Request: Nod Guard Towers

Henk

Hi,

I know the factions are different, and GDI focusses more on keeping infantry out, especially sneaky SBH's, and Nods defense focusses on hitting tanks hard with their Obelisk and turrets. But GDI can be sneaky too, and there's no option for me in the SDK to give Nod a Guard Tower instead of a turret. The turret is just too weak versus infantry for my map. And I don't want to add an obelisk, change the layout or dump more turrets in there.

I have tried replacing some properties the turret has, i've taken the turret and replaced the Skeletal Mesh, Anim Tree Template, Physics Asset and Morph Set with the Guard Tower ones, but it doesn't shoot me. I also copied the Seats property, which includes the Gun Class. It makes it look like a Guard Tower, it's faction is Nod text still says turret.

Only thing that works is changing the gunclass to Rx_Defende_GuardTower_Weapon, but having machine gun rounds coming out of the turret barrel just looks weird.

What do I need to do to get a Nod Guard Tower?

• Totem Arts Staff
Hi,

I know the factions are different, and GDI focusses more on keeping infantry out, especially sneaky SBH's, and Nods defense focusses on hitting tanks hard with their Obelisk and turrets. But GDI can be sneaky too, and there's no option for me in the SDK to give Nod a Guard Tower instead of a turret. The turret is just too weak versus infantry for my map. And I don't want to add an obelisk, change the layout or dump more turrets in there.

I have tried replacing some properties the turret has, i've taken the turret and replaced the Skeletal Mesh, Anim Tree Template, Physics Asset and Morph Set with the Guard Tower ones, but it doesn't shoot me. I also copied the Seats property, which includes the Gun Class. It makes it look like a Guard Tower, it's faction is Nod text still says turret.

Only thing that works is changing the gunclass to Rx_Defende_GuardTower_Weapon, but having machine gun rounds coming out of the turret barrel just looks weird.

What do I need to do to get a Nod Guard Tower?

Copy the RX_Defence_GuardTower.uc file to a new directory and open it. In the file you need to change team. If you see: TEAM_GDI, change it to TEAM_NOD. I believe that will do it

Btw. Change the name to RX_Defence_GuardTower_Nod so you know for which team it is

Not sure if this works reliably or in multiplayer, but...You can accomplish this with kismet.

See: http://i.imgur.com/ixur1vw.png

Tested locally and it changed the guard tower to nod and shot me.

In theory you could just copy the guard tower or turret file and make whatever you want by changing the vehicle weapons. Could probably make a turret that shoots raveshaw beams if you wanted.

• Totem Arts Staff
Not sure if this works reliably or in multiplayer, but...You can accomplish this with kismet.

See: http://i.imgur.com/ixur1vw.png

Tested locally and it changed the guard tower to nod and shot me.

In theory you could just copy the guard tower or turret file and make whatever you want by changing the vehicle weapons. Could probably make a turret that shoots raveshaw beams if you wanted.

Bananas are you working on a new map btw. CNC-Heartbreak

I think this isn't going to work in multiplayer, as the TeamID has to be replicated in a multiplayer server. I'd say test it out first, in a small testmap or something.

If it doesn't work, I can write a mutator for you that allows you to place Nod guard towers if you like.