Quick Question

Kiwhite

Hi guys I'm an old school Renegade player and I just now stumbled onto this and I absolutely love it.

I read the FAQ and is said free aim was going to be incorporated into the game but I cant seem to find the key binding for it? So is there free aim or not?

And will there ever be any sniper servers ?

Afaik free aim isn't there. (you are referring to the fact that you could press a key in a vehicle and could look every you wanted while the vehicle still kept moving the same direction?).

Sniper servers are gone for now, but might be back later..

Sniper servers are implemented, but nobody's hosting AFAIK.

Free aim isn't implemented. Can see why some would want, but was kind of a pocket way to break LOS fairness. I sort of miss the 180 turn key more.

I honestly miss Free Aim more than the 180 turn, and I used both an awful lot. Free aim was not only useful to shoot enemies, but also allowed for a better line of sight of your surroundings while repairing friendly units. The 180 turn key i used a lot when trying to get somewhere unnoticed, it's so much easier than turning your mouse in each direction every seconds, which slows you down a lot aswell.

Regardless of the absence of the free aim, repairmen would still need some sort of observational freedom during repairment. Would it be possible to implement two extra stances for the engineers in which they were be able to shoot the repair beam straight, and at the same time they could face rightwards or leftwards? This would be just a change in posture. Could be handy for everybody though.

Free was also how you could very easily break Ren and do some majorly cheap stuff as infantry. It got shot down, though development on it had been started at one point.

It didn't get shot down, there was heavy debating but opinions were pretty much split 50/50. What I find the most strange is how people are willing to argue over something they love or hate with no compromise at all, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of a debate. Why not meet somewhere in the middle, changing free aim enough so I can still repair my tanks with it or something?

• Totem Arts Staff
Free was also how you could very easily break Ren and do some majorly cheap stuff as infantry. It got shot down, though development on it had been started at one point.

It didn't get shot down, there was heavy debating but opinions were pretty much split 50/50. What I find the most strange is how people are willing to argue over something they love or hate with no compromise at all, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of a debate. Why not meet somewhere in the middle, changing free aim enough so I can still repair my tanks with it or something?

I'd call 'not making it through' shot down... I'm well aware the idea came up and was talked about.

I'm.. also not seeing an issue with awareness here. Third person and 130 FOV is about as much situational awareness as it gets, so long as you're at least mildly paranoid and look around yourself every once in awhile.

How did free aim break ren? lol... the majority of the highly skilled players on clanwars.cc used free aim. Never was there any complaints about it back then. Only thing I can even think of is way way back you could crack and glass shoot in the tunnels on islands as a sniper, but most servers had the modified versions of them maps where you couldn't do that anymore.