CnC-Stronghold

Well, I've decided to share a few images from Stronghold...I've spent most of the time landscaping, getting used to it, and applying my design, the basics are done + the bases

However once Hourglass has been released and finalized (most bugs removed) I will be concentrating on Glacier Flying - The Next Main Map... Already have the Static Mesh of Glacier thx to Henk : D

Stronghold - Strong bases that have been fortified to withstand multiple attacks, all for Tiberium Riches : )

The outer parts of the map have been sunk due to the fights between Nod and GDI

The Tiberium Grows Tremendously within the cave - No sunlight nor rain allowing for high Tiberium Growths

57c9ee9f8c2b7_GDIBase.jpg.4103c223ae3cda90a7a96e76af456896.jpg

57c9ee9f91590_NodBase.jpg.0ff7b7493b6d12ed49cb6a4f72ac9720.jpg

Is there a way to have different uv coordinates based on how vertical the terrain is?

Or maybe a way to automatically get layer based on the verticality?

If not you could of course give your cliff/steep layer high uv density (if that's what it's called).

Little Key of the map : )

Black Area = Infantry path over the little erosion some trees (maybe burnt out from war), with silo and crashed bus (go inside for extra cover, hanging over the edge, on the smaller plot by GDI)

Yellow Area = Tank Battles - Main Path

Green Area = Tiberium Cave - was gonna be a mountain of sort over the top, with some parts fallen in for the blue area - Not sure how I'm going to do this at the moment

Blue Area = Mountain has eroded from war/weather, as a result the two teams are building a new wall - Some parts are solid, yet the gap in the mountain is still setting - had to build the outer parts first, so the brick work lines up - for this reason you can blow part of the wall up, opening an infantry path, however this will allow the other team another way to attack your base, but you gotta blow GDI's and Nod's Wall first - Your Choice - Thinking 1 Time C4

So You have One way In, Front of Base, Good Luck, well fortified

Or the eroded mountain - Risky but opens PP for infantry Rushes - BTW the teams built a Turret for safety reasons - Good Luck

Not sure whether to make flying or not, either way, the wall will still have AA turrets on top...

Stronghold.jpg.70f3334a8c88744fecf45356405152c6.jpg

Hmm, I can't wait to see your other map in action (ofc. you are waiting for some things to be done according to scripting), but I do not have a memory to Glacier atm... I just did a very quick search and noticed that it had a flying and non-flying version, but I can't find any screenshots. Maybe you can freshen up our minds...?

Hmm, I can't wait to see your other map in action (ofc. you are waiting for some things to be done according to scripting), but I do not have a memory to Glacier atm... I just did a very quick search and noticed that it had a flying and non-flying version, but I can't find any screenshots. Maybe you can freshen up our minds...?

• Totem Arts Staff

I should not enable air vehicles with obby/agt because air vehicles will be quiet useless in good rushes (that's how I think about it) Or just remove obby/agt and add in GT's / Turret's and AA-Tower/SAM-site's

I should not enable air vehicles with obby/agt because air vehicles will be quiet useless in good rushes (that's how I think about it) Or just remove obby/agt and add in GT's / Turret's and AA-Tower/SAM-site's

Well I have 6 Sams Sites, an Obilisk, 4 Turrets and Something else in mind for defence, only downside - Obi struggles when shooting down, gotta be close

Same thing for GDI, yet the AGT is much better compared to obi

Flying was just an Idea - However when there is a flying map, people spam them...

Ill do a video of the whole map for you at some point - Still have classic C&C Renegade - Best server shut down though a year or two back after all the other main ones went

Plus I don't remember Glacier or Glacier_Flying as an option, It was always Glacier Flying

• 5 months later...

Thx @Ruud033 for the Bus, Able to implement the bus to it's planned location and create the collision

- Too Much Weight from City Evac...Not done yet, but planned

- Nod Snipers Get Ready...

- I'm not 100% sure about this yet (might Kismet it...)

- All the work going into the Bus haha (First part done after testing the bases and secret side path)

- EnjoyBus.jpg

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

Bus1.jpgBus2.jpgBus3.jpgBus4.jpgBus5.jpgBus6.jpg

Don't forget the Right side is Infantry Path only with Trees etc

The Left is Tank Path - However as I've now been able to test the map, I've noticed that the trek is long (Base-Infant), gonna have to move it in...Great

Shoulda placed mammoths in the old sdk even though i couldn't test it...

The Middle is the Wishing Well and Toilet with something else

Bus8.jpg

Bus7.jpg

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

1 hour ago, Ruud033 said:

That thing isn't quite ready for deployment yet, the collision is a bit fucked. Still trying to convince @Havoc89 or some other talented developer with the right skills to fix that thing. I personally can't because I lack the 3ds Max knowledge.

Well i deleted the current collision on the Bus and did collision within the editor...

Not Professionally done, But Works - That's the main thing

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

As Hourglass is released and more or less finished, I can continue work with Stronghold

Moved the Infantry Path closer to the Base of operations

Edited the location of Silo and added the Comms (for kismet perk) and tank traps (also for something else in mind)l

Rearranged Base Buildings

GDI Harvester Functions over the slope and back again, however the harvester harvests for seconds before heading back, yet the harvest time is normal

The two towers by each base are not in the correct locations

Also, it should be easier to make that sneaky path now - Field has that destroyable Rock - Here you destroy the nearly cemented Wall

58fa8f6cafea5_CnC-Stronghold2.0.thumb.png.ff74db480f8aaedcc20a33f9d394cf9d.png

P.S. The Slope had to me modified : ) Too Steep

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

• Totem Arts Staff

The map is a bit flat and is way too open. I understand it's still WIP but be aware this is too open

Suggestion: Make some hills where vehicles can hide behind. This makes the map something more interesting

Edited by TK0104

54 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

The map is a bit flat and is way too open. I understand it's still WIP but be aware this is too open

Suggestion: Make some hills where vehicles can hide behind. This makes the map something more interesting

Of course, but the main think is getting the harvesters working - otherwise the map is useless

Gonna add a slope up to a walkway around the tiberium, with a sniper perch covering '5x' silo

I made the landscape flat and only worked on specific areas, the tank path/tiberium is last (easiest and not game changing) - but had to shorten due to oversizing on old sdk (couldnt test the map)

Thx for the suggestion though - that is the most obvious option, similar to X-mountain, but with some higher hills now (thx to your suggestion: )

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

• 2 weeks later...

May the Fourth be with you, this weekend...Better late than Never!

Finally finished editing and modifying my variation of an Army Carrier - Only 3rd time using 3Dstudio Max : )

- A-10s on top (the normal vehicles)

- Hovercrafts inside the ship (Something new and for the Vehicle Terminal - Transport Land Vehicles somehow)

- Attack and Transport Helicopters to add variety and fill space

- A crane to repair Aircrafts

- The first cabin has got collision

- The room on deck allows access to the hovercraft area, would like to use a spiral staircase

- 2 Flag poles for Teams

So much work for a terminal view and EE (Wait and find out the real purpose) (however @Handepsilon knows about a random idea I came up with - based upon a Battlefield Gamemode, GDI start on Boats and Carriers, Nod own the island with multiple bases, Obelisks and spawn points along the way, GDI need to attack the shore and all bases to take over the island and win - upon the destruction of buildings/Capture of MCT, the base would be converted to GDI, and so on - Never went anywhere other than a wild idea (how would Nod Win? how would GDI buy vehicles? etc)

As a result of stronghold being based on the edge of a city collapse, a swamp has arisen on the infantry paths, bridging's collapsing due to too much pressure, and water rising - it was an ideal situation for the carrier to return (Might only be a TV and EE, but it adds detail and adds to the stronghold environment) - in memory of an old and original idea, which could be made in the future in fact (the main mesh already built) + it helped with @Luhrian moaning in Hourglass...'Should create a flat airport/base just for me, so I can fly the A-10s)

Here it is

Carrier1.thumb.jpg.b418018472f212a1b075ce1961829ca2.jpgCarrier2.thumb.jpg.2c5990ac8270e224d8bafc922bc866e1.jpgCarrier3.thumb.jpg.cf973ef664d77facde23e54513b76cea.jpg

P.S. I did download a different carrier for Nod's Team, but it's shit compared to my edited and modified carrier - The 2nd Carrier may still be used for only air vehicles.

P.S.S Please Ignore the MK2, that's something else, similar to Uplink and Reinforcements in Hourglass - Time and Team Restricted (if possible - the team owning the Comm will receive the MK2 at some point)

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
  • Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
13 hours ago, TheDeadlyWolf said:

the team owning the Comm will receive the MK2 at some point

To that thing I have to say NO!

So maybe one team which is owning the center for maybe 10 minutes they are already winning. The rest of the game is just for the one team waiting for their death and for the other team just fun. Both teams should get a MKII at the same point of the game.

13 hours ago, TheDeadlyWolf said:

Should create a flat airport/base just for me, so I can fly the A-10s

If you want that you could do that, but I think it is easier to start on the carrier then on Hourglass in a GDI base where you can crash in a nearly invisible AGT flag pole

But good job so far :)

P.S. I'm not sure if it was done in the new SDK, but I think the MKII need some vetrancy settings, otherwise you don't rank up. But maybe you don't even need that because this Tank is already strong enough.

Oops, for a second I confused this with:

does it make sense for you guys (to team up for this carrier idea? ;)

While your model looks overall more like a real ship than the one @Veyron created so far, yours also resembles more a cargo ship than an actual miltary aircraft carrier...

Also the docking bay for hovercrafts should not be on the side of a ship, because of "hydrodynamics" :P

Ither than that - looking great! :D

that's pretty cool! it does look like a cargo ship but an extremely well done cargo ship.  something like this reminds me of the first COD:MW like a black ops mission with the deadsix dressed for a night mission not renegade-like but something different perhaps a campaign mission?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luhrian said:
21 hours ago, TheDeadlyWolf said:

Should create a flat airport/base just for me, so I can fly the A-10s

If you want that you could do that, but I think it is easier to start on the carrier then on Hourglass in a GDI base where you can crash in a nearly invisible AGT flag pole

But good job so far :)

Lol, I was more or less quoting what you said in Hourglass Testing, didn't you see the ' and ' - it's also a perk for you ; )

7 hours ago, j0g32 said:

Oops, for a second I confused this with:

Knew that was going to happen after @Veyron started modelling his own Carrier

As a result I expanded from a carrier to a more cargo/carrier design to add hovercrafts and make the TerminalViews's (and perk) more interesting, while including everything into one ship.

7 hours ago, j0g32 said:

Also the docking bay for hovercrafts should not be on the side of a ship, because of "hydrodynamics"

Who cares about hydrodynamics, if we did, everything would be stale and boring in the future...

Like I mentioned, this is my variation of an army carrier - A-10s need little to no Runway... And it's better to be original and create new designs/variations

5 hours ago, Veyron said:

that's pretty cool! it does look like a cargo ship but an extremely well done cargo ship.  something like this reminds me of the first COD:MW like a black ops mission with the deadsix dressed for a night mission not renegade-like but something different perhaps a campaign mission?

Yeah, that happens when you've played too much COD and War FPS games : D

Plus with @Veyron making a proper military carrier, which you should continue to do, it's nice to have something different now and again - My fault for not continuing with that 'Battlefield Gamemode' map for Renegade X ; )

It's Still a carrier in my eyes, Just a wolf carrier with multiple perks and benefits : D

Thank you for all your comments...

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

• 4 weeks later...

Added Sam sites to GDI's (wolf carrier), added a walkway to the GDI hovercraft section, and finished the Vehicle Cam finally (kept rotating the vehicle spawn) for GDI...As of Now

- No Lights, but all the vehicles fit and look right...Last minute Maintenance before supplying the front line!

Edit: Ignore the A-10...Fallen through the ship

592afaef08e7e_GDITerminalView.thumb.jpg.8a45bdea26470a6af278aa8831875ea3.jpg

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guys... Lighting builds to 90.6% before generating a failure and not progressing, however the building time/process continues

This is the error that gets generated - repeats twice then nothing

Assertion Failed: MappingContext.FirstBounceCache.InterpolateLighting(RepresentativeVertex, FALSE, FALSE, IndirectLighting) [File:Lighting\Src\VertexMapping.cpp] [Line: 965]

Tried production and preview, but no result : (

• Totem Arts Staff

Hm, maybe you could upload the map and other people can try a lightning build, it could be a bug in the SDK. I would do it, but I am not at home atm. But maybe someone else is ready to do this.

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:06 PM, Luhrian said:

Hm, maybe you could upload the map and other people can try a lightning build, it could be a bug in the SDK. I would do it, but I am not at home atm. But maybe someone else is ready to do this.

Well, finally found the problem after an extensive debugging - Custom Model: The Secondary Carrier was causing the failures, at least it wasn't the main carrier that had a lot of work and time put into it.

• 5 weeks later...

https://giphy.com/gifs/oVd113da8MIjS/html5

Finally produced the Stronghold Alpha

CnC-Stronghold_Alpha.rar (Obsolete)

I decided to push Stronghold to an Alpha stage before starting the next project - Stronghold was originally an on the side project that was started when Hourglass was generating many errors, but since a lot of you enjoyed the A-10 Hanger, I've pushed stronghold to a gaming stage.

The work thats left: Scenery, Kismet Fixes (+ increase current timings and fix others), Minimap, Optimisation, and Anything Else along the way.

Enjoy

P.S. Glacier_Remaster is postponed for now - I can't import the maps static mesh (when combining) because it exceeds the UDKs vertices limit of 6000 

- I can import every mesh individually, but that's over 1000 meshes to get in line and perfect

- As a result Mesa_ii will be remade if @Fffreak9999 doesn't have the correct one from the Retro Server

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
Newer Version Finally Submitted
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...