Crash Upon Joining a Server

Axpez

So I've yet to play this seemingly awesome game due to it crashing after it finishes playing the unreal engine intro, or after the actual loading sequence with something about battlefield at the bottom. I've redownloaded directx (and net framework) multiple times, driver is up to date, uninstall and reinstalled the game (different links as well) and even set it true and false in default settings. I've searched the forums but alas to no avail. I couldn't find the solution. Oh and one quick note, whenever i launch the game the loading symbol for my cursor appears, is that normal? Oh and it lags a bit when playing the intros as well, mostly for Totem Arts cutscene. :confused:

Launch.log

It sounds like your display driver may have crashed (since that's the only time I've gotten that error). That could be caused by a hardware fault, overheating, a faulty driver, or maybe just not having the performance necessary to run the game. In my case, under-clocking my GPU's memory clock resolved some crashing issues in a number of games for me (including Renegade X).

What kind of computer? This could also be, laptop, bad integrated graphics, dedicated gpu for gaming, and the game ignoring the dedicated and trying (and failing) the integrated to run it.

Though if it isn't a laptop or isn't using integrated and dedicated, then disregard, but still nice to know hardware, gpu, ram, os, ect...

Yerp, its a laptop. I used a tool to find the info, ask me if you need any other specific information. Just letting you know Renegade X is the only game I can't play sadly. Games i can play include : minecraft, airmech, s4 league, unturned, and so on. However alot of them are laggy.

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz

Manufacturer Intel

Speed 2.1 GHz

Number of Cores 2

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Manufacturer NVIDIA

Chipset GeForce 8600M GT

Dedicated Memory 256 MB

Total Memory 2.0 GB

Memory 4.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

• Totem Arts Staff

8600 GT is a extremely old card ... i had 2 8800GT's in sli when i started on the beta testing renx (black dawn) i had to upgrade to a bigger card right away and the mp version is more of a proformance hit then black dawn was

also had a amd athlon x2 and had to upgrade that to something bigger

saying all this i could still play the game ... but it was choppy and not worth playing

your rig will struggle to play renx even on low settings