Chaingunner deals 0 damage

Mystic~

I was playing a game of Grassy-knoll earlier, planted an Ion Cannon beacon next to the side of the Nod refinery and re-treated back into cover. A tech predictably showed up to disarm it, so I let loose with my Chaingunner - and it did 0 damage to him. No head-shot damage, no body damage, nothing. I even closed the distance down to point blank range and got through an entire clip. Now I think someone else mentioned something similar about Techs but I can't find the thread. The animation was working fine but the weapon wasn't killing the enemy player.

[edit]Renamed thread to more accurately describe issue[/edit]

Edited by Guest

I once had the idea that I bumped into a person which couldn't aim, cause I didn't get any damage, but this could explain it... I really didn't pay attention to it, cause I was too busy to place C4 and since I can't aim myself... I tried to evade them. I think we can test this easily?

I think this is an issue with guns, and not with the tech, if I'm not mistaken? Or has it only happened with techs? I had it once with the chaingun myself and assumed I was being dropped from the server, but wasn't. It seemed like client-side and server-side weren't agreeing with something

This isn't specific to this bug, but I was playing a Marathon game a few days ago and two of us tried to sync placing our nuke beacons at the same time. I thought the other guy placed early, but it turns out his timer was something like 10 seconds faster than mine; so client and server don't always perfectly sync stuff.