Have dreams ever gave you new ideas?

Chrisjh0223

Sometimes we can learn from our dreams, or they can give us inspiration for something. Sometimes I wish I was more proficient with music; in a few dreams I hear electronica music that my brain makes up all by itself yet when I'm awake I don't have this gift. Every now and then I will dream of games like Super Mario 64, Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart, and both C&C OldRen & RenX. In the Mario dreams I recognize Peach's castle but in each individual dream the castle has an entirely different incarnation (a whole bunch of different diverse rooms and overall layouts). After dreaming of OldRen so many times they sort of fuze together and I remember only a few notable instances.

Now what I really wanted to share with you were the RenX dreams (big surprise :D) or at least one very significant recent dream. Anyway, my team took over a Tech Building in the approximate middle of the map (either a Silo as RenX currently has or a Helipad/small air structure). If it was a Silo, it definitely had something new with it; this building had a computer any one of us could sit at and purchase a research upgrade, a futuristic equivalent of the bombardment plane of our faction. Since I was on GDI I could purchase the silver and smaller A-10 model. So when anyone on the team purchased the upgrade, the plane was buyable from either this field Tech Building or the War Factory back in the GDI base (I forget which).

I was able to fly this futuristic A-10 and it was similar to the one you can get in offline skirmish with vehicle summon permission but faster and somewhat more difficult to control. It was very fun to use against the enemies but whenever you used up all of its ammunition you had to reload it at the Tech Structure you bought the research upgrade from (and your team also had to own the Tech Structure).

So yeah, if you have had any dreams of video games or television shows or movies, please tell us what you can remember from them. ESPECIALLY if they gave you inspiration, new ideas, or you learned something.

Having a bomber vehicle is really interesting I think, because we don't have one right now! I do think it has to be a VTOL though due to renx gameplay

So soon Ruud will script a bomber in one of his maps after he made busses allready...?

Once thought about a map with a 'huge' base defence would could bypassed by getting a plane on a flightdeck carrier. The main fight for the game would concentrate on getting the ship, which would eventually lead to one side 'bombing' the base defence down.

The only problem:

No flightdeck carrier assets

And time, skills, knowledge... :P

Well, in this topic I was hoping to talk about dreams as the focus but it's all right if you wanted to discuss any tangents as well, such as any ideas you may get from the RenX dream I recently had.

Having a bomber vehicle is really interesting I think, because we don't have one right now! I do think it has to be a VTOL though due to renx gameplay

Well yeah, in my dream it had the explosive bombing weaponry as you see in the GDI airstrike in real RenX AND it also had insanely fast firing miniguns. Hmm, I'm not sure if it was a VTOL in my dream (it could have been); I do remember getting back in it at the Tech Building after rearming it. It either had VTOL capability or it was very fast at taking off conventionally (I vaguely remember it as a blur, lol).

Being a dream, I remember being able to do multiple things at the Tech Building's computer such as chat with people in the game (a negligible feature really) and goof around a bit. If you really want this building idea in our game, I guess it would consist of just a simple PCT (like in Crash Site's futuristic WF)or up to 3 (for individual vehicle/item purchases) and not an in-depth computer like in my dream, LOL. Oh yeah, and be sure to give the little building a helipad or a little airstrip if you do make it.

Speaking of this dream, I remember one dream from way back when. I'm not sure if it was a dream of OldRen or RenX, but I was in the air tower at the Walls map and saw a teammate playing asteroids at a terminal instead of the real deal game of C&C Renegade. I just thought "whatever" and got right back to C&C Renegade.

• Haha 1

Speaking of this dream, I remember one dream from way back when. I'm not sure if it was a dream of OldRen or RenX, but I was in the air tower at the Walls map and saw a teammate playing asteroids at a terminal instead of the real deal game of C&C Renegade. I just thought "whatever" and got right back to C&C Renegade.

Asteroids? Funny that you talk about it, someone actually made a re-imagined version of Asteroids in C&C Renegade! Take a look: XZPT1ZB8enM

Allright, back to dreams... I used to dream the most insane stuff when i was little, but i only dreamt about Renegade once, actually. I was in a random building with a small squad following me, i shot this flamethrower and hid in a corner afterward. Seconds later a Chem trooper attacked me, for some reason i did nothing for a couple of seconds until i shot him. The scary thing about this is that i actually felt the damage-over-time effect. Afraid as my little self was for pain at that time, i tried to escape by climbing up a chimney(!), after which the game took on a bird's eye view and i managed to reach the top. After that, the dream ended.

Asteroids? Funny that you talk about it, someone actually made a re-imagined version of Asteroids in C&C Renegade! Take a look: XZPT1ZB8enM

I actually was on this the other day haha. The hands on that server before you start the game are great.