Harvester spawning when Ref is destroyed

Henk

I just killed the harvester a couple of seconds before I destroyed the Refinery, and the Harvester still got dropped off, munched the tiberium, and brought the tiberium to the refinery, it did not give credits (changed team to check it) and it just went in and out of the ref bay, in less than half a second.

harv also spawns when WF/air got destroyed (and ref is still up)... in original renegade they stopped to spawn when WF/air got destroyed...

i think it got changed in ren x for balancing?

the harv in general is a little bit strange at the moment... when camped it just gives credits and points to the enemy team and pushes out your own tanks (which then immediatly get destroyed by enemy tanks)... maybe harv shouldn't autorespawn and instead needs to be purchased by players with credits?

in old ren you could block the harv... which is not possible with UDK vehicle physics :P

• Totem Arts Staff
harv also spawns when WF/air got destroyed (and ref is still up)... in original renegade they stopped to spawn when WF/air got destroyed...

i think it got changed in ren x for balancing?

Ref destruction should stop it from spawning so that's odd. WF/Air destruction, since Airdrop's existence, never stopped Harvester from spawning, but it kinda takes longer than when it's up.

the harv in general is a little bit strange at the moment... when camped it just gives credits and points to the enemy team and pushes out your own tanks (which then immediatly get destroyed by enemy tanks)... maybe harv shouldn't autorespawn and instead needs to be purchased by players with credits?

in old ren you could block the harv... which is not possible with UDK vehicle physics :P

Harvy is annoying yeah, and if you persist in your attempt to block Harvy, it can flip your vehicles upside down (Even Mammoth Tank. That happened to me twice)

another point is: the harv should be more valuable... and not just a thing that gets in your way... even for attacking teams it just messes up their attack on the buildings... on C&C RTS the harv costs 1000$...

obviously would need price adjustments in ren x, but this is just to give some ideas for future updates... maybe 300$-600$ harv purchase instead of autospawn would be a good idea and balance things out, as generally an attacking team (who already gets a lot of money by attacking buildings) would need to buy their harv and protect it somehow from infantry, instead of just getting even more money for camping enemy base... and they wouldn't get extra money/points for killing the forever spawning enemy harv...

I think the Harvester still rolls out of a Strip/WF when it has just been destroyed, it's already "purchased" by the game. Just like when you buy a tank and your Strip/WF gets destroyed, you still get your tank delivered of course. Harvester in C&C95 was $1400. But I don't think we should buy it ourselves, would just be annoying, I don't think those mechanics should be changed.

Most people already see the harvester as valuable, the first thing most people do on Walls and Whiteout for example is fight over the harvesters.