Rank-System --- ExperiencePoints --- Level-Status

GDIViperM

Maybe some of you know the Renegade Community Marathon Srv... and there is a good rank system generated by a xp counter and on each level or rank you have some mor abilities:

In the RenCom Srv:

- Defenstower building

- command activations (!weapon; to buy weapons on field without terminal)

- new standart weapons on each character

- ability to regenerate a destroyed building (cost 50'000)

Other ideas:

is it a advantageously weapon or ability you get it just with a high rank/level and it cost you some (for the fairness).

- to buy abilities: tiberiumshield, stealth abilitie on each character, more armor, the ability to regenerate on the tiberiumfield

- uprades: laser pointer on weapons, to have more than one beacon..., cheap fake mines or beacons

maybe some ideas would change the gameplay of Renegade, but maybe it makes the gameplayer better and more interessting? i'm sure some yes and i'm also sure some not...

Is in Ren X a ranksysteme planed??? (I didn't found something in FAQ)

QUOTE (omega79 @ Jul 29 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like the rank thing, played alot on blackcell server ...w as a nice feature :)

but since this is no original renegade feature it should be an option not a permanent setting[/b]

of course!! the server hoster could this activate or deactivate... because the better, longer player are than more better ^^ so...

QUOTE (GDIViperM @ Jul 30 2008, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
of course!! the server hoster could this activate or deactivate... because the better, longer player are than more better ^^ so...[/b]

the player, longer better are than most player, also...

(hehe just a joke!)

for sure a veteran-system is nice! but as fobby said before:

We'll be talking about veterancy and all that when the mod is at a more complete state.[/b]