Airstrip VS Weapons factory

When toying with mapping myself, and this is slightly illegit but functions as intended, if you bury the end of your airstrip and/or slant your landing pad up onto a hill where sand sort of brushes up onto the length of it, and then encase the buried end of the strip in solid geometry, then it can't be beaconed or shot.

Good tip for making a GDI and Nod base that are equal sized.

Another good tip that is also illegitimate, is making a building just tall enough to block vision between two sides, and then placing projectile-blocking volumes up high to block artillery. Because if they have no line of sight of something, it isn't a stretch that they simply aren't hitting it, let them figure out why.

I have another idea (see video)...

I always thought that the Weapons factory was well, sort of, factory shaped! It's shaped appropriately considering tanks are magicked out of thin air.

The airstrip is harder to hit from distance because it's profile is so flat, this cancels out it's greater surface area. You could always make the runway section take less damage, but I'm not convinced it's needed. I'm more bothered about GDIs more frequent ability to destroy tanks as they are delivered because whenever under siege Nod loses its tank effectiveness.

I'm against hiding blue beacons inside other blue coloured lights. I also think the Airstrip tower should get the interior elevator that Thommy once put in Training-Yard or at the very least not require elite jumping skills to get inside. These imo are some of the most non-user/gamer friendly things in Ren-X.

I'm against hiding blue beacons inside other blue coloured lights. I also think the Airstrip tower should get the interior elevator that Thommy once put in Training-Yard or at the very least not require elite jumping skills to get inside. These imo are some of the most non-user/gamer friendly things in Ren-X.

It's also in Reservoir (my WIP map), one of the first things I put in as soon as the SDK was out, and it will stay in the map. It works, but in 3rd person mode the camera is a bit shaky, same as when you stand on vehicles sometimes, nothing I can do about that.