Renegade Campaign Maps

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Yo. After I discovered how to get models of C&C Renegade in Renegade X SDK I had a great idea.

Some of the Renegade Fans want to see the campaign maps back in action. I had nothing to do and then I started to Remake the first mission of C&C Renegade Campaign Maps.

It's a bit boring sometimes. Because I need to use a lot of rock. But every day I have something done.

So I was planning to release some PREVIEW SCREENSHOTS. It's not done full 100%.

In the link below you can download the 2 screenshots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ze9 ... Ex3SDNmbWs

Oh my god, i wanted to do this for sooo long, i would have loved to have started work on it but never did because there would be dozens of models and fully functional buildings that required re-creation. I don't have any mapping experience nor coding experience in UDK either, or barely anything even. After i saw your tutorial, i wanted to go crazy on it, learn everything but i don't have access to my computer for a couple of weeks... But it seems like you went ahead of me. Enough blabbering, hahaha!

Good luck on your project! I guess i'm too late to work on it now. :)

That doesn't explain it because you steal intel from the Nod base at which you find out about a prisoner camp in M01, where you also hack into the mainframe of a nearby comm center to track the location of the kidnapped scientist which you're trying to save in M02 but fail. It all connects too properly, It's a perfect introduction mission. It also makes no sense because the name M12 is unused.

Why i know all of this? I've seen the cutscenes a lot lately for reasons i won't tell yet :)

• Totem Arts Staff

The buildings is the biggest problem. I'm not one that can Re-create buildings. Like the commcenter or comstruction yard. Luckly the M13 map owns only the HoN and Obby. And you cant enter them. So I dont need to worry about the interiors.

And I'm not sure M13 is a bonus mission. I think westwood created the first mission after M01. I saw a video from M01 and that was during the bèta testing of C&C Renegade. (And I saw some footage of M01 during the beta testing. Looked more awesome than final version)

The buildings is the biggest problem. I'm not one that can Re-create buildings. Like the commcenter or comstruction yard. Luckly the M13 map owns only the HoN and Obby. And you cant enter them. So I dont need to worry about the interiors.

And I'm not sure M13 is a bonus mission. I think westwood created the first mission after M01. I saw a video from M01 and that was during the bèta testing of C&C Renegade. (And I saw some footage of M01 during the beta testing. Looked more awesome than final version)

Right now I'm still developing my map with it's assets.. I've got a professional game developer on board (he's working @ activision) for custom models. I'll ask him in the future to create some custom models, such as the construction yard :)

Can you provide me with a list of buildings that are 'extra' in the original renegade?

for example:

* Construction Yard

* Communication center

* ????

hey thommy, is it possible to extract models from fan-made multiplayer levels? some of them contain a complete model of the Comm Center, Con-yard, Temple of Nod, extended versions of the Hand of Nod (with an elevator!) and many others I don't recall right now. I know you opened .mix files in RenX (the model/terrain editor), but are there other files that are compatible? I've taken a look a while ago in Renegade's ttfs/files folder where Renegade stores all the files downloaded with scripts 4.0's autodownloader. but i'm not sure if that's where the location of the .mix files are. Every file is stored there, including the never released buildings and models, so it should be, but the names are so cryptic and i'm not able to take a look right now, so yeah...

All i know is that there are fully fledged models out there of everything we'd ever need with an interior, just how do we import them...

• Totem Arts Staff

I've edited the list. These buildings are extra structures

* GDI/Nod Construction Yard

* Nod Communication center

* Shrine of Nod

* GDI/Nod Helipad

* GDI/Nod Tiberium Silo

* GDI Advanced Communication Center

I'm going to extract the extra structures from C&C Fjord. That map owns all the structures

Edited by Guest

• Totem Arts Staff

UPDATE (8-14-15)

I've finished the first mission of Renegade Campaign Maps (The Scorpion Hunters). We've seen in C&C Renegade these maps in Deathmatch. I've been thinking and I think that I mess up the map when I'm going to use kismet. So what I want to say. The maps will be deathmatch.

I've updated the 2 screenshots. And I've added one of the Nod Base.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ze9 ... 1BOTnJFYTA

I only need to make an endgame camera. And do some test plays

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my second map I'm thinking of the second mission (Rescue and Rebritation a.k.a M01) or the fourth mission (The Plot Erupts a.k.a M03). The only problem is. There are buildings that are not remade (These two missions own a Nod Communication Center and M01 owns a GDI Construction Yard (Not Accessable))

And I'm not a person who can remake these buildings (I got the old models of it in the SDK)

Handepsilon asked me if I can give him the buildings. He wanted to give it a try. If you can remake a building, PM me. It can be helpfull.

I've edited the list. These buildings are extra structures

* GDI/Nod Construction Yard

* Nod Communication center

* Shrine of Nod

* GDI/Nod Helipad

* GDI/Nod Tiberium Silo

* GDI Advanced Communication Center

I'm going to extract the extra structures from C&C Fjord. That map owns all the structures

Also,

* GDI/Nod Repair Facility

* Temple of Nod

* Nod Shore Defense Cannon

• Like 1