Make Ren-X Great Again (YouTube Campaign)

Redline

DPp7AZJ.jpg

Do you want America....I mean Ren-x to be great again?

Do you want more than 2 populated servers?

Do you want more variety and gameplay choices from multiple servers?

Then Ren-x needs more players.

How do we get more players? Advertising. Youtube and Twitch. Free & Easy.

So how can you help? [sERIOUS REPLIES ONLY]

Add the contact information of your favorite youtubers and twitch streamers to the google excel sheet link below. Focus on smaller to medium size (15k-250k subscribers). Language specific (german, french)...and Indie specific youtubers are also a prime target. Very low success rate for 500k+ subscribers, but we should try a few.

DO NOT CONTACT THEM YET. I will write up a formal request / message.

CROWDSOURCED SPREADSHEET LINK

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Once we get a few youtubers on board. We bring them on to teamspeak for gameplay or a PUG. They create a review video, and everybody wins.

483208412-real-estate-tycoon-donald-trump-flashes-the-thumbs-up.jpg.CROP_.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Edited by Guest

I would prefer you delete your comment.

Help or don't post. Advertising is a good thing period. Youtubers provide better feedback then any of us fanboys.

I'm looking for positivity in this thread about showing off the best of Ren-X. The game will never be "finished". If this was a trump rally we'd throw you out.

Twitch could do wonders as well.

I was considering something like this long ago with someone like jacksepticeye, but he rarely to never does PVP games, and even if he does then it's usually a game that is very simple and has almost no learning curve. Which is not what renegade x is. Their time is valuable, so learning the game is not something they want to take a lot of time. There would need to be some real incentive for them to do this

• Totem Arts Staff

Streaming / Recording PUGs will be the best Advertising, PUG shows all things you can do in this Game like: Teamplay,Fun,Good Strategies,Hard Battles,Emotions @ TS, Sideshow of the Maps etc.

Always to stream RenX is an good Advertising, sometimes there will be some Peoples how take a look into the Unknown Game, see that crazy and funny Stuff and will try a look because it's totally Free!

I'll add another 10 guys to the youtube list this weekend.

We really need language specific youtubers too. (German, French, etc...) not just the popular standard english speaking guys.

Focus on medium sized youtubers (30k subs-300k), people that cover indies more often, etc...

Remember these guys get emails from dozens of devs every day asking them to check out their "super awesome new game".

And yes. We are going to build more walls, walls 24/7 servers...and MAKE NOD PAY FOR IT.

I was thinking That here in Montreal in july we will have the 8e Comiccon of Montréal .That could be a great occasion to pass a Flyer at the entrance with RenX infos on it ;) or having a small space inside

I will try to get in contact with http://multijoueur.ca that are partner wit comiccon if they can do something either at comiccon or on their website

mmmm I guess....but that's a bit off topic.

The best way to effectively reach a multiple new markets of gamers is youtube. Can we please focus on that in this thread....

I need 100-200 youtubers on this list for this to work. Also adding contact info to game review sites such as kotaku, ign, etc...would be a good idea too.

I appreciate the suggestion. it's just digital advertising with reach more people, a more targeted market, etc, etc...

we have 9 youtubers so far. Im hoping anytime someone posts here they are adding more names to the excel sheet. The purpose of this thread is to build that list.

Or you could do this at your comicon

RjHbHaN.gif

Edited by Guest

Doesn't dev team have someone who takes care of PR stuff?

I know that there was already talk about TotalBiscuit covering RenX again, and it would be very unprofessional if he got conflicting information from two sources.

I think that before you send those Youtubers on list anything, it should get approved by RenX dev team, or at least you should post it here, so that we review it.

No they don't. Anyone is free to ask a youtuber to cover Renx. Totem art can't control that. But I am working with Glacious (dev) and plan on including a new video he is working on in the msg. Of course i'll post it here. Afterall I'm crowdsourcing this effort, but will do the bulk work.

Efforts will be coordinated so duplicate msg's are not sent. Additional columns of info will be added to the excel.

I suggest removing PewDiePie from the list. Think about it, do we really want anyone from his audience playing with us?

Considering his audience is gigantic, I am sure that I would thoroughly enjoy playing with a lot of them. I highly doubt someone like him would take the time to learn the game enough to put his own gameplay up on YT, though.

Can we combine this with a press release? I can't find the topic I once made about, but what if we would send a press release to game journalist in every country (in their own language) so it would come on hundreds of mainstream game sites and perhaps related printed media. I can imagine the last would motivate some 'old gamers' off Renegade to get back.

I for example 'ended up' in Renegade cause of the dutch 'technews' website tweakers.net. 200 'newssites' on the list and maybe 50 placing the article would bring a huge amount of traffic, imagine it would be more.

Can we combine this with a press release? I can't find the topic I once made about, but what if we would send a press release to game journalist in every country (in their own language) so it would come on hundreds of mainstream game sites and perhaps related printed media. I can imagine the last would motivate some 'old gamers' off Renegade to get back.

I for example 'ended up' in Renegade cause of the dutch 'technews' website tweakers.net. 200 'newssites' on the list and maybe 50 placing the article would bring a huge amount of traffic, imagine it would be more.

I think it will greatly help if it's the full release.

It was posted on a lot of news sites because the open beta phase was launched, it's newsworthy again when it's a full release I think. Not when it's simply 'beta 6'.

And i'm not saying we should just name this version into a full release, the game needs a bit more polishing, and maybe a tutorial. And personally I think the commander mod should be added to the main game.

This project will never be fully done, and there will never be that golden moment. Its been 2+ years since beta came out.

I'm hoping to ride the momentum of a new patch...that will prob have: New Launcher, Artic_Stronghold, Cliffside, Reservoir?, or any other map that is ~1 month or less rdy for release.

In regards to commander mod, I'm looking into UI work I could do, but thats months away. I'm taking inspiration from TF2, and BF3/4. I need to get in contact with the old UI dev ideally.

2 Seperate emails will be written. 1 for Youtubers. 1 for Gaming Sites.

There is a section in the excel sheet for Press Release gaming sites. Add to it. Find a massive prebuilt list like I did. Its out there.

All help in building the excel sheet is greatly appreciated. Thinking of editing CNC_Walls and adding more walls. #Makingdonaldproud.

This project will never be fully done, and there will never be that golden moment. Its been 2+ years since beta came out.

The game will be finished eventually. Here is a post about what we're actively working on and what needs to be finished at some point -- once this list is completed, the game will be much closer to finished: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=76285

Ideally we would do a large campaign when 1.0 eventually gets done and pushed. Many game reviewers will not review the same game twice, and many gamers will not play betas. Keep those 2 things in mind when doing any advertising.

I think the keyword here is "eventually" and how long? There are a good amount of dev's, but mostly mappers, and when your developing for free the progress is slow. (That will never be on steam/origin).

Perhaps we save the review sites for that 1.0, but I desperately believe Renx needs a blast of 3-6 youtube review videos. In the timeline of in 1-2 months. There is always an endless supply of 1000's of "Game reviewer" youtubers. That feedback is critical to what 1.0 looks like.

That uptick in player interest could bring back interest and motivation from inactive developers, and bring new ones too! I think that 1.0 will get here quick if we bring a little spotlight back to Renx. So perhaps we save some of this list, but no advertising is not an option for reaching the best end 1.0 product in my opinion.

I have nothing against advertising. I'm just saying to try to keep the best for last, since the game is relatively near completion.

The only reason I can foresee us not at least being in a release-candidate state by the end of the year would be that we lack a dedicated UI programmer.

I think you should focus on game review channels such as MMOBomb, Gamespot, Lazy Game Reviews, FreeMMOStation.com etc., rather than lets play channels.

Many let's players simply don't have enought time and will to learn such a game like RenX is.. they may even decrease it's reputation due to their not understanding this style. I can imagine pewdiepie come too early saying "...oh.. nobody is playing this game *smile*"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are my thoughts.

1. Thank you for putting effort and thought into this. We need more people like you who want to get things done.

2. RenX has some unique features but other similar PvP games are far more polished and, well, big, and thus for the average player they will tend to go there instead if sticking with it

3. That means that RenX exposure should focus on the one thing that makes it truly stand out, which is the C&C universe. That in turn means maintaining announcement threads etc. in all big C&C forums, and also check if there are any YT people who have some connection to the C&C games, and ry to get them interesting in covering RenX.

• 2 months later...

any news about this?
I have noticed that we currently have quite a lot of RenX footage on Youtube, but most videos have low view count, because we (RenX community) are the only ones watching them. Would it make sense to filter out few videos the best represent the current RenX game and post those to some wider gaming communities? (/r/gaming comes to mind)

• Totem Arts Staff

You can start off by sharing to CNC communities as a whole.   I am actually seeing more people mentioning Command and Conquer games lately and makes me wonder how much more are out there.

Edit:  Here is a good example, just recently I posted a video about Renegade X.  Posting that video just for the Renegade X community gives me around 130 views.  However over at http://www.cncnz.com/ who picked up on my video, exposes it to a larger audience of CNC fans.  As a result my video currently grew to over 400 views and climbing.

Edited by LavaDr4gon

Best thing to do is wait for the real release then do an all-out advertising push. But the devs need to make sure everything is perfect otherwise potential players will lose interest fast like when the beta was released. Also they better hurry up, it's nearing the 3-year mark since the beta was released. Most AAA titles would be lucky to still have interest after that amount of time. 

Edited by Valor

• 1 month later...