SDK Wen? [Why won't SDK "Play from Here"?]

RoundShades

My SDK has locked up 3 times on 3 different maps, after attempting to "Play from Here". The first one, I assumed was because it was a very rigged map. The second one, had me worried that both were too jerry rigged to make run. The third one, was stock Tomb. Now I know, it has to be my SDK having an issue instead.

Anyone have any tips, where I would find logs or what would cause this or how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
My SDK has locked up 3 times on 3 different maps, after attempting to "Play from Here". The first one, I assumed was because it was a very rigged map. The second one, had me worried that both were too jerry rigged to make run. The third one, was stock Tomb. Now I know, it has to be my SDK having an issue instead.

Anyone have any tips, where I would find logs or what would cause this or how to fix this?

Well, I've Just Reinstalled the SDK to two new locations and it still crashes

I noticed something...

If you start a new map you can Play from Here

and

If you start a new map and change settings to Rx_Game, it crashes as soon as you play

• Totem Arts Staff

I noticed something...

and

If you start a new map and change settings to Rx_Game, it crashes as soon as you play

I noticed that too. I think it is something that is custom scripted.

I wanted to add the Quad Cannon in XMeteor but wasn't scripted.

I scripted it and compiled it succesfull. Then I added it into the map and 'Play from here' kept crashing. When I removed it everything worked fine.

It could be something Custom Scripted (Ceiling Turret or something else

I noticed something...

and

I noticed that too. I think it is something that is custom scripted.

I wanted to add the Quad Cannon in XMeteor but wasn't scripted.

I scripted it and compiled it succesfull. Then I added it into the map and 'Play from here' kept crashing. When I removed it everything worked fine.

It could be something Custom Scripted (Ceiling Turret or something else

Thx Thommy, Probably is the custom scripted Ceiling Turret...Will get back to you with the outcome asap

How many more Problems is the Ceiling Turret Gonna Generate?

EDIT: Didnt affect the SDK in anyway, also tried removing other custom scripts, e.g. RepairPad, that didnt work either

• 2 months later...

Broly wen?

No seriously, I barely even use the editor, but I'm somewhere between "when I do need to do a minimap, it would be nice to be able to load that fucker and test that it works", and "I would probably start putting effort into an urban map I have an idea for if I knew I had every full advantage of the most up-to-date SDK"...

So, SDK wen?

• Totem Arts Staff

My 'play in editor' doesn't work either anymore. I got a lot of viruses on my PC and I've been removing non-stop stuff that is a virus. Now that I'm safe I wanted to use play in editor and he is loading but then he crashes but won't close and gives no errors.

BLAME THE HACKERS!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...