autoupdate stuck

Xtractor

Also had issues with the auto updater, as soon as I use the mirror with the manual patch it works... But the auto updater just takes hours with almost no progress.

Second issue: some of the download mirrors for the complete game, including the torrent, do not work.

bleh. after a while i wanted to try out the new contents and did a reinstall of renx... all i got was 5.12...

but the patch 5.12 => 5.13 is down. therefore i cant use all the newer patches at all... and to top it the autoupdate is...crap. i have 120 mbit download but that updater just downloads 50kbit/s, my god. also: the german download has the version 5.112 and not 5.12 it seems(?). only the torrent was pretty fast (i guess we have to thank bong for that?)

also thanks to bong i can at least try out the new contents due to the directdownload of 5.16 in an hour or so when i downloaded those 5gbyte (i hope it works).

for new players this is however horrible. via official way you just can't patch the game to the newest version.

i also dont get why its so damn complicated sometimes... why no MEGA, dropbox oder googledrive link where you have a full library with all the previous patches and so on?

well, anyways, ty bong. someone put his 5 gigabyte dowload link in the offricial download section please.

I have everything uploaded times. Germany / Switzerland

If there who needs

http://renegade-x-forum.eu.file-server.download/

I hope that soon the full client is there. The one with the patches has become much

can I vote is linkDown

patch 5:12 => 5:13 is down

otherwise I would have loaded it up.

[version 5.112 and not 5.12 it seems?] yeah ist seems

thanks to bong everything is on the newest version now.

still, for new players its too much of struggle.

without bongs link i would have just throw the game to the trash, 'cause i simply dont have the nerves to find a god damn patch in the internet. i invested enough time in modding fallout 3 with FOSE and all that shit... searching for a lost patch isnt even half the "fun" if ya know what i mean...

torrent from bong is working pretty good. 6-8 mbyte/s ^^.

• Totem Arts Staff

Eh, Auto patcher works fine on my end... and there's literally no servers close to me. Dunno. Tried downloading from each individual mirror.

Denver 1 500KBps - 4MBps [mostly just took awhile then hung at 4MBps]

Denver 2 : 1.5 - 3MBps

Seattle 1 : 3MBps - 6MBps

Czech 1 : 900KBps -2.5MBps

Czech 2 : 750KBps - 2MBps

Czech servers are obviously the losers here... but still not giving out 10KBps or anything, not for me anyway.

Was also able to patch from beta 4 all the way up. Meh

Odd, cause I (from the Netherlands) had the problem many times, but I fixed it by using the manual patch. Same goes for Machette. Since I have no clue what the cause is, I can't really post in depth about it.

Odd, cause I (from the Netherlands) had the problem many times, but I fixed it by using the manual patch. Same goes for Machette. Since I have no clue what the cause is, I can't really post in depth about it.

I can confirm the slow download. I'll take a look at the patcher if I can find something. Even though the patcher is (I think) a third party tool.

Edit: Patcher is partially part of launcher, not completely

I poked through the launcher and its patcher library and can't really conclude anything...

The patcher checks the ping of the available servers and selects the best server with a ping < 500ms

After that the Xdelta patcher downloads and applies it. I'm not familiar with Xdelta and really don't have the time to delve into the inner workings of it. If there is a problem, it could be with the Xdelta patcher. I can try and update it (As it is open source 'n stuff), but it will take time.

You can try and download the binaries of Xdelta yourself and overwrite the original (Back up first :))

It's quite odd that some people have slow downloads and others don't. Perhaps the Czech server is having problems?

Looking at the screenshot in the original post, it looks more like an exceptionally long validation rather than download or application.

yes this ^^ for my case .it was my files game that was damaged ,patcher couldn't read it thus get stucked ,now its fixed

Glad it wasn't a patcher fault. I will still continue to look at the slow download problem, but on a lower priority.