[Sticky] Map Testing Sessions

yosh56

• Totem Arts Staff

Think we should just make it official like PUGs and therefore have a topic that tracks these things.

I say we agree on one time that we'll use for every week, and then every week we'll have an established set of maps to test on.

I'm personally pushing for a Friday/Saturday time-frame. Once established I'll just update it like the PUG post.

This week: Tomb and Uphill

Meet on ts.constructivetyranny.com for info

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are doing 3 maps at a time, might be best to do ~1hr before pug, set time to 15 minutes, and start people off with 800 credits. If we have actually 8-12 people a team show up, it'll be good testing even if short.

Who said we would do three at a time? I was thinking of doing 1 and making it a quality test with normal starting creds etc

If we are doing 3 maps at a time, might be best to do ~1hr before pug, set time to 15 minutes, and start people off with 800 credits. If we have actually 8-12 people a team show up, it'll be good testing even if short.

Who said we would do three at a time? I was thinking of doing 1 and making it a quality test with normal starting creds etc

I also would say ~1 hour so max 2 maps (depending on the maps), otherwise I think a map could fall short a bit.

I also would say ~1 hour so max 2 maps (depending on the maps), otherwise I think a map could fall short a bit.

I think it's best to test one map at a time. Even if the map ends, it should restart.

I think there should be 2 play sessions per map. One for just playing the map and getting feedback for the overall play style (Is the map playable, B2B problems etc.), and one for the technical aspect where you try things on the map without getting killed by other players. (Getting stuck bugs, boundary problems etc.)

The technical one could be with less players, but the gameplay one would be ideal to put before the PUG.

First testing session will be this Saturday (January 16th) at 18:00 GMT.

Please make sure you're ready before 18:00. Please be on TeamSpeak (ts.constructiveTyranny.com) and either have the map downloaded before hand or make sure you can auto-download the map.

The maps we will be testing this week are:

1) Snow (Henk) http://maps.constructivetyranny.com/data/public/snow1.2

2) GoldrushTest (Bananas et al.) http://maps.constructivetyranny.com/dat ... ldrushtest

• Totem Arts Staff
I'm down for crash site and grassy knoll if the map makers want them tested.

GrassyKnoll_Ion is waiting for testing. It's available on the renx.constructivetyranny.com site and my OneDrive(See signature, or topic in releases).

......is there one without the Ion storm?

I'm down for crash site and grassy knoll if the map makers want them tested.

GrassyKnoll_Ion is waiting for testing. It's available on the renx.constructivetyranny.com site and my OneDrive(See signature, or topic in releases).

......is there one without the Ion storm?

There could be one, Ill have to disable the kismet and rebuilt lighting. If that is what is preferred.

EDIT: Now 2 zips are availabe, CNC-GrassyKnoll and CNC-GrassyKnoll_Ion. Havent tested the one without Ion storm yet,but all the config files are changed. Will test later today. Only difference is Ion storms are disabled

EDIT2: Updated the non ion version, it could crash the game due to faulty config files. Should all be good now

Here are the links to the proposed maps taken from Rudd's map-testing server post updated earlier in the week.

Updated CNC-Crash Site

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cselfidlu0cktm3/AAB-wGU30egRFShRC9xSSauHa?dl=0

CNC-GrassyKnoll

http://1drv.ms/1MKkzcB

Could somebody confirm the link for the correct Grassy Knoll version? I'm guessing it's labelled "Release" as the other one has Ion in the name.

Should the PUG/Map-testing posts perhaps be moved from General into Community & Events?

Could somebody confirm the link for the correct Grassy Knoll version? I'm guessing it's labelled "Release" as the other one has Ion in the name.

There are 2 versions: CNC-GrassyKnoll_Ion and CNC-GrassyKnoll. Use the one without ION.

So use this file:

CNC-GrassyKnoll_Release_1_3_1.zip

NOT THIS FILE:

CNC-GrassyKnoll_Ion_Release_1_3_1.zip

Both can be found @ : http://1drv.ms/1MKkzcB

Both are the same maps, only Ion storm mechanic has been disabled in the ION less one.

• Agent unpinned this topic