possible to reskin so it can be launched on steam?

brucewilliskillus

Has anyone ever considered doing as few changes as possible just so the game will not have CNC IP, (maybe future USA v future China instead of GDI vs NOD) so it could be released on steam? Keep it the exact same gameplay-wise with base v base and classes but just don't use the CNC universe. This would allow it to be released on steam and access a HUGE market. While we all love renegade and CNC, the core gameplay is great in renegade X and a change in models wouldnt diminish that. It would allow the dev team to recieve donations or charge for the game if they wanted. The game has come so far and is great, I know people will play it regardless of whether it is set in the CNC universe because at its core the game is fun. A proper response from EA is highly unlikely so why let the game go to waste? There is a massive market for free to play games on steam and such a quality and fun game such as this would surely pick up a lot of players.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gameplay is so unique that it doesn't need to CNC name to stand out IMO. A change such as this would bring about more players, and short of EA allowing it to be released on steam in it's current form, is the best chance at establishing a solid community. What is there to lose?

There's not enough manpower in the dev team for modeling and such to fully reskin the game. It's been discussed before, but at this point there's no motivation to move away from c&c. Getting in contact with EA is a more easy and realistic way to expand the playerbase.

I doubt a simple reskin and name change would do aynthing from a legal standpoint. EA has cease and desisted for far less than that.

I don't think certain gameplay mechanics can really be patented or copyright protected in any way, or am I wrong?

Games borrow/copy mechanics from other games for as long as they exist, I don't see how this mechanic couldn't be copied.

But reskinning is too much work anyway, and I'm afraid the game would lose a lot of it's charm. But that depends on the creativity and Art Direction of those who would reskin it..

They already have legally relevant documents where fobby/havoc have asked them permission and EA has given it to them so long as it is not monetized. I am not positive of the legal indications at play, but a reskin would be "grey-area" at best and cease and desist at worst

I doubt a simple reskin and name change would do aynthing from a legal standpoint. EA has cease and desisted for far less than that.

I don't think certain gameplay mechanics can really be patented or copyright protected in any way, or am I wrong?

Oh don't worry, EA tried to trademark the word "Ghost". Nothing is too crazy for them.

• 3 weeks later...
Forget about EA dreams.....

I Say we should go for a reskin than.

We go on with the game like it is but (After brainstorm a Brand new RenX World(and if you want some ideas for it im not bad at it :cool: ))

We introduce one or more of these assets/skins (Names,buildings,vehicules,characters)to replace the actual one until all of them are gone .

Its a long shot but in the end we will have a new cool game in a slow transition That will work similar to Renegade.

Theres plenty of students out there that would be please to participate for their Exam project on Renx ..imo ;p

Reviving This thread as New info About EA saying No go on STEAM.

Devs We go for it^^ (reskin)?

this was asked so many times... and also answerd as many... it's too much work. an other problem is: who would decide how the new models should look?

the only way i see this happening is if someone creates a few new models and makes his own mod of ren x... if people like it and the modeler gives all rights for the models to totem arts, maybe there will be a steam release...

but as we are short on moddelers in the community (do we have any?), i don't think this will happen...

Lets get straight to the point. We need concept and I am sure that many volunteers will involve. Me personally can dust off my 3d modeling and animation experiences to recreate some characters. Just tell us criteria that we should keep in mind while modeling, discuss the concept and tell us what you need so we can begin.

Well, assuming that you (developers) do really want any change and want help from comunity.

this was asked so many times... and also answerd as many... it's too much work. an other problem is: who would decide how the new models should look?

the only way i see this happening is if someone creates a few new models and makes his own mod of ren x... if people like it and the modeler gives all rights for the models to totem arts, maybe there will be a steam release...

but as we are short on moddelers in the community (do we have any?), i don't think this will happen...

Its a long term process so we dont have to rush to get all done at Once .Devs presents with community should discuss /suggest of what everything could done what need to be redo and on what .Some things are universal (tanks (skin),refenery ,weapon factory names doesnt have to be renamed imo.

Globaly i can see a among other things 2 factions :humans vs aliens humanoid looks but with high tech technology. Ressource could be differnent from each other : like alien could harvest an tiburium like from their homeland stuff and human something from our planet .

Well, the main thing we should know is, if we go into it or if devs want to keep it the way it is. It's all what matters. It's very difficult decition.. they went into it becouse they are big fans of C&C and now they have to change the C&C world they like so much into something else..? I don't think this will ever happen

If they dont somebody else will do. So might aswell be TA

Current devs cant. Our major artist had the time when he was a student but now he barely has any time. The other artists that contributed to vehicles and characters only joined to do a character or two and then for the most part went their own ways again. Wich is fine, considering its a free project and most people only have limited time to help out. Meaning right now the modeling power of the current dev team regarding vehicles and characters etc is pretty much down to zero. It would need a lot of new volunteers to get this going.

^ Do we rly need something like officital time when the developing started (since you get enought volunteers etc) or can we actually slowly get into it? You know.. just to do something and less crap around? Concept, sketches... It would be project from both -devs and comunity side. Nothing happens if it won't be succesful.

The only thing we need to see is Yes or No from devs side to start. + answer if you want to keep RenX in C&C world as we all know it and by side create another game similar to RenX? Just.. you know.. it would be a bit shame and it would be a big shock for many of us if RenX get rid of c&c world. Nostalgia is a bitch men.

I think the answer is, if you can make any single model to do this, then eventually do this until you have every visual model this game needs, then you can continue this discussion when you get to that point.

Honestly, once you have a good portion of models for units, vehicles, and weapons, the tiberium can just subtly be turned into mythril or some silly generic ore name and that can be grounds for something. Just need the models, which RypeL said would be the limiting factor, and unless you or your group can provide them, would be the limiting factor.

It would be amazing if this happened. A reskinned game released on steam would gain a wide audience, as the gameplay / graphics/ animation is top-notch and compared to other early access / greenlit games it is a AAA title. We could still have the cool music, unique classes and vehicles, and overall feel and theme of the game, just not direct stuff that infringes on the CNC IP. Sure a lot of people come for the nostalgia, but at the end of the day if the gameplay is the same that is ideally what keeps you here. I would much rather play a slightly modified renegade x with thousands of players, than continue being blackballed by EA which hurts the playerbase as numbers and servers dwindle as the game cannot be properly distributed. I can definitely see a reskinned renegade x on steam with thousands of people playing it. The core gameplay is completely unique and superb; nothing better than rushing a base with flame tanks and heaps of friends, or frantically trying to defend and repair your base! A reskin and new name would also be a breath of fresh air for people who might have tried renegade x and quit early on due to lack of servers etc. I understand the modelling manpower is an issue but it seems that TA would definitely consider doing it if we can find the manpower. That is great and gives me confidence in the future of this game. I want nothing else but for this game to succeed and get the wide audience it deserves.

Current devs cant. Our major artist had the time when he was a student but now he barely has any time. The other artists that contributed to vehicles and characters only joined to do a character or two and then for the most part went their own ways again. Wich is fine, considering its a free project and most people only have limited time to help out. Meaning right now the modeling power of the current dev team regarding vehicles and characters etc is pretty much down to zero. It would need a lot of new volunteers to get this going.

You could do what you did at the beginning of Renx .But this time you have a LOT already done.

Make it official that you want to reskin Renx ,Open a dedicated forum on that matter .Ask for any volunteers that want to participate .Ask community theirs ideas .Come with a plan ( what it will be those 2 factions,technology ,story ect ..forget about names (building characters..)for now .

I think you can ask for Donation no problem for this project,It could pay some freelance artists or what ever its not a revenue from Renx .

Keep RenX as it is ..Start a new game with Renx as foundation and modified everything that need to be .

Show the progress ...

So Renx Fan will still be happy as their game will still be untouched and a new TA game will be out on STEAM and by the same time it will help Renx playerbase

Unnadog: Developers developed this game becouse they love tiberium world and they did it even throught they knew that they will never get paid for it AND the developement still continues! They do what they like and we are honored that we can play it. What I am trying to say is: it's not about us. We can only wish them more people on the servers.

Now we are talking about the game number 2 which would be similar to Renegade X with slightly different game mechanics and world, and completely different models.

Cudaker: Thats exactly what I was trying to say!

We need one clear concept and criteria that we all would follow and list of things that should be done. I belive in myself that I can model characters, weapons and animate for a game SO for example I would take assault rifle on my head with clear sketch, finish it, and let somebody else to make a textures for it. Then continue with other thing from the list.

We need just 1 clear answer to know if devs are willing to put it all together. Yes or No?

Lots of talk, but no results for something that has been discussed many times.

1) You would need to find people interested. Current dev team is...lacking in man power and resources.

2) Most likely you would need to talk to a lawyer or someone knowledgeable in copy right/video games. You have to decide/figure out what is usable or what needs to be redone. That would include models, maps, textures, code, ideas, etc.

3) If all this is done, do you really want to just reskin renx. Why wouldn't you move to UE4 or make an entirely new game.

1) No, we don't need any official signatures of valunteers or something like that. Let's just start with something.. more action and less crap around. Now it's only about making first step which should be done by developers. We need to see their official agreement that they are willing to put it all together when it's done.

2) Nobody cares about a small similarity beween 2 games unless it ouright hit the eyes. Making renegade x was basicaly "stealing" from c&c franchise, more accuratelly C&C:Renegade.

3) Moving to UE4 would mean more coding, and learning.. a lot of learning, moving things from ue3 to ue4. Why would devs have to do things all over again if half of the work is already done in UE3?

If I'd win the lottery I'd put together a team for this :P

But yeah, it's just a lot of work to make all that stuff and you'd also need an Art Director, so you get something awesome and don't get 5 different visual styles throughout the character/building/vehicle designs.

Other options are pitching the concept to a developer studio, or making a kickstarter campaign. Doubt that will work but just throwing some ideas I haven't read before.

Theoretically you could keep the same skeletons for the characters and just reskin them to look nothing alike the original concept. Vehicles are a bit of a different story. Buildings as well. Refineries and power plants could use some minor edits, but the overall design is pretty universal so wouldnt have to be altered a ton. Hand of nod, barracks, weapons factory, AGT and Obelisk would all need significant changes or all new models. Maps are fine in my opinion. All (non-generic) names would need renaming as well, including Command and Conquer mode. Anything that can easily identify the game as being a fundamental copyright infringement is what we need to avoid.

I'm no legal expert by any means, but this sounds like it could theoretically work if done.

you'd also need an Art Director, so you get something awesome and don't get 5 different visual styles throughout the character/building/vehicle designs.

That's what I've meant by writing that there will be one clear concept which would be discussed with established criterias that we (volunteers from comunity) will follow. There would be a person who would say "this is ok, this fits fine, no this need a little change there and there, this has too much vertexes, no this is not warhammer 40000 we don't want huge shoulders and massive breast" -this should determine official Renegade X developers.

Perhaps I imagine it very easily, but I do not think that we must first gather enough people before the project begins. Let's just slowly start with something. Give us your agreement. We will show our progress continuously and maybe more volunteers will come then. The longer we wait, the longer it will take.

Project don't need to 100% succeed, it may take months->years, but we want to do it becouse we like it, right?

I feel like we are forcing devs into something that WE want :D about devs, without devs

Haven't seen no agreement yet, but also no disagreement. It also looks like givin up on RenX which is not true!

Not finished yet, and I am not expecting this to be used anywhere (c-14 gauss rifle from starcraft 2). Just to show you I mean this seriously.

view1.png.70cef4b47be540a6c430c384e493ec82.png

I have an awesomely talented and thorough artist friend who is willing to help out. He can draw up some concept art based on the current models, changing them a little bit to add some style and so they won't be infringing on the IP. He is an old school cnc fan and an absolutely awesome artist. He would like to know how he can get in contact with one of the devs so he can see if his style is what they are looking for. If possible, does anyone know an email for the devs? I think some good concept art is the perfect way to get the ball rolling for a reskin. It will give modellers something to base their reskin on, and we could perhaps vote on which art we prefer for the new models, allowing the community to have more say on what direction it takes. Lets get this party started guys!

Also we can't simply reskin every single model that reminds c&c and put it all in the same suit. Game mechanic should be slightly different from RenX so it can break away from EA.

Still haven't seen no kind of agreement yet, like "ok, but we would need this, this and that". No sign of willingness to do something even passive. We are still discussing about devs, about "RenX 2", but without devs, lol. :D We are looking for directors, some kind of authority in them, while they don't feel like it, and also we don't want to be responsible xD that funny

^ In response to this I'd just like to mention that this project would be non-committal for both: volunteers from comunity and developers.

Dude, they also ... gave us SDK with whole RenX content... maybe we should stop rely on official RenX devs? Even if it's a little bit sad :/

But I am not orienting in UE3 and C++... I can slowly model and animate. Anybody's in?

I don't think any game mechanics would need changing at all. A simple rename of a few things and a reskin should be more than enough. EA won't cease and desist a game that has renegade gameplay but none of their IP. I've studied enough law to understand that the majority of copyright infringements need a bigger basis than similarity in gameplay mechanics. Even if EA somehow trademarked the explicit gameplay of renegade back in 2002, would they really pursue a claim against a game that has no reference to CNC and no obvious reason for new players to think they are playing an EA game? Hate's comment perfectly sums up what would need to be done. I want to convey to everyone here that this is definitely achievable and we CAN get this game on steam if we work together. I think the best way to go would be, get some concept art going, vote on what ones we like, look for modellers, get some models going, then advertise some gameplay videos with the new models where no CNC IP is shown, from there we could launch a kickstarter, or just go straight to steam greenlight.

Let me remind you case EA vs Zynga. If you just reskin it without any slight change in mechanics, they will bring suit against the game. It would be just a graphical modification.. nothing more. And we would have to put aside tiberium world that is BIG reason why ppl play this game.

I am sure that there defenitely is a lot to learn from Renegade X and c&c renegade "mistakes".

"Renegade X 2" have to be slightly different from originals - not just in graphical way.

Just to remind that nobody would givin up on RenX with this project. The Game 2 could also promote Renegade X in it's ingame movies when it's done.

Edited by Guest

Should be noted that even if all this work was put in, getting the game on steam doesn't really guarantee more players. RenX actually holds a respectable player count for how niche of a game it is. There are plenty of games that make it onto steam and have hardly any players or fail completely. You'll also be losing part of what some people enjoy which is...C&C.

I doubt gameplay would be an issue. RenX is already different in many ways. The thing that interests me the most is if map design/layouts could fall under copy right. Though, I wouldn't really miss many original renegade maps.

The gameplay doesn't need to be changed. That lawsuit was filed because they copied pretty much identically a game that EA actively promotes and recieves a lot of revenue from aka The Sims. The only thing that needs to be changed is models, references to cnc, and tiberium. As for possibly failing on steam, it's doubtful. Very few games are of this quality when greenlit. Steam is a community of millions of players and if it was free, there is no doubt that it will be a big success. The gameplay isn't niche, I don't know a single person who plays games who does not think renegade x is awesome. Hundreds of shitty niche indie games get super big, it only takes one player to try out and see how good quality this game is to start a chain reaction. People don't go out of their comfort zones most of the time to get games, so if it isn't on steam they won't bother. Being on steam and free would undoubtedly get a large playerbase.

Lets wrap this EA talk up once and for all. This is my opinion, but pretty much whats going to happen.

1. Ren-x will never be on steam or origin.

2. EA will not interfere with Ren-x as long as there is no money involved, and we stick to the original deal.

3. If you want to make a standalone game similar to Ren-x, but not use EA assets (C&C name) then this is not the place for it. Start your own website, and privately contact people for that project. You want 0 association with Ren-x.

4. From what I see there are few developers who would want to start over from scratch just for the sake of steam/origin. All the main developers and active people have their own day jobs. Lets focus on the game we already created and bringing it to the next level.

In short. We got our answer from EA. So lets move forward with Ren-x.

1. Ren-x is not big and subsequently EA doesn't think its worth its time because it has a very small player base.

2. Ren-x has few players because it has no advertising

3. The only way for Ren-x to truly move forward is for a MASSIVE youtube / twitch campaign.

4. Once CNC_CliffSide is released I will begin my youtuber campaign.

5. Then we hold PUGS with youtubers. The 2-3 weeks following total biscuits review of Ren-x in 2014 translated into 800+ players.

If you want Ren-x to become big. It needs to be advertised. Simple as that. I've done 2 kickstarter campaigns before and was a marketing administrator for other video game projects so I know what I'm talking about.

PLEASE ADD YOUTUBER CONTACT INFO TO THIS CROWDSOURCED EXCEL SHEET. DO NOT CONTACT THEM YET!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Edited by Guest

@all: be careful when you post your opinion publicly (everyone can read/search this forum) about all this EA and IP infringement stuff...

A slight change to the gameplay/names intended (!)to bypass the contract (?) between the devs and EA is not a way to go, imho.

Yes, a new framework/universe would not alter the unique gameplay, but this is too much effort!

Especially coming up with a new, consistent concept, which is not ripped from another franchise

Just look at Ska-Ara's RA2 mod, who's has been working on it for a while and just recently got some support (hats off for that btw!)

It takes a devoted team of (experienced) artists and designers, just like this dev team here, endeavouring to deliver this project and they have to sustain their motivation for many years - that's one of the main reasons why a lot of promising projects fail.

But to address the fundamental issue: Playerbase (maybe new thread?)

Why don't you guys (community) work on marketing material (mainly videos, screenshots, alongside posts) that can be spread through social media?

"This is EVE" style trailer has already been mentioned.

Another example, use the rypel cam tool and record "scripted matches" instead of "regular Multiplayer".

Take the "squad story" trailers for Bad Company 2:

82q4EUQdHOc

Notice how each scene shows some features of the game, yet aligns within this short story?

Show how important teamwork and strategy are in Renegade X.

Setting: Nod attacking GDI Base (e.g. Mesa/Under?).

- assaulting through the front door lets the AGT wreck all the tanks, therefore

- stealth units sneak into the base and destroy the power plant.

- GDI puts mines at the back entrance

- to compensate for the loss in defences, GDI produces tanks and puts them in defensive positions

- Nod tries to attack the Weapons Factory, but fails.

- Instead cut GDI funds => infantry attacks harvester

- the remaining GDI tanks are being repaired by engineers, snipers get into position to take them out.

- Flame Tanks roll in and leave nothing but scorched earth

Flames fade out into RenX logo

2nd Trailer GDI attacks Nod (e.g. Lakeside?)

- commandos blow up Sam Sites, just like in Tiberian Dawn^^

- use air strikes against Nod artillery

- Orcas attack Nod harvester, while engineers capture a silo

- while GDI tanks attack the front,

- a chinook filled with some infantry flies into the nod base from the back and lands on HoN, infantry sneaks down the ramps, throws smoke grenade through the window, jumps into and clears out the HoN.

- place ion cannon beacon - blast

white fade out into RenX logo

To wrap up, I know that this would usually not happen in a regular match, therefore you need a script.

And whoever runs such a server has to make sure that everyone is on TS follows their script, and obeys signals (e.g. patrolling, tanks don't move forwards and backwards all the time...)

And EVERYONE can already participate: all you need is to join the server and listen to what you are told, to present the game that you love in a way that it was "meant" to be played... ;-)

edit: see Redline's post :D

edit2: Those who think they have the skills/resources why don't you try to ADD to the work that has been done already? New buildings is a big topic at the moment, develop a concept for the construction yard?

(might also be helpful for RTS Mode ;) )

The truth is that 99% of gamers on PC only use steam or battlenet/origin. A DRM free game is just not going to pick up enough players as it is out of their comfort zone. The initial hype of renegade X has worn off. You can contact all the youtubers you want but that will never give as much publicity as a steam release would. The truly big youtubers play popular games, they won't play renX. Even if you brought in a few hundred players from some youtube reviews, how many would stick around when theres no servers, it's not on steam so they can't chat and play with their friends easily etc. Undoubtedly the playerbase will continue to decline no matter what you do unless it is released on steam. EA ruling out a steam release is a nail in the coffin, games simply don't succeed without a viable distribution platform. Reskinning and releasing on steam is the only way to truly revive the game and bring in a huge influx new players.

Edited by Guest

@unnadog.

No need to be salty...I'm just making progress. As I said it is just my opinion there is no authority in my words. I stand by my post and that the info is pretty spot on. Also I'm not here to advertise my kickstarters, I'm here to help Ren-X move forward (not backwards or start over).

It is my opinion a "reskin" is not viable, the scarce resources and developers that exist should be focused on refining and expanding ren-x. Not being on steam or origin hasn't stopped Ren-X so far. So lets embrace it.

A DRM free game is just not going to pick up enough players as it is out of their comfort zone

Witcher 3?

A youtube campaign is the best option here, no need to hate. Not being on steam is a disadvantage that can be turned into an advantage when creating a unique story to tell youtubers. Send me a PM if you want to talk more.

Sorry but I believe in project game2 and unless its an official post from TA as No,its still an option.

EA cant stop any developpers to do a game that's doesn't come in conflict with theirs.

As says many time Renx would still be going on and support ,Game 2 is something else and very feasible and already without any official statement from TA there is some support by the community talents.

EA don't care what TA want to do in their future game there only concern was about Renx (aka c&c look a like).

Lets be constructive and positive stop whatch the train and pull our sleeve and lets dot it !

and about renx and youtubers its ok and that is on the RenX department ,game 2 is another one

@redline Witcher 3 was released on all consoles, steam, and also origin from day one (even CDPR, a company that actively advocates DRM-free gaming wasn't stupid enough to release their flagship title as a DRM-free exclusive), so that point is invalid. I'm not trying to discredit your attempts to bring renegade-x more players, I just think that it's a short term solution that won't last, whereas a launch on steam will. I guess we can just agree to disagree as to what the best course of action for the future of the game would be.

There was literaly ten's of full server back in days. Devs are not enought motivated or are not willing to change any of unfamous things of RenX that was adapted from c&c renegade, or add things. Aaaand we are back in this pointless discussions again becouse nothing revolutionary will ever happen to this game with this approach.

Youtube and propagation is just short term solution.

And the most active developer is Yosh atm, which is stubborn at many points and is hibernating somewhere atm.

That's why I believe in project game n.2. It's a new light at the end of the tunnel. Many mistakes from c&c renegade and RenX can be fixed there just for a simple reason- that we can't simply copy all the stuffs.

Everything redline had in his post was pretty much spot on. You should pay more attention to what he had posted cause it reflects the reality. So pls do not talk someone down for saying how it is. He made fair points about what actually is achievable. A steam release however is not realistic at all and at best a few years away. Reason is a) we got official word from EA that RenX on Steam or Origin will definatly not be allowed and b) the dev team doesent have the members left to reskin RenX nor do the devs have enough interest in doing so. Most devs, especially the leads have been on this for years and now have life to take care of. Making it onto Steam for RenX is impossible so it would mean a lot of work to reskin etc and would pretty much need to be a new project by a new team. RenX devs could maybe aid as advisors but i cant think of a current, remaining dev that would actually invest heavily in contributing.

The strategy and plan of the core dev team members is to wrap up and to hand it over the community for them to maintain it in the future as much as possible with the old gen devs only acting as advisors from time to time but beeing able to live their lifes. We have dayjobs and stuff now.

Also we gathered all of our remaining energy and new devs etc to make the latest bigger releases like 1.4 and 1.5 but still playernumbers didnt really increase. That is dissapointing and certainly demotiviating aswell.

Redline is right that the game should get something like a youtube campaign. It doesent need to be the biggest youtubers. But every bit of promo could help. If player numbers would increase there would also be a much bigger chance to find new devs wich then again could open up new possibilities.

But now we are back in the predictable cycle of declining playernumbers and players blaming the devs for that and asked them to make revolutionary changes and will tell them whats wrong with this and that. Instead of advertising the game and such. I will tell you this: I do nto care anymore (and as you can see by the number of other devs posting they dont really care much either). If the game dies then it dies. Ig the community decides that its this time again to just blame the devs for dedicating their freetime for them instead of the community trying to do things like youtube advertising and such then why should we even care about you ? Steamrelease is a very far fetched dream. But the guy with actual ideas you talk down instantly again. Really, get a clue and do it right or dont. For all i know: It was a big achievement for us to get RenX going. Most projects like this died brutal deaths. We can be proud of making it till here. If it dies it dies and i can have my peace and atleast some players migh have had some fun and we atleast made a playable product where most other projects failed long before that.

You clearly misunderstood rypel's post. He's saying there isn't an active dev team remaining really. The ones that are around are busy and burnt out. If people want to form a team to work on a project like what you suggest, there's nothing stopping them. RenX source code and most assets are available to everyone. Anyone could start a project like that and I doubt "totem arts" would care.

The fact is there's only like 3 coders, 1 mapper, and havoc left. All of those are busy and unmotivated. RenX is far from dead, it just survives by the community. See all the people who have stepped up and done cool things. Ruud, smitzenberg (butchered the spelling, doctorb0ngalongadingdong, henk, thommy, etc. There's nothing stopping you from starting this project that you seem to want. The entire idea is for the community to carry on renx as there is no real active dev team. Yosh56 who did a tonnn of work on the recent patches and auto patching was just a community member who starting coding stuff.

• Agent locked this topic