CnC - Fort

nBab

Plus if we have 4 icons at the side they will go over chat messages. unless they are in 2 columns like my previous post.

I have no idea how making the interface in UDK works, but I'm guessing the icons are now centered, so when you add more icons, that icon section(?) grows in height both upwards and downwards, right?

If you can have that anchor point set at the top of the icon section, the icon section should only grow in height towards the mini map/bottom.

Again I have no idea how the UDK interface system works, I've only worked with UE4 and Unity interfaces in Game Engines. But I hope you get what I mean :P

There's no space at the bottom either. below the icons is where it displays who killed who and who captured what :P

And btw Icon positions are set manually in the flash file and then they get scaled to different resolutions. (using scaleform)

I'll try writing a mutator to add the silo icons to other maps but first need to fix the bugs and get this map ready :P

• Totem Arts Staff

UI making in UDK uses two ways. Canvas and Scaleform

Canvas dated as far back as Unreal Engine 1, using script and set of Texture2D images cobbled into a neat UI. UDK used this once for HUD as well as the now defunct UI menu creator. The function for canvas and such are still there, and it is used to create the list of players in RenX (on the right side, not the tab UI.

Updates later, UDK finally got the Scaleform UI license, a UI made using Flash swf. The UI is far more enhanced and less hassling with scripts. You need to have some knowledge in ActionScript 2.0 or 3.0 as well, however, and an Adobe Flash Pro. You can try a free flash creator app but it's not supported and not recommended.

You can use either, or both. Depends on you

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update this thread to let you know that i have fixed the bugs and updated the map. i won't be putting it up for download however as i've rewritten the mutator and it won't work with the current version of the game. it needs the changes that will be coming with the new release and fort will be included in it, so you can see it then :P

Change list :

- Fixed the mutator spamming the logs on other maps.

- Fixed places you could get stuck between rocks and the walls around base entrances.

- Made a better end game cinematic sequence.

- Added lens flare to tiberium fields.

- Added collision to the big middle tiberium crystals in tiberium fields.

- Added some containers/prop to bases.

- Slight fix, fixed a rock near airstrip.

- Adjusted the path nodes for GDI harvester again.

- Changed the tech icon location to the bottom of the screen and in a similar size/style to building icons.

- Fixed a spot you could get out of the map from.

- Added vehicle blocking volumes to containers to prevent vehicles from going on top of them.

- Overall raised the height of vehicle block volumes in the map. (no more flying stanks :P)

- Made a better minimap for the day version and new one for the night version.

- Made the night version darker overall.

- Adjusted the wf ramp to prevent getting stuck there.

- Fixed the mutator adding health on other maps(doesn't run on other maps anymore).

- Added lens flare for the sun in the day version.

- Built light with precomputed visibility.

- Slight fix, flying rocks near weaponsfactory and airstrip.

- Added lights to the entrances of silo tunnel.

Some Screenshots:

05.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

P.S you won't need to load the mutator manually in the command line anymore.

• 1 month later...

Overall I like this map, however, I think the buildings are too far apart this makes nukes / ions quite easy. Also there are stairs on the all buildings so that adds to the difficulty of defusing.

A revision where the buildings are closer together would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...
in 1 game i saw GDI getting a transport chopper, how exactly that happened I don't know, some people said 1 of the guys hijacked the air drop chopper...

Any ideas?

I think Kaiser once had a Chinook from a crate, but this was even before beta 5.21 was released.

in 1 game i saw GDI getting a transport chopper, how exactly that happened I don't know, some people said 1 of the guys hijacked the air drop chopper...

Any ideas?

I think Kaiser once had a Chinook from a crate, but this was even before beta 5.21 was released.

I actually bought it in the WF, not knowingly or willingly though. There was a nuke on WF that was not disarmed in time, so 2-3 seconds before impact I bought a Hover MRLS (vehicle slot 6 in the menu if I'm not mistaken). Other players' vehicles were delivered first so when the WF blew up, I had to wait for the airdrop. Instead of my Hover MRLS, it brought me a Chinook, which usually is vehicle slot 6 on regular flying maps. I can only assume that there was a slight problem in the kismet or mutator or whatever nBab implemented to add TS vehicles to the purchase menu causing the game to mix these two up.

Not sure if it is fixed, I haven't tried to reproduce. Pretty sure it did happen in 5.21 though, Ryz, since I remember it was on a regular public game. It was quite funny, there were some hilarious reactions on the chat when GDI suddenly had a chinook on a non-flying map. :D

This happens because of the way airdrop chinook checks the vehicle classes. it looks in the default purchase system class not the current one. as you said this only happens when you purchase one of TS vehicles before WF/Strip goes down. i will fix it in the next patch. thanks for letting me know :P

The idea was to make it easier to infiltrate buildings and place beacons for sneakers since the base has only one vehicle entrance and is easy to defend. but since the buildings are far apart and it takes a while to reach a building and defuse the beacon, stairs indeed seem unnecessary. they will most likely be removed in one of the future updates.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...