5.15 Change List

yosh56

Cliffside 1.3 released. See release thread for link

Ready to play. Yagi since the minimap is going to be a bit more complicated we'll save that for the next version.

I can get started on it. If it's in the update, it's because Yosh opened the floodgates and stuffed 4-5 additional maps in it, and if that's the case I didn't have a chance or awareness to work upon it anyway. It won't get done in time unless Yosh delays it for Monday, but I can start on it.

Your going to have to select a lot of the rocks and the rivers (make groups) that are above the cave & infantry tunnels. Go to their properties and attach a tag, label, or name to them. Then right click and uncheck visibility. Take a screenshot of the map with rocks visible and then invisible. Blend in photoshop to reveal tunnels. Use opacity to make it look nice.

I'll likely just delete until tunnels exposed, different method same result. Good suggestion though. Also, I have PaintDotNet, so different tools but same result. Not sure if tunnels are "substancial terrain" or "flat outlines", if flat outlines I will make more visible the "tunnel walls" and less visible the actual colors within. In TombRedux's case, the "rocky mountain" the tunnels were all in, didn't have a travel layer above so I was able to focus on the tunnel and just hint the pattern/color of the rocky topside. In your case, there's an "above" and "below".

+ Beacons should no longer fall down into small cracks.

can we also add: beacons should no longer clip into other things, so they actually are visible? hate the beacons on the light of the nod air strip. even targeting doesn't show the beacons... you have to go purely on the sound and know the spot...

also i hate the beacon inside the airstirp tower on flying maps, where you can only get by jumping from the railing. remove a piece of the wall to enter the tower without jumping or use fireproof glas so nobody can enter...

• Totem Arts Staff

Beacon drop mechanic becomes different technical wise. It no longer drops like a grenade but rather instantly placed on the surface the player is standing on. The possibility of the beacon clipping through should be reduced

About airstrip though, yeah the lamp is not treated as a collision which makes the beacon really obscured

As for the strip's tower, infiltrating that spot already becomes part of the game although for newbies, I can understand that it is one of the obscured path, but it's also one of Nod base's weakness while Nod already has the advantage of SBH

it's not about advantage or disadvantage. it's about keeping the mechanics of the beacons the same, so it is less confusing for new people. GDI surely doesn't have a spot where the beacon gets invisible. they had that spot where the beacon could fall in a crack on WF roof, but they fixed it. so why not fix also those other shady placements of beacons?

and it really isn't that much of an advantage for GDI, because once you know the spots it really is like any other spot:

beacon gets defended by enemy sniper/tanks --> beacon goes off

defending team manages to kill all enemys on the beacon --> beacon gets defused

the only difference is, that a lot of people (especially new ones) don't know how to enter the airstrip tower or run past you when you are defusing the beacon on the airstrip lamp.

it's just making the game harder for new players and doesn't help anything for expierienced players. also it clearly looks like a bug for me... beacons should be visible and the place where they are placed should be accessible for every one. it's the reason why the crack falling was fixed.

I've got to say, I'm very impressed with the map 'Crash Site.' I'm loving the ominous sounds and ambiance when walking through the Scrin Ship, it's amazing. I also think the derelict Weapons Factory in front of the Scrin Ship is cool too, I just wish that something similar had been done for Nod in that map as well, so GDI and Nod could both have vehicles from TS in one map. But seriously though, great map, love the update.