C&C Paradise

DoctorAnubis

The map is coming along, some really cool and sneaky areas have been created and look like they will work well. Does anybody know of a way to force first person view in certain areas of the map, within a volume perhaps?

Tunnels are an important area of the map, this one holds a purchase terminal

nowip.jpg.cbbcb1b85784a41f6ba5c7eac5d97f0c.jpg

14.jpg.0455033bb995c80a014eb97076e8b06a.jpg

Edited by Guest

Either this or add a blockingvolume above the tunnel so the camera gets blocked.

yeah but this usually creates very strange camera angles, where you can't see shit... would force the player to go first person... it is a little bit annoying and new players maybe don't know how to change to first person...

Thanks for the suggestions about the refinery fix guys, I will have a go at sorting out those a bit later and let you know when they are working :)

@rocky44r I actually do want the roof accessible. I have been playing around with a few of the structures to make them more unique for the map. Trying to keep things balanced in terms of mines too, HON on my map only uses one door for example. On these two images I've marked the potential mining areas.

Weapons Factory has one main entrance and a ladder to access the roof/rear. An area of containers next to it balances that the Airstrip can be easily attacked due to it's size with beacons.

wf.jpg.e9227d0b6541b506843dd68e8f0cbf03.jpg

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
Started on the jungle/volcano Vehicle and Infantry alternate route. There's a silo half way...of course.

[attachment=0]jungle.jpg[/attachment]

Looking good

Hint: use foliage for bushes, grass. And put it near tree's.

Nice nice, also the volcano and the cranes, good work. Not sure what you are doing with the airstrip, the sandbags are for defence or cover when sneaking in?

Thanks. A bit of both with the sandbags, they aid jumping through the tower window and provide cover.

I'm currently having trouble with the palm trees from 'Islands', they seem to only be affected by wind on 'Islands' and when I place them onto my map they don't move. I have a working 'winddirectionalsource' which works on every other tree. I've even tried copying them straight from 'Islands' into my map, but they still lose the wind animation. Anyone else encountered this or know why this is?

if winds dont effect the tree frons the material most probably isnt set up with wind offset

this.

You can study the proper tree material that moves and compare that to the tropical tree material so you can rebuild your own material for the tropical tree

Thanks gents, I will have a dig around

Really nice! I like how colourful everything is.

You could vertex paint those rocks so the parts near the lava are glowing or are darker.

And I don't know how the map layout is, but what would be cool is if you'd animate a boat that comes by once every x minutes. That's just an idea I had for a waterside map I was making once (but quit).

Really nice! I like how colourful everything is.

You could vertex paint those rocks so the parts near the lava are glowing or are darker.

And I don't know how the map layout is, but what would be cool is if you'd animate a boat that comes by once every x minutes. That's just an idea I had for a waterside map I was making once (but quit).

Thank you. Ah vertex paint sounds fun, not used that before, it's my first time on unreal apart from the additions I made to Hourglass. Sounds like vertex paint will make the volcano look a lot less shit lol. So I can paint dark and light marks onto each rock?

Good idea with the boat, I may include that as a nice little detail. I've currently got McFarland walking around the Nod beach bar pretending to serve drinks while chatting smack lol, I'm assuming his quotes are from the single player thing, it works really well :D Might have a gym on GDIs beach, or leave it empty as the GDI scum deserve. The map is pretty much perfectly symmetrical, so I have to do a few things to differentiate the sides.

Trying to locate a fair position for the communications center is going to prove difficult as I don't want it on the same path as the silo, I will have to work some magic there. From doing playthroughs in my mind I see this map will only work well with large teams as the buildings are scattered about the same distances as Goldrush. There are 2 vehicle paths into the refinery/vehicle base and 1into the Guard Tower/infantry base.

• Totem Arts Staff
about time some one made a volcanic map

There is one Volcano, you made it yourself :D

never knew that ........ shhh but there is actuly 2 volcano's one on volcano its self and one in another map ... but thats not the point .... what i should of said is .....

about time some one out side of the dev team made a volcanic map

but any way its looking sexie as ... hope it playes as well as it looks

about time some one made a volcanic map

There is one Volcano, you made it yourself :D

never knew that ........ shhh but there is actuly 2 volcano's one on volcano its self and one in another map ... but thats not the point .... what i should of said is .....

about time some one out side of the dev team made a volcanic map

but any way its looking sexie as ... hope it playes as well as it looks

Thanks Kenz yes I assumed the lava materials were your handiwork, they look great. I found an arched bridge static mesh in the volcano package which looked perfect on my map, for some reason when I build lighting however the top of it turns jet black, possibly because parts of it go into the landscape.

I too am hoping it plays out well, there's a lot of things that haven't been done before in terms of the bases so we will see how that plays out. I will do a top down view when I get home

This is the main infantry high route, where you head across a rope bridge towards the GDI Tunnel Systems, typical location for the mystery box. Below this is a cave which is the vehicle path. Vehicles can go either left or right to access different parts of the base.

nowip.jpg.cbbcb1b85784a41f6ba5c7eac5d97f0c.jpg

gdibase4.jpg.212105e0a39fbc8a14ae5923a7058d2b.jpg

cascading shadow settings in the main light you use (domenent directinal light?)

Thanks Kenz that's the one. So now when the camera is close it starts drawing decent shadows. What's a sensible number here, does this number set the distance which they are rendered. I would love to crank it right up.