Main Menu Concept

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

So I found in the SDK files some photos of the Closed Beta

ygUVXhD.jpg

Here you were able to find servers easier. You could check boxes and it would show servers with these options.

You also were able to set up LAN servers.

lMElyWm.jpg

Same with this, you could set which servers you wanted to see from which part of the world

c8ODQ2J.jpg

I don't understand why this option is removed cause this is very very helpful for PUG matches when Yosh or B0NG can't set up a server.

I don't know why this ever was removed. Was it because it didn't work well? Or was is useless?

Edited by TK0104
  • Like 1

You can still technically do all of these things. Just no menu for them in-game. These things are all mostly hooks found in Unreal3 engine, and can be accessed as such. Same way you do it in BL2 and junk.

I bet the menu was seen as complicated and mostly unused, including LAN considering a LAN game populated beyond 6 is probably going to suffer performance issues. However, you can still do it if you looked up how to do it manually.

Servers, however. Currently we have 1 page of listings, so it'd be unnecessary.

I bet the menu was seen as complicated and mostly unused, including LAN considering a LAN game populated beyond 6 is probably going to suffer performance issues.

Sorry to pop in, but last year we played RenX in LAN and there were no performance issues with 8 people. It would be nice to set up a server internally although it's obvious that nowadays barely anybody would use that feature.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...