[Map] CNC-XMeteor

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Yo,

So I started this map a few months ago and I didn't want to release it during issues. But I couldn't let it unfinished. So I've completely gave the map a new looking and It looks very different now.

laS9X7E.jpg

GQfTIc9.jpg

XxaN8kY.jpg

I will keep working on unfinished maps first and don't start any new maps for now.

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ze9D ... sp=sharing

• 3 months later...

Hey Thommy,

We played this map with a couple of people and were finding it quite interesting. Although the map really needs the finishing touches, we all agreed on 1 thing: It's way to big.

The atmosphere and layout of the map are really interesting but it's just to big. Also please bring down the height by a factor 2 or so.
What I'd do is shown in the Xmeteor differences attachment. (photoshop hack there)

The map as is right now, is just way to big. It takes to long to get to the other side. For planetside 2 or any UT3-WAR mode this would work out but for RenX this isn't really the case I think.

Xmeteor differences.jpg

Xmeteor proposal.jpg

• Totem Arts Staff

The photoshopped lay-out looks very very interesting.

I agree that the map is too big. I will take a look at it and make these changes soon. Planning on reducing the amount of tree's because aircraft is glitching very hard in this map.

I'm still working on the 2nd version of Horologe so expect that map first

EDIT

So played with some other guys on Xmeteor and found some bugs I never thought those would appear. These bugs are found and WILL be fixed:

- Map scale reduce

- Amount of Tree's reduce to fix aircraft from glitching

- Reworking volumes (Blocking volumes, Watervolumes, SoftBoundary Volumes)

- Fix Nod Harverster from crashing  in the Nod Refinery

- Fix Decals overlay

- Optimize lighting

- Add Communication Center (Tech Building)

- Add Additional Features

- Background

- Minimap (I learned how to make 1, yaaay)

- Material Editing

IF YOUR REPORTED BUG IS NOT IN THIS LIST, THEN I PROBABLY FORGOT THAT ONE. IF YOU HAVE FEEDBACK. REPORT IT ON THIS TOPIC

Edited by ThommyK0104
Upcoming Changelist