5.15 Feedback

Xuanne

Hi, just played a few rounds of the new patch, and also had the chance to play all 4 of the new maps. So some feedback here:

[MAPS]

Tomb: the map is too easy to rush in, in both matches I played, the match was basically over for one side within the first 5 minutes. There should at least be some base defence imo, doesn't have to be AGT/Obi, but at least a guard tower/turret or two.

It is also possible to plant a beacon and make it appear partially within the edge of the power plant's outer curve (one of the players has a screenshot of this) which makes it easy to miss for some people.

Crash Site: only played one round, was too engrossed exploring the Scrin ship (awesome work on the interior, btw!). But the map was also over very quickly for GDI, though this might be because too many people were exploring.

Snow: crazy close quarters fighting is back!

Grassy Knoll: didn't get to explore much, stuck in base repairing ):

[Vehicles]

The mammoth move speed increase is somewhat noticeable, and the 100% regen is nice, makes you immune to small arms fire.

Sometimes I have to click twice to fire both cannons on the mammoth tank. I hold the fire button, but only the first shell fires, then I have to reclick to fire the second one. (only happened to me on one of the matches, so not sure if an actual bug or just me being retarded)

---

So far this is what feedback I have, it's a great patch with all the new maps, though some might need balancing/tweaking. Excellent work :D

I don't think Tomb needs any automated defenses. Based on some play throughs from earlier today, I can honestly say I actually like this new level (possibly my favorite out of the levels added with this patch).

Crash Site has some glaring design issues, but the intricate details and eye candy are absolutely lovely. I love the interior of the ship (which could totally be expanded and used for other game modes, such as CTF or Deathmatch).

Snow is painful.

Okay I will add some defence on Tomb

What should I do?:

- Add gun emplacements on the wall

- Add auto-defence in the base (guard tower / turret)

- Do both

Personally I would keep it this way, nothing wrong with a quick map and I also noticed Tomb going on for longer than 5 minutes in some sessions :)

I think once players get used to Tomb, they will know to look out for very early rushes through the tomb section and this will halt the games ending within 5 minutes, at the moment maps are new and people just want to explore and don't know all the paths and entrances into each base, once learned things will calm down :)

Crash Site has some glaring design issues,

Could you be more specific? Is it map related or server related? I know the CPU freaks out, the good thing is, I also know why. I'm able to fix that.

Did you encounter any gameplay issues?

but the intricate details and eye candy are absolutely lovely. I love the interior of the ship (which could totally be expanded and used for other game modes, such as CTF or Deathmatch).

Thanks! We could definitely do that. I have put the content in seperate packages so people can re-use that in their own works if they like to.

• Totem Arts Staff

Yea, i think most of the Maps are pretty good and not bad balanced. The first Days after releasing new Maps are the worst Days if u want to play serious, but most of the Players wants explore first these Maps and checking everything out. I'm pretty sure after a week every Map getting played good and most of the Players will like them. :)

Okay I will add some defence on Tomb

What should I do?:

- Add gun emplacements on the wall

- Add auto-defence in the base (guard tower / turret)

- Do both

Please allow the map to have some proper playtime before making any significant changes. I've played it twice so far and its been over pretty quickly, but people still need to adapt to the attacks and learn the map before we go asking for automated base defenses and guard towers.

Volcano and Complex are also very quick rush maps that you can draw parallels from.

Grassyknoll desperately needs some changes done for balance purposes. GDI has huge advantages.

GT > Turret is every way. Needs to be backed up a lot at the very least. Silo is facing GDI more than nod. GDI base probably could be spread out more as well..way too easy to defend every building, when they are so close together and Nod's are spread out heavily. The tib field being huge favors GDI as well because of more armored vehicles, whereas nod needs techs on their vehicles and cannot do so in a tib field. You can also hit Nod's base from far, far easier than GDI's because of the angles of the map as well.

I can amen to what HaTe says.

GT could be put in places that support the doors without the field, and turret can be field-visible, as one change.

GDI base can remain a cluster as long as decent "cover" is put in and around the base. Rocks to hide alongside, clusters of trees, something like Walls has that cave on the side of the base for instance.

Tib field, is huge, it could honestly use a break in the center of it. Then Nod just needs to gitgud and have engis ride alongside until the tibfield is passed to a safe zone.

The angles would get fixed with the most common opinion of the map; Add cover to the open side, maybe rocks like Islands or something.

Gun jamming still happens (had it with Sydney, miz.htt had it too), and I can still shoot myself in the back of the head with the grenade launcher in 3rd person view, haven't checked yet with McFarland.

Will Lakeside and Whiteout be fixed so you can't get vehicles on infantry paths and over rocks leading into the enemy base?

And you get damaged on Whiteout in the GDI base in a part where there's no water, near the outer guard tower, the landscape is a bit lower, you take damage in that low part and there's no water there, I've checked with the SDK. It must be set up in a way that you take damage if you're lower than a certain Z value right? Then heightening the terrain there for a bit should fix it.

Some other small things that already existed:

Invisible gun in first person view

Floating arms in 3rd person view

HUD not showing/updating correctly after getting out of a vehicle, gets set to normal when you change weapon.

Spelling errors in spotting volumes and unit spotting (Patche, Artillerie are 2 of them)

And a question: Why the abbreviations on unit spotting? For instance: why not write Stealth Tank instead of S.Tank? I think that will look better and will be easier to understand. Unless someone spots like 6 different unit types it won't clutter the chat area of the screen.

I am pretty sure Patche and Artillerie are only spelt like that to make it correct in plural. Guess if you can only have one...

The rest of that list, are long-time bugs of cosmetic variety. Some of them actually sound fixable though. I will bring it up more specifically to the powers that be.

Oh for the plurals, but still looks a bit weird, maybe it's better to use a different string if there's a plural, instead of using the (s) method.

Oh I forgot, I think the endgame screen always says "By destroying the enemy base", If i remember correctly...

don't know how easy it is to change that, but that's also one of those small cosmetic fixes that will make the game look more complete.

I am pretty sure Patche and Artillerie are only spelt like that to make it correct in plural. Guess if you can only have one...

Yeah its cause of the plurals and i didnt think of the "Patche and Artillerie" cases yet. I can add specific logic to make the singulars work better though. Nothing problematik, just a bit of work. Will put it on the list.

• Totem Arts Staff
Gun jamming still happens (had it with Sydney, miz.htt had it too)

You'd have to be more specific. I still haven't been able to get any with the PIC or Railgun. Unless you mean switching back to them after shooting. Then that's just the bolt action reload not playing its animation, but it's supposed to do that. Otherwise you end up with the beta 1 PIC

and I can still shoot myself in the back of the head with the grenade launcher in 3rd person view

I managed to shoot myself in the back of the head with an SBH whilst trying to shoot inside the doorway to a building, first time I've noticed it. I was aware of being able to do it with grenadiers based on someone elses video previously.

Nope.. still can't break my PIC.. been playing for 2 days now.

Like Henk and others allrdy mentioned i am also 101% certain there is something wrong with PIC/Railgun (besides the bolt action reload and the animation not playing correctly every time, which is super annyoing even if its intended) I cant tell why/when its jamming and i cant replicate it yet but something is wrong with it for sure. 3-5days ago i even managed to completely jam the railgun, i couldnt shoot reload or do anything with it. Pistol, mines ect. just worked fine but when switching to railgun my crosshair just stayed yellow forever and it wouldnt shoot at all, just doing the shot-animation (raise weapon in front of you)

Other feedback/bug report:

- one can still jump both refs on Volcano

- jumping/being mid-air when a timed c4 is exploding will reduce the dmg taken. dont know if its intended but i just found out you can survive c4-crates if you play a class with enough hp

- when driving backwards and downhill with nod-apc you reach superspeed, cant be done with gdi-apc. Is this intended because its super-fun to do but shouldnt work for just nod-apc

Ah well it's just a suggestion :D I just felt that a guard tower or two would help blunt the initial assault to prevent too much damage

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

It's too early to add those. All players need to do is be prepared to expect incoming. I always prepare for that on Volcano, particularly the Chem rushes through the tib fields.

I cant tell why/when its jamming and i cant replicate it yet but something is wrong with it for sure. 3-5days ago i even managed to completely jam the railgun, i couldnt shoot reload or do anything with it.

The PIC and Railgun are both experimental tech' of course they're not going to function perfectly, it's understandable the railgun performs more consistently though, Nod are more technologically advanced.

• Totem Arts Staff
I cant tell why/when its jamming and i cant replicate it yet but something is wrong with it for sure. 3-5days ago i even managed to completely jam the railgun, i couldnt shoot reload or do anything with it.

The PIC and Railgun are both experimental tech' of course they're not going to function perfectly, it's understandable the railgun performs more consistently though, Nod are more technologically advanced.

Actually the railgun is GDI technology. 2 reasons:

1. The UNGDI is scratched off the railgun and replaced with NOD

2. The railgun is used in Tiberium Wars for GDI.

This isn't TERRIBLE because the beacon is still partially visible, but a beacon can still be partially obscured in various building geometries. I wasn't even trying to do this, but when I died and Q-targeted my beacon to call for cover I noticed that half of it was embedded in the geometry of the power plant.

ttU4GFY.jpg

• Totem Arts Staff
Actually the railgun is GDI technology. 2 reasons:

1. The UNGDI is scratched off the railgun and replaced with NOD

2. The railgun is used in Tiberium Wars for GDI.

The railgun literally has a scratched out GDI symbol on it... look at it next time you reload the railgun

Under that it says "Fire off-screen to reload", with a little icon next to it.

There's more, the top of the bottom half of the Mammoth Tank says "Zombies are coming", and on the Hovercraft you can read:

"Damn

Keep Clear

Cant Read This"

And I think there was a rifle that had a killcount scratched into it, but I might have seen that somehwere else.

Oh and to stay on-topic, I really like that you can break off a piece of wall on GrassyKnol, cool feature :)

The railgun literally has a scratched out GDI symbol on it... look at it next time you reload the railgun

Didn't you know. It was a Nod deep cover agent who designed it while 'working' for the GDI, used their resources to build a prototype, burnt the lab to the ground and stanked off back to Nod with said prototype in his possession.