Unable to Join Servers

HanakoToast

I play in the server for about 5 minutes until it eventually kicks me out, stating that I have lost connection with the host. After that, I click on the Join button to rejoin the server but it does not do anything. No errors or anything, just nothing when I try to rejoin that server.

I can't tell if Im banned or that my connection was rejected.

This has happened to two servers now.

If you guys are able to help, I would appreciate it!

i have the same problem since 2 days... i don't understand why anybody would target such a small project like renegade x for a ddos? what do they gain from?

EDIT: i just had a major lag issue on the CT servers... game was unplayable at some point... had to leave like the last 2 days on every server... couldn't play an hour without the server lagging as hell...

tested my ping and connection and found no issues... the game also shows a good stable ping of 40-70 to the CT servers...

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the 'RenX_Game' package you have is not the same version as the server you tried to join. Did you run the game through the launcher, or did you directly run UDK.exe? Only the launcher performs automated updates (though I may look into generating a warning of some sort when the game version is out of date).

It looks like the 'RenX_Game' package you have is not the same version as the server you tried to join. Did you run the game through the launcher, or did you directly run UDK.exe? Only the launcher performs automated updates (though I may look into generating a warning of some sort when the game version is out of date).

Launcher already does this if I recall.

The game on the other hand doesn't. (Only via mismatch)

So it turns out that the class that does a version check in-game, Rx_VersionCheck, pulls the version number from a location that hasn't been updated since Open Beta 3. We should probably check if this is still functional, and update the value to the current version.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a solution for this server version mismatch problem? I've just reinstalled the game and downloaded the latest version via the launcher and am encountering the same problem.

[edit] Actually, I've just noticed it's a different package.[/edit]