AGT on Field

Xuanne

After the recent changes to the defensive structures, Nod infantry can now run straight to the AGT or the WF without having to use smoke at all. I have also seen infantry run straight into the barracks at the start of the game, which I believe wasn't possible before.

This makes the map very skewed towards Nod, since GDI cannot do the same to Nod (like running straight to HoN).

• Totem Arts Staff
This makes the map very skewed towards Nod, since GDI cannot do the same to Nod (like running straight to HoN).

I beg to differ. GDI can also run straight to the Obelisk, and run to the HON from the front if you know what angles you're looking for.

Also known, and has nothing to do with the changes to the towers themselves.

I beg to differ. GDI can also run straight to the Obelisk, and run to the HON from the front if you know what angles you're looking for.

Also known, and has nothing to do with the changes to the towers themselves.

Really? Then what is the point of the defensive structure other than to shoot at vehicles if you can just run straight up to it? I don't recall anybody running from barracks to WF without smoke prior to the recent patch, and others have also expressed surprise at them being able to.

The thing is that on Field, the area behind the barracks and WF are rarely traversed by GDI, since they have no reason to be there other than if Nod has planted a nuke, whereas even if you used Yosh's method of juking the Obelisk and reaching HON, chances are Nod will see you since it's out in the open.

Plus if you go the airstrip tunnel route as GDI, you will have to wait for the Obelisk to power down before making another dash, whereas Nod can simply sprint straight from the tunnels to behind barracks.

I hope I am not coming across as rude or anything, as it is not my intention. I'm simply trying to point out something that didn't seem to be in the game pre-patch.

• 4 weeks later...
Advanced base defenses are dumb anyways. Glad they do less than they did.

One thing I have to say about these Advance Base Defences which I've found from my two maps

AGT, for some unknown reason sucks when shooting up - AKA Hourglass, had to raise it

Whereas The OBI, is OP, good luck GDI

On the other hand, on Stronghold, bases are raised - The AGT, is brilliant when aiming down

Whereas The OBI is shit, when shooting down, and as a result you gotta be real close for the OBI to actually shot you, when OBI would normally reach you, he doesnt - Good luck Nod

In Conclusion,

AGT - Strong aiming Down

OBI - Strong aiming Up