[Sticky] Map Testing Sessions

yosh56

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My suggestion would be tomb indeed and the new Goldrush? Let's don't forget to contact map editors with older and unfinished maps. There are some nice maps which aren't finished yet and could be picked up again!

no love for the beach of head ? but mehhh i need to upload a new version anyways so mehhh

Tell us what you are changing? Maybe we can test it next week?

Edit:

What about containment, coastal and some other maps which need finetuning?

• Totem Arts Staff
no love for the beach of head ? but mehhh i need to upload a new version anyways so mehhh

Tell us what you are changing? Maybe we can test it next week?

Edit:

What about containment, coastal and some other maps which need finetuning?

The balance of Coastal(small) is unfair and has way too much defence at nod side. Containment is infantry only and many don't like that

Whatever the final choices for testing, I think it would be a good idea to focus on maps that are realistically close enough to being finished and can be fine tuned so that they may be integrated into the next patch - public games are starting to feel a bit stagnant despite the infantry changes, which were very welcome.

(Walls, Islands, Lakeside, Whiteout) 2:1 (Canyon, Volcano, Complex, Training Yard)

Field: No. Under: No. Goldrush: Meh.

Not sure why Eyes disappeared.

• Totem Arts Staff

Can't test cause my sister is behind pc and don't want to let me game :mad:

And 5 minutes before it supposed to start there were only 3 to 4 People on TS. Test session is not really popular :(

I heard Tomb wasn't tested, only GrassyKnoll

A lot off people has issues testing grassyknol cause they had the wrong version, before that Woods was tested. Not sure why Tomb wasn't on the list, hope this weekend?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
Would it be fine to make a video just showing around the maps that are being posted to show around if some people don't feel like actually downloading it or are having some troubles and so on?

Thommy(or someone else?) already did that once

Doesn't work too well...

Would it be fine to make a video just showing around the maps that are being posted to show around if some people don't feel like actually downloading it or are having some troubles and so on?

There;s a launcher in the works that auto-downloads missing maps to your client if you join a server.

• 1 month later...
Can we test City soon? That, and another map, don't really care, either Cliffside, Beach Head, or something.

I am trying to convince some mappers to do another testing session, but so far no reply...

• Agent unpinned this topic