[Map] CNC-XMeteor

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Hi,

A few weeks / months ago (I dunno how long it's been) I've announced this map and I was already very very far with it's progress. Then I released it but I didn't knew about the assets of Beach Head were private assets. I didn't want to cancell the map cause I know it will be an awesome map. So I removed all the materials, assets from the map and created my own materials for the map. And as some know (If you have readed the forums) I am busy with the GDI Adv. Communication Center and the Nod Communication Center which will be in this map.

But (this is a big But) I can't really re-model it. So I want to work with a team who can remodel and texture these buildings. It is really really looking crappy now. I took a look at the Original and that even looks better. So If you are a modeler or texturer who want to help, please PM me.

but now the screenshots:

(NOTE: Lights are not build)

bwPY5Dw.jpg

WZJu2qU.png

EaKllj5.jpg

jWifZcu.jpg

iSjz3JU.jpg

And you ask: 'What about River?'. That will also come. I will first finish this map (till I can't go any further).

I am planning to redo everything on River because first of all I don't like the material of the landscape, the rocks material. I want to make it more like a foresty area where a river is

• Totem Arts Staff
well again thanks for asking to use my assets !

fix all ya other maps

Forgot to say I will still update released maps like Tomb and TrainingYard.

And btw Kenz I didn't asked to use your assets. Srry man but I like the assets so much :P

But before I gonna quit for today, I want to show give you all access to the Original Renegade WatchTower Asset: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ze9 ... 0xxSjMzRk0

Edited by Guest

• Totem Arts Staff
Do I need permission to use stuff in the sdk? O_o

No I used assets from Beach Head and that are personal assets from Kenz

Assets that are released with the SDK are free to use

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

UPDATE:

So it looks like during 5.15/5.16 days a new tech building is been added in the game files that's been modeled and scripted. So I thought why not to add it:

1bVZKcB.jpg

hmmm... so you still have to add a purpose to the tech building?

How about:

- reveals enemys on the radar

- disables enemy radar

- reduces cost for beacons and airstrikes

- gives one free beacon or airstrike every X minutes

- gives a special airstrike which can be aimed instantly (but it would still take the time until the airstrike arrives including the warning message)

- disables advanced defenses for x seconds (like on the hourglass map)

- opens a purchase terminal

- drops health pack / ammunition / armor every X minutes

- calls a free reinforcment tank every X minutes via airdrop (very intresting idea, because you would have to keep the tech building for at least X minutes - especially intresting if one or both factions lose tanks. maybe just dropping tanks to the vehicle limit of the keeping faction + 30 seconds locked for the team to prevent stealing the tank)

the last one could also become a new tech building (like the reinforcement pad in c&c generals)... i think it would be pretty good preventing stalemate when there are only limited ressources... i think it would be especially good on field xD

• Totem Arts Staff

All the ideas sounds good but I'm not the dev of the new tech building. I just found it in the game files and I can't script it and I'm not that good with Kismet

• Totem Arts Staff

So I decided to make this map more fancy by using Blue Nod buildings. I've scripted them and they are working.

Ec6fmU8.jpg

Eqy5E4B.jpg

1FgxWH2.jpg

EbPp7EO.jpg

ulnXFlo.jpg

Even the Nod Com Center

3N5Tnrh.png

Only problem is that the buildings won't be showed on the HUD

LJWllTT.png

I think it's somewhere in the HUD files but I don't know exactly where. Can someone please find out?

So I decided to make this map more fancy by using Blue Nod buildings. I've scripted them and they are working.

So, Hassan is back? What's the next step, CABAL? :o

But in all seriousness, blue nod buildings? Wouldn't that be confusing as hell? I like the fact you can do it, but I personally wouldn't do it for a release. It's your map though.

What would be even better is, if you would ask the developers to make the static mesh a variable, so we can override the material, just like i'm trying to convince them

So we can have snowy and sandy buildings! Sorry for going off-topic but I would really like that.

• Totem Arts Staff
What would be even better is, if you would ask the developers to make the static mesh a variable, so we can override the material, just like i'm trying to convince them

So we can have snowy and sandy buildings! Sorry for going off-topic but I would really like that.

Then you need to make a snowblend/sandblend material

• Totem Arts Staff

UPDATE

- Changed blue buildings to regular nod buildings

- Removed (Adv.) Communication Center because it was only a test

- Removed Com Center Tech Building because it looks unfinished and is probably unfinished

- Added some rubble to specific locations

- Added small tiberium field in the infantry path

- Refinery will give you 5 credits per second beause the harverster has to go to the center of the map and go back. Harverster will give you 500 credits when it's docked

What about City and River?

City is going to be finished. If I'm right Ruud is trying to create an overpass. I can't go any further until that's in it

River will get a new looking. I'm going to create a new landscape material that matches with the idea I have since a very long time ago :P

And when I finished River and Meteor (not sure about City), I will start a new project, cause I have a great idea for a new map. More details will come later

Also I am moving soon to a new PC which means I have to move all the maps, packages and private files.

• Totem Arts Staff
well again thanks for asking to use my assets !

We know they're your sexy assets, nobody is challenging that.

To make sure: everything are my assets. I thought I didn't said that

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Update

So It's been a while since I posted something about this map. The reason is because the work in progress has stopped for a while. And because I was busy on fixing TrainingYard.

I also did some massive changes on the map (like the name). The name has changed because I found another map called CNC-Meteor and that one was in the UT3 version of Meteor. And I don't want people to get confused about it.

Changelist

- Changed the name to CNC-XMeteor

- Time of day has been changed to the morning

- Filled up the field with tree's, bushes, grass (and more)

- Added sounds

- Added Decal roads

- Changed to Blue Tiberium (Even the Refinery silo's are filled with Blue Tiberium

5sjSDbN.jpg

- Created a new crate and is in a separate package so other mappers can use it too (Contain GDI, Nod and Neutral version)

Screenshots

hJpDSW2.jpg

ZvG6guH.jpg

Tg3Z5Fh.jpg

CLoLpRw.jpg

• Totem Arts Staff
From what I can see on the pictures, the colors don't seem to match so well.. the grass looks oversaturated

Lighting isn't builded yet. I first need to build that and then I can fix grass color

• Totem Arts Staff

So a small question to you guys. I came up with a weird thing I never saw:

lnZaST8.jpg

What is this kinda weird volume? I can't see that in editor, but when I play in editor, it appears. Anyone knows what it is?

And yeah another change...........I want it to gave it a night time. And it reminds me of Black Dawn

• 5 months later...