Why Walls is the most loved maps for you..and..?

Xtractor

MB as guide for mappers to know what you like in a map or what would you like to see or feel.

Apperance aside ..What do you like ?

Do you like more open or close space ?...

Walls is fun for me because its flying and I like the Cat and mouse gameplay between orcas and apaches plus their is many other on ground strategy possible,

Is their something mapers should do that you would like and mapers never though of it?

Edited by Guest

It's simple, straightforward and very symmetrical. There's not a lot of clutter but still enough objects to hide and take cover behind.

And maybe bright/daytime maps are preferred too by people.

And yes it's good for mappers to look at what Walls does right, but we shouldn't simply make paintjobs of the same level designs/layouts.

Yeah this is I've been talking about with Glacious and Kenz too, I think the (custom) mappers need to focus more on the gameplay ;)

I wonder if bringing maps from the old ren (who've already been balanced through out their own testing period) would be better than making new ones from scratch. Making your own is more original I know... but if we have a pre-balanced map already that'd play better, I'd personally prefer that.

What are your thoughts on this?

Yeah this is I've been talking about with Glacious and Kenz too, I think the (custom) mappers need to focus more on the gameplay ;)

I'm wondering how Reservoir will play, I think the design is simple and there's enough options for players, but I might be wrong. It could also be small things like trees being in the way or the positioning of the small base defenses that might make it a bad map.

I wonder if bringing maps from the old ren (who've already been balanced through out their own testing period) would be better than making new ones from scratch. Making your own is more original I know... but if we have a pre-balanced map already that'd play better, I'd personally prefer that.

^ This is why I remade Snow, and because it's a kind of map layout that wasn't in the game yet.

was thinking :

What if a check list was made for mapers that would be used as guidelines for the gameplay on their maps and improving the already made ones by using a score system

eg.

Suggested things to consider for your gameplay

*numbers of routes (vehicules and infantries in each maps)

*Tunnels (length,numbers,position..)

*cover (map allows cover or too open..)

*Buildings ( too far away from each other, too close....)

*originality (layout ..)

*Bugs (vehicules or inf get stuck too often)

*Defense ( enough or too much).........ect..

Then a score is given to each items that will give the maper a guide of where it need to improve his map

What I like about walls is that it's a very simple map yet many strategies are working on it. It's good for tanks, good for flying, good for sneaking, sniping and infantry. I also like the clear daytime lightning

Most people vote field to snipe I have the feeling. About walls: it's simple, has options for both sides, infiltration chances for either faction, and so on. Just a really, really good map and very versatile.

I've noticed that games in field turn in to crate collecting. At least that's what I do. Nothing else to do in it unless the team is in a good mood to actually finish the game.

True, unless that is even impossible cause you get instant sniped inside your base when leaving a building. We had that yesterday; no vehicles cause WF was down and no way to enter the tunnels... People were mad when we surrendered after being a prey for 30 min. or so with Nod just sniping us, without attacking. If you can't even get crates, the map is just worse...