Sniper's armor

ex_member

I don't see what point you're trying to make here. Snipers have kevlar armor, which is resistant against bullet damage. Railguns, Volt, and patch nade have no penalty against kevlar. So basically you want snipers to be super buff and tanky and have their own armor type that is resistant to all types of damage?

I don't see what point you're trying to make here. Snipers have kevlar armor, which is resistant against bullet damage. Railguns, Volt, and patch nade have no penalty against kevlar. So basically you want snipers to be super buff and tanky and have their own armor type that is resistant to all types of damage?

There is no need to make them resistant to all types of damage. Just give them more armor !

That's almost the exact same thing

• Totem Arts Staff

Sniper ~= Sakura/Havoc. The only reason they take 3 mines is because their armour is already high.

I... still haven't seen an issue here. 1k snipers shoot faster than PICs and can 2 shot them just as well as they can get 2 shot.

There is nothing here.

• Totem Arts Staff

A sniper can not survive 2 shots by Sidney, but Sidney can survive 2 shots by a sniper !

...... Sydney only does like 210 damage to the chest of infantry with burn. That's not enough to kill a 500 or 1k sniper.

First hit: Armor = 0; Health= 84

Second hit= you are dead

.... you just proved my point?

• Totem Arts Staff

I think that's what he's complaining about. He wants sniper to survive 2 Sydney shots because Sydney can survive 2 sniper shots

But the sniper has more opportunity to headshot the Sydney no matter the distance anyways, unless you're fighting in cramped corridor

Nobody here dislikes having a sniper class; you're shoving words down people's throats, because nobody likes your awful ideas. Snipers are perfectly playable and no more "buggy" than any other class. They serve the role of a sniper very well -- you do high damage from a long range, with a high precision. I can't fathom what else you're wanting from a sniper. To me it sounds like you want an arbitrary god-like unit.

If you've finally realized that snipers aren't the ideal unit for close quarters, then stop trying to use snipers for close quarters combat. It's a sniper. I can't think of any situation where it makes sense to use a sniper in CQC. It's the unit with the highest range in the game. It's ideal for ranged combat.

And no, we're not removing the sniper class. Quit being so whiny about them, and learn to snipe.

Nobody here dislikes having a sniper class; you're shoving words down people's throats, because nobody likes your awful ideas. Snipers are perfectly playable and no more "buggy" than any other class. They serve the role of a sniper very well -- you do high damage from a long range, with a high precision. I can't fathom what else you're wanting from a sniper. To me it sounds like you want an arbitrary god-like unit.

If you've finally realized that snipers aren't the ideal unit for close quarters, then stop trying to use snipers for close quarters combat. It's a sniper. I can't think of any situation where it makes sense to use a sniper in CQC. It's the unit with the highest range in the game. It's ideal for ranged combat.

And no, we're not removing the sniper class. Quit being so whiny about them, and learn to snipe.

It is not true! Many Players dont like snipers. And they are saying it clearly and loud. I never said to make snipers a God like class, so you are the one shovling Words down the people's throath. If increasing the armor for few % is God like, then don't do it.

For your info, I am quite satisfied with my sniping skills.

What are you talking about. Snipers are perfectly fine. I don't know what your problem is, but if you want snipers to be good in close quarters combat, then you clearly have forgotten what a sniper is. "a rifleman who fires from a concealed place, esp a military marksman who fires from cover usually at long ranges at individual enemy soldiers" - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sniper

I think snipers are in a decent spot overall.

I don't think that mendoza, mobius, patch, mcfarland, and officer are though. Patch "noobtube" grenade is OP as hell with the splash damage it does, and his speed was buffed a tad bit too much. Mcfarland just needs his speed nerfed back down to a normal amount (the speed increase on slopes in combination with an AOE attack is just too strong on specific maps. He also has too long of a range if you ask me...shooting from the top mid of Walls down onto enemies early game after grabbing both crates with the speed boost is turning out to be quite OP). Mobius, mendoza, and officer (and chem, but he is just very situational) just need their damage reworked a bit. Increase headshot multiplier and decrease bodyshot multiplier. It's too easy to just spray and pray kill right now.

I think that snipers are very underwhelming right now because of the units that are relatively too strong right now; not that the sniper units themselves are underpowered.

Can we please make it so that a headshot with a 500 sniper kills a 1000 character though? Kind of ridiculous that it doesn't, and is a big part on why almost no one ever uses a 500 sniper.

• Totem Arts Staff

Try not to derail the topic too hard

Second, I gave up on trying to even understand what'd being complained about by the OP

Third:

Can we please make it so that a headshot with a 500 sniper kills a 1000 character though? Kind of ridiculous that it doesn't, and is a big part on why almost no one ever uses a 500 sniper.

They can still counter-snipe 1k snipers, and that's about as far as they're going to go under normal circumstances.

What are you talking about. Snipers are perfectly fine. I don't know what your problem is, but if you want snipers to be good in close quarters combat, then you clearly have forgotten what a sniper is. "a rifleman who fires from a concealed place, esp a military marksman who fires from cover usually at long ranges at individual enemy soldiers" - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sniper

Thanks a lot for clearing this out. Everything is great now. Yeah, it is a sniper. Or , is it a tank ? No, you said, it is a sniper, than it has to be one.

I repeat my self, what are you talking about? Since when did tanks get involved in this?

I don't think it's derailing when we're talking about the power of units. Since it's all going to be relevant to the power of the other units in play, they all should be considered. Snipers are in a decent spot as far as rate of fire I believe, but they feel entirely underwhelming against any spray and pray weapon because of the bodyshot and headshot multiplier rewarding lag more than skill right now.

A sniper should be able to one shot headshot kill any unit. Period. That's their usage. For them to not have that functionality makes them utterly worthless (hence why I see 500 snipers used far less than any other infantry unit in the game).

Schott is clearly being sarcastic and I find it entirely shocking that no one has realized that yet. He's not great with his English, but it can be interpreted pretty easily by me still at least..

Just now replying to this, but the problems in the past have been:

1) Ramjet bodyshot-killing, was too strong and lowered.

2) 500 headshot-killing, when Ramjet was lowered, people didn't bother with 1k and spend 500 to get same results.

Ergo, it's in a pretty good place right now. 500 do not insta-kill on headshot, but decimate health and any other source of damage finishes it. 1k is an additional investment to get the desired lethality, and it would be OP to offer said lethality at a lower cost. 500s I see still anyway, Ks.ol and Kenz still use them frequently while also dipping into 1ks also.

I don't usually snipe, but I use 500 unless rich or recently destroyed bar/hon, and only really snipe other snipers and engineers. 500 are half the threat to a 1k as another 1k is, but that is the literal value of a 500, and a 1k shot in the face already retreats anyways and a 1k shot in the body gambles death on a subsequent headshot if they don't also retreat. Other 500s have lethality against each other, and 500s are perfectly equal against any and all forms of anti-tank and engineer class infantry, and perform their niche function by depriving tanks of repair and defeating infantry threatening your own tanks and snipers threatening your own engineers.

1k are just there to do better, what a 500 could already do.

If a 500 sniper is supposed to literally be 1/2 of a 1000 sniper, then I'd like to see how you consider the chaingunner compared to the mobius/Mendoza lol.

500 snipers in Renegade had a faster RoF than a ramjet and 1 shot killed on headshot against any unit. Less damage, higher fire rate, same cost for benefit per skill as the ramjet. That's how they should be.

Snipers in Renegade were op...Lets not pretend they weren't. Snipers in ren x are drastically underwhelming right now though. Lower damage. Half fire rate. Longer reload. Faster movement speed. Oh...and a 500 sniper doesn't even headshot kill all units.

Over-compensation at its finest...which is fine as long as everything else is relatively the same...which most things are...but not all things (which I already went over)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We must also remember that Renegade X does not revolve around snipers. Snipers are assassins that kill at long range basically, so if you want to snipe that camping arty/MRLS's hotty/techie then you get a sniper. You don't get a sniper to fight a tank (except for the strange reason arty's/MRLS's are so vulnerable to 1k snipers)