Little help from community ?

IonTech

Hello Renegades, you all probably know me, yes, this little player since the end of Beta 2

I've stopped playing few weeks ago, main reason was that I bought Battlefield 3 and 4 + my projects like trailer of Crash Site by Ruud, which was supposed to be placed on main page with patch when map is released, but that never happend (idk why) here you can see it:

Purpose of this theard is to ask if Devs will accept community help, I was asked by Glacious to help him with custom loading screens, I was happy that I can make this game better. I've made simple loading bar and some info bars:

I didnt made anything better, because after I've sent it to Glacious he told me that Devs wont use it cause they will do it on their own. When I entered yesterdays PUG I saw new loading screen and I was excepting something better, I dont know if this quality was decreased specially to look like gif from old Ren but.. lel :confused:

Also I was suprised that game looks worse than before but I think that was caused by that the Mesa day version looks ugly.

So I cant help this game by filling servers, but I can make some vfx, of course if you want. :)

Glacious made all the new loadingscreens. He did offer his help to make them and he showed us a demo and so it happened. If you did send him your work and he didn't use it then I guess he didn't like it. The quality of the loading movies looks worse in UDK then in the movie editor somehow. Seems UDK compresses it or something. Still they look good.

About your crash site demo I don't know if you talked with any dev about it. If you'd ask me I'd tell you that I found the vid ok but not exactly newsworthy as it really didn't show anything of the map. I wasn't sure what I was watching and why that should be interesting. A trailer for a map should contain more from the map itself imho.

Isn't that done with just screen recording software? I can't run the game on 60FPS together with Ultra settings and recording software..

And about map trailers, how about the one I and Madkill made for Snow? I've sent it to 2 people I think. It shows the map. suggested to post it on the Facebook page.

The loading screens are literally just gameplay recorded at max settings using a few commands (god, fly, togglescreenshotmode) and then a PNG image overlayed ontop of the video along with a loading bar animation, if you want me to I can make a post and provide the Sony Vegas template and Photoshop image file so you can make your loading screens in the same style. As RypeL has mentioned regardless of the quality the loading screens are recorded and rendered at the game seems to compress the files even further I assume to cope with multiple screen resolutions that we all use.

Iontech, I have PM'ed you about the loading bar.

Have to say that the low quality graphic suprised me when i saw it eek(map loading)

About IonTech video ,i saw it not too long ago(didnt comment on it) but found it pretty cool and well done.

I think iontech has talent and something cool can be done with hes participation.

The loading game screen (Totem Art) could be replace by something more of the two factions ingame ..that represent more the game (remember the original renegade intro)

I think iontech has talent and something cool can be done with hes participation.

The loading game screen (Totem Art) could be replace by something more of the two factions ingame ..that represent more the game (remember the original renegade intro)

If I could make game intro I would be so happy, it would be my masterpiece :)

Loading screens are good to me, doesn't it also have something to do with your PC setup?

I will check that again .. It felt like a picture that is strech more than his original size and lost his quality..nvm ill check

Edit : migth look better in a window mode tho (smaller)

Edit 2: Well its not so bad tbh