up to them if they feel new versions are superior or not

VP is a currency and when you spend it to upgrade something (inf or vehicle)

Correction: it's not a 'currency' in the current implementation. You get a progress meter and such instead.

And yeah, Yosh is the one who implemented the entirety of Veterancy (minus the UI, thanks nBab).

Here's a little spoiler to show off some of the additions:

MzWM.png

Devs are fully aware of your update posts, up to them if they feel new versions are superior or not
Should I reference the 4-5 topics and multiple comments, that asked... no, BEGGED, for Tomb to have it's silo put across the map? Don't get me started on Training Yard.

CityFlying, that's a little untested, I can see that. What the heck about GrassyKnoll, Tomb, or TrainingYard though???

For the love of jove, at least give us the "update too big already" excuse...

It would be really great, if a setting could be added, where the buildings are not destroyable until at least X players join. This would help a lot to fill up the servers....

Yeah I thought about that, maybe something moderators can do and can be accomplished by a vote.

• Totem Arts Staff
Here's a little spoiler to show off some of the additions:

MzWM.png

ooooh a screenshot of it. Looks good they finally added a Power Plant to it :)

Medium tank health increased? And something else near health.

Not everything is told us. Probably because it is not sure it will make it.

Will there be an updated SDK released with 5.2 release?

Should I reference the 4-5 topics and multiple comments, that asked... no, BEGGED, for Tomb to have it's silo put across the map? Don't get me started on Training Yard.

CityFlying, that's a little untested, I can see that. What the heck about GrassyKnoll, Tomb, or TrainingYard though???

For the love of jove, at least give us the "update too big already" excuse...

Yeah Tomb should be updated EVEN the collision bug is still not fixed. BTW does anyone know a modeler who can model the Tomb cause I'm such an asshole in modeling stuff :P

Still say you should put invisible blocking volumes real close along the walls.

Nonetheless, "please move the silo", "the silo don't need to be near harvesters", "move the silos it's ruining the map", you do it and they don't update it. That, and GrassyKnoll ffs, that map is MUCH better being changed from what it is, Idk if I can handle an update with a borked grassyknoll...

• Totem Arts Staff

They need to make sure patches own the latest versions of custom maps. They contain lot of Bug fixes and gameplay optimizations

NOTE: Yosh already edited first post. TrainingYard, Cash Site and GrassyKnoll will be updated in 5.2

They need to make sure patches own the latest versions of custom maps. They contain lot of Bug fixes and gameplay optimizations

NOTE: Yosh already edited first post. TrainingYard, Cash Site and GrassyKnoll will be updated in 5.2

Updated version of Snow will also be added :)

Still say you should put invisible blocking volumes real close along the walls.

Nonetheless, "please move the silo", "the silo don't need to be near harvesters", "move the silos it's ruining the map", you do it and they don't update it. That, and GrassyKnoll ffs, that map is MUCH better being changed from what it is, Idk if I can handle an update with a borked grassyknoll...

I opted Grassyknoll's removal some time ago, surprised it's still in. I will do it again:

Please exclude Grassy from future releases, I don't have the time to get it on par with other maps gameplay wise.

If someone is feeling adventurous, be my guest. I got my hands full with the Launcher and my studies atm.

If the map gets an update, the custom map seeker can pick it up.

I know people are not a big fan of including too many maps, but what if we could do a few good test sessions with new maps soon so even more can / might be added? CnC Paradise looks promising, but can't tell about the gameplay. And what about CnC Ash (developer made?).

• Totem Arts Staff
I know people are not a big fan of including too many maps, but what if we could do a few good test sessions with new maps soon so even more can / might be added? CnC Paradise looks promising, but can't tell about the gameplay. And what about CnC Ash (developer made?).

Paradise isn't tested yet, which looks very good. CNC-Ash was finished but there is too much hate for infantry only maps.

There are map testing sessions sometimes before PUGs. Or if there are map testing servers set up that have to-be-tested maps on them, you can join and test by yourself any time. Be sure to and report your findings here on forums in map-specific thread.

Paradise isn't tested yet, which looks very good. CNC-Ash was finished but there is too much hate for infantry only maps.

That's why I say we should test them... But it's hard to even pick a date one on one with a map developer, not to mention organize a testing session with multiple people.

About Ash: Valley wasn't played often, but I have to say that I (and among me also other players) liked it. People should just not vote the map if they don't want it.

Someone of the map developers step up and set out a few dates (in a seperate topic) so we can join. Pretty sure we can find 10 people or more to do this stuff.

Will Flame Tanks being able to shoot throug building walls be fixed?

Probably not. Considering it has a very hard counter (Getting Remote C4'd through the wall) it's never been that high on the list.

Flame tanks can stay far from the walls and not get hurt by c4. Also please s̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶x̶̶̶-̶̶̶r̶̶̶a̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶v̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶i̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶ teach me how to know where flame tanks are without x-ray so I can see where the flame tanks are and put the c4 in the perfect place to destroy the flame tanks. Also even if we try doing that, the flames will kill us long before we are able to successfully use the c4 to blow them up.

You know what, that opens a great idea for a bug fix, can remote c4 from inside a building not hurt anyone outside it? haha joking yosh. I love you developers of renegade x.