Lakeside feedback.

First of all I would like to see the map without aircraft.

Mainly though, I came to complain that its pretty fucking unfair how easily GDI can walk into the Nod base.

Turrets are ineffective against infantry, while the guard towers are good against infantry and even medium armor. So Hotwires can just waltz on into the Nod base as long as they make sure not to be seen, meanwhile the invisible assholes from Nod have to worry about guard towers making them into swiss cheese. Sure you CAN sneak in, but its a lot harder.

Maybe, just maybe, it should be a little more difficult for those SBH's to sneak in. Seeing as they're invisible and all, but not to the extent that it is currently.

Also nobody uses that tunnel in the middle of the map, maybe do something with it? Maybe make that tunnel go up and lead to those cliff-paths that lead to each teams refinery or something?

I actually am fine with aircraft, the only thing I don't like is that against an actually GOOD team, sneaking into the GDI base is hella hard. What with the guard towers and positions of buildings. Like, airstrip is easy to access from the riverside and destroy - in fact, it's usually destroyed FIRST because of how easy it is - which I think that one of the SAMs should be moved back there to defend it, considering there's an AA defense back near the WF AND ontop of it.

Furthermore, yeah, back to positioning of certain buildings. Airstrip is relatively easy to sneak into, as defense is primarily focused on HoN or people fighting on the field. The War Factory, however, is hard because there's a load of open space where they can be seen, and the only other entrance? Get rekt by guard towers.

The original game had flying and non-flying versions of Walls and City. Maybe both versions could be made playable for Lakeside? Lakeside is actually a really fun map for tankplay but you will often be killed by a helicopter or orca if you drive around outside the base, especially as nod.

I'd really love flying and non-flying versions of maps and wish it would/could be implemented.

Just make the stairs on buildings toggleable and dynamic, so they aren't built with the lights or something along those lines? Right now I never grab a med, light or artillery because they're sitting ducks for Apaches and Orcas.. But I think this large field can be good for tankplay.

Since everyone is posting their opinions here about the map i will do so aswell (my apologies if my reasoning is flawed).

What I really find a bit unfair is how clumped up are the GDI buildings (making it easier to defend all of them at once and to transition from one building to an other to repair) and how far away is the nod AS from the HON and REF.

Now I know that the Strip is massive and you can't do much about that, but wouldnt be a good idea to move the air tower to the other side of the strip maybe? (from betwen the strip and the river to betwen hon and strip).

• Totem Arts Staff

About the Guard Towers. I noticed that it already fires when not even rotated to the enemy. Turrets first rotate to the enemy and then they fire. And the rotation speed of the guard towers has to be lowered

In regards to structure placement, I feel like the position of the Strip should be switched with the Ref and HoN. That way, it would solve the problem of the Strip being too far away to defend, leaving a coordinated infantry assault with aerial vehicles the only real threat as far as I see. This is because that, with this, the tall HoN would no longer be obstructing as cover for GDI inf and orcas that sneak in from behind, allowing SAMs to fire past and take down the vehicles due to the Strip's lower height. Furthermore, the Strip, aside from the staircase, would only have one main entrance just like the Barracks' - making it rather even for both sides. As for SAM site placement, I feel like one in between the Ref, HoN, and Strip would be an adequate place, while the second should be placed on the HoN roof like in Whiteout. This would make both bases kind of like a mirror of one another. Aside from structural placement, I don't know how to balance it further on the actual out-of-base conflict zones.